Lecturer II, Department of Biotechnology
Mrs Augusta A. Nwachukwu
Añuli Augusta Nwachukwu(Mrs) was born, as the last child, into the honourable family of Late Nze & Ezinne Lolo A.D Ndukauba (both of whom were renowned headteachers) of Umudiawo, Obetiti Nguru in Aboh Mbaise L.G.A of Imo State. Due to her profound enthusiasm and love for education/learning, as she accompanied her mother to school on a daily basis, as a toddler, began her primary education at the age of four (4) and had it merry, through to the University, up to the 3rd degree. She has a great passion for teaching, learning and mentoring younger minds. She is a member of some professional bodies, such as BSN, FADIB and OWSDW, and has authored/ co-authored in a number of peer-reviewed Journals, both local and international. As a lover of nature, her research interest is in Environmental and Food Biotechnology, as she hopes to positively impact on man and his environment. She is happily married to Engr Iheanyichukwu Nwachukwu and the marriage is blessed with five lovely children.
- PhD Biotechnology(2016 – till date),
- M.Sc. Biotechnology(2016),
- B.Tech. Biotechnology (2008)
- Award of outstanding Academic Adviser: 2019.
- Certificate of recognition by Omics International, USA: 2016.
- Award of University “Ada Mbaise”: 2004.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Biotechnology Society of Nigeria (BSN)- Assistant Secretary, S/E Zone.
- Foundation for African Development through International Biotechnology (FADIB)
- Organization of Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSDW)
Courses assigned to teach:
BTC 201 (Introduction to Biotechnology I), BTC 305 (Introduction to Biotechnology II), BTC 306 (Methods in recombinant DNA technology II), BTC 409 (Environmental Biotechnology), BTC 413 (Microbial Physiology and Metabolism), BTC 504 (Genetic Engineering), BTC 518 (Food Biotechnology), BTC 505 (Seminar in Biotechnology) and BTC 507 & BTC 508 (Research project Biotechnology I & II).
- NYSC – Classroom Teacher(2008)
- FUTO – Lecturer (2011 – to date)
Environmental and Food Biotechnology
List of peer-reviewed Publications
- Nwachukwu, Augusta Añuli., Ogbulie, Toochukwu Ekwutosi., Nwachukwu, Chibuike Udodi., Evans-Kemka, Catherine Ijeoma and Onyekachi, Vivian Chisom. (2020). Proximate, Phytochemical And Selected Mineral Content Evaluation Of Acanthus Montanus Leaf. Accepted for publication in Asian Journal of Biotechnology and Bioresource Technology. (AJB2T 57332).
- Reuben Chinedu Agu., Chinyere Osondu-Anyanwu and Augusta A. Nwachukwu. (2018) Isolation and Identification of Microorganisms associated with Automated Teller Machines in Calabar Metropolis. Journal of Advances in Biology and Biotechnology, 18(3): 1-7.
- Tochukwu Ezechi Ebe., Roseline Feechi Njoku- Tony., Ihejirika, C.E., Emereibeole, E.I., Nicholas Chima Ndukwu., Mgbemena, C.I and Augusta Anuli Nwachukwu. (2018). Effect of Anthropogenic Activities of Surface and Ground Water in Ogwuama Community of Ahiazu, Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Medical Imaging, 5(3):27-33.
- Ogbulie, T. E., Anuforo, H. U., Akujobi, C. O., Nwachukwu, A. A and Okika, W. O(2017). Potential exoelectrogenic bacteria species isolated from piggery wastewater used in the generation of bioelectricity and wastewater treatment. Analele Universităţii din Oradea, Fascicula Biologie, 24(1): 30-39.
- Udensi, J.U., Nwachukwu, A.A., Awurum, I.N., Ugochukwu, G.N. and Duru, C.C. (2017). Sediment Quality of Nworie River bed in Owerri Metropolis, Imo State. International Journal of Environmental Health and Human Development, 16(2).
- Udensi, J.U., Nwachukwu, A.A., Awurum, I.N., Ugochukwu, G. N. and Duru, C.C.(2017). Microbial Composition and Heavy Metals Concentration of Canned and Frozen Fishes Sold in Owerri Metropolis Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Environmental Health and Human Development, 16(2).
- Mgbemena, I.C., Allison, L.N., Udensi, J.U., Nweke, K.E., Nwachukwu, A.A. and Ezea, C.O.(2016). Screening of ethanol extract of Combretum racemosum and Euphorbia hirta leaves for possible activity on Trypanosome brucei brucei –infected mice. Scholars Academic Journal of Biosciences (SAJB). 4(9):725-731.
- Mgbemena, I.C., Ezea, C.O., Ebe, T.E., Udensi, J.U., Nwachukwu, A.A., Nzenwa, D.C. and Nwanna, A.L.(2016). Asymptomatic malaria among students of Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. Issues on Biological Sciences and Pharmaceutical Research, 4(6): 50-57.
- Ogbulie, T.E., Nwanebu, F.C. and Nwachukwu, A.A.(2014). Assessment of the total petroleum hydrocarbon content of agricultural soil polluted with different volumes of crude oil, during plant-microbe interaction. Anals of West University of Timisoara, ser Biology, 17(1): 13-24.
- Okereke, J.N., Ogidi, O.I. and Nwachukwu, A.A. (2014). Environmental challenges associated with spillage and gas flaring; A Review. International Journal of Environmental Health and Human Development, 15(2): 1-11.
- Okereke, J.N., Nwachukwu, A.A., Ukaoma, A.A and Udeaja, A.I.(2014). Evaluation of heavy metals in soils and fertilizers commonly applied on agricultural lands in Idemili, Anambra State, Nigeria International Journal of Environmental Health and Human Development, 15(2):12-17.
- Udensi, J.U., Nwigwe, H.C., Okechi, R.N., Ihejirika, C.E., Johnson, C.F., Nwachukwu, A.A., and Anuforo, H.U. (2014). Heavy metals concentration dynamics following the dredging of Nworie River in Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research, 2(5): 1-3.