Lecturer I, Department of Biology
Mr Justin C. Nnokwe
Justin is the first child among three children born to Mr and Mrs Jerome Nnokwe, from Ozuakoli, Urualla in Ideato-North Local Government Area of Imo State, Nigeria. He is a BSc 2003 graduate of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, an MSc graduate of Federal University of Technology, Owerri, and currently pursuing a PhD in Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. He is married with children.
Justin is an academic staff in the Department of Biology, FUTO. He is an environmental enthusiast and researcher, with a special interest in renewable energy from biomass, waste-to-wealth remedies, and environmental conservation.
- MSc. Microbiology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2011)
- BSc. Applied Microbiology and Brewing, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (2003)
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member, Nigerian Society for Microbiology
- Member, Parasitology and Public Health Society of Nigeria
- Member, Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria
- Federal Medical Centre: 2006 -2009
- FUTO: 2009 – date
Renewable Energy, Environmental Conservation, Waste-to-Wealth Technologies.
- *Ogueri Nwaiwu1, Vincent I. Ibekwe2, Ekperechi S. Amadi2, Angela C. Udebuani3, Ferdinand C. Nwanebu2, Okechukwu I. Oguoma2, and Justin C. Nnokwe2 (2016). Evaluation of Fermentation Products of Palm Wine Yeasts and Role of Sacoglottis gabonensis Supplement on Products Abundance. Beverages 2016,2,9; doi:10.3390/beverages2020009
- **Adjeroh LA, Ajuruchi VC, Nnokwe JC, Azuwike CO, Mgbemena IC. (2015). Preliminary phytochemical screening and antibacterial/antifungal activities of leaf extracts of Euphobia hirta. Journal of Natural Sciences Research 5 (16): 153-158
- **Okechi RN, Azuwike CO, Nnokwe JC, Chiegboka N., Ukagwu N., and Ezenekwe FN. (2015). Mycological contamination of Snuff sold in local markets in Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal for Environmental Health and Human Development.
- ** Okechi RN, Onyekere JA, Azuwike CO, Nnokwe JC, Ibe U, and Ukagwu N. (2013). Groundwater Quality of Boreholes Located Around Cassava Processing Mills. Journal of Research in Public Health: 056-062.
- ** Mgbemena IC, Nnokwe JC, Adjeroh LA, and Onyemekara NN. (2012). Resistance of Bacteria Isolated from Otammiri River to Heavy Metals and Some Selected Antibiotics. Current Research Journal of Biological Sciences 4(5):551-556.
- ** Mgbemena IC, Okechukwu IJ, Onyemekara NN, and Nnokwe JC. (2012). Physicochemical and Microbial Characterisation of Somberiro River in Ahoada East Local Government Area, Rivers State, Nigeria. International Journal of Biosciences (IJB),Vol.2, No.8,36-44.
- ** Mgbemena IC, Udensi UJ, Nnokwe JC, Obi RK, and Ogbonna EA. (2012). Antibiotics Sensitivity of Bacteria Pathogens Isolated from Tilapia Aquaculture Systems in Owerri, Imo State. Journal of Aquatic Sciences 27(1): 15-22.
- ** Duru NC, Okechi RN, Emeh AA, and Nnokwe JC. (2010). Monitoring Heavy Metal Pollution of Soils Along Two Major Highways in Owerri, Nigeria, Using Taraxacum Officinale As Bio-indicator. International Journal of Environmental Health & Human Development. Vol 11 (2).