Graduate Assistant, Department of Biotechnology
Mercy N. Madubuike
Mercy N. Madubuike is currently a Graduate Assistant in the Department of Biotechnology, Federal University of Technology Owerri. She graduated from Abia State University, Uturu where She got her first degree in Plant Science & Biotechnology and her Masters degree is still in-view here in FUTO. She hails from Isuikwuato L.G.A. in Abia State. Her areas of research interest are Plant Biotechnology & Environmental Biotechnology.
List of Academic & Professional Qualifications with dates
- MSc in Biotechnology (in-view)
- BSc in Plant Science & Biotechnology (2011)
List of Honours/Merit Awards received
- Silver Medal on National Biology Olympiad 2006.
- Best Graduating Student of 2011/2012 Set (Plant Science & Biotechnology) ABSU.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Biotechnology Society of Nigeria (BSN)
- Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM)
- Laboratory Analyst at Helicon Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt. Rivers State.
- NYSC Experience: Biology Teacher at Community Secondary School, Rumuigbo. Rivers State.
- SIWES Experience: Assistant Laboratory Technician at Tissue Culture Laboratory, National Root Crops Research Institute, Umudike. Abia State.
Areas of Research Interest/Specialization
- Plant & Environmental Biotechnology
List of peer-reviewed Publications
A STUDY OF THE ANTIFUNGAL ACTIVITIES OF TWO NIGERIAN EDIBLE MUSHROOM EXTRACTS ON ASPERGILLUS FLAVUS AND PENICILLIUM NOTATUM.