Assistant Lecturer, Department of Biotechnology
Nkenna C. Ahumibe
List of Academic & Professional Qualifications with dates
- BSc. Microbiology – 2005
- MSc. Microbiology – 2017
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member, American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Member, Foundation for African Development through International Biotechnology (FADIB)
- Member, Nigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM)
- Member, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD)
Course code and Courses assigned:
- BTC 405-Agricultural Biotechnology
- BTC 407-Comparative Virology
- BTC 413- Physiology and Metabolism of Microorganisms
- BTC 514- Seed Plants
- BTC 308- General Ecology and Diversity
- Federal University of Technology Owerri – 2011 till date
Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology
List of peer-reviewed Publications
- Duru, C. N., Okechi, R. N., Ukagwu, N., Ibe, I. J. & Ahumibe, N. C. (2012). Bacteriological quality of municipal borehole waters in Imo State, Nigeria. Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences, 2(11): 18-22.
- Okereke, J. N., Obasi, K. O., Udensi, J. U. & Ahumibe, N. C. (2013). Studies on the effects of Burnt Naira Ash on soil properties. Natural Products Research Bulletin, 1(2):034-040.
- Okereke, J. N., Nnoli, M. C., Okereke, C. B. N. & Ahumibe, N. C. (2013). The efficiency of Water-Purifying devices used in home and industries. Journal of Research in Ecology, 2(2): 108-114.
- Nweke, C. O., Ahumibe, N. C. & Orji, J. C. (2014). Toxicity of binary mixtures of formulated Glyphosate and Phenols to Rhizobium species dehydrogenase Activity. Journal of Microbiology Research, 4(4): 161-169
- Nweke, C. O., Orji, J. C. & Ahumibe, N. C. (2015). Prediction of Phenolic compounds and formulated Glyphosate toxicity in binary mixtures using Rhizobium species dehydrogenase activity. Advances in life sciences. 5(2): 27-38
- Ogwunga, C. C., Ahumibe, N. C., Ogwunga, J. N. and Iwunze, F. N. (2019). Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices towards Malaria prevention among pregnant women attending Federal Medical Centre Owerri. International Journal for Research & Development in Technology, 12(2): 73-85.
- Anyadoh-Nwadike Sylvia O., Ahumibe, Nkenna C., Manunyewor Donatus J., Ilo Cajetan E. (2019). Phytochemical and Antifungal properties of Chromolaena odorata (Siam weed) Leaves. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 6(10): 18-23
- Chukwunonyerem C. Ogwunga, Sylvia O. Anyadoh-Nwadike, Nkenna C. Ahumibe and Iwunze, Emmanuel U. Nwakwasi (2020). Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices towards Malaria prevention among pregnant women attending Federal Medical Centre Owerri. Journal of community health, DOI 10.1007/s10900-020-00892-y.