Assistant Lecturer, Microbiology Department
Mr Samuel A. Adeleye
Samuel is an example of a scholar who is living a balanced life. He graduated as the Best student in the School of Sciences of the Federal University of Technology Owerri with First-Class honours in 2013. He proceeded to Obtain a Master’s degree in Food and Industrial Microbiology and graduated with a 5.0/5.0 CGPA. Currently, he is undergoing his PhD research in the United States specializing I Microbiology and Molecular Genetics. He is married to his beautiful and ever-supportive wife, Stephanie.
- 2019-till date. – Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- PhD in View, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
- 2016-2018 – Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria
- M.Sc. Food and Industrial Microbiology CGPA=5.0/5.0
- 2008-2013 – Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria
- First-class Honours, Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree in Microbiology. CGPA=4.76/5.00
- 1999-2005 – High School Leaving Certificate.
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination- WASSCE
- Over 6 Credits obtained at Ordinary Level.
- PhD Fellow 2019/2020, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New-Brunswick, New Jersey
- Molecular Biosciences Excellence Award 2019/2020, Rutgers University, United States
- Commonwealth Scholarship Award 2018, Glasgow-Caledonian University, UK (Declined)
- Dean of School of Sciences (SOSC) award for the best graduating student in the school of sciences, Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO), 2013.
- Mrs Margret Nwaiwu award for the best graduating student in the Department of Microbiology (FUTO), 2013.
- National Association of Microbiology Students (NAMS) award for the Best 300 Level students, Department of Microbiology, FUTO, 2011.
- First Prize Winner, inter-departmental debate, FUTO, 2011.
- Federal Government Scholarship Award, 2010 (Ref UG/10/006).
- Nigerian Association of Science Students (NASS) award for the Second Prize Winner, inter-departmental quiz, FUTO, 2010
- National Association of Idanre Students (NAIS) award for the Best student of Idanre, Ondo State, 2004/2005
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Nigerian Society of Microbiologists
- American Society for Microbiologists
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Environmental Health Scientists Association of Nigeria
- 10/2019-To date: Assistant Lecturer, The Department of Microbiology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- 04/2018-10/2019: Graduate Assistant, The Department of Microbiology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- 08/2015-04/2018: Research assistant at Anthony van Leuwenhoek Research centre, Nekede, Imo State, Nigeria- Lead Laboratory technologist and field analyst of Food, Environmental and Medical samples.
- 08/2014-2015: NYSC at Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB), FCT, Abuja- joined an EIA team under the Environmental Monitoring Division. Participated in EIA, EA, Pollution monitoring and implementation of biogas technology in the FCT.
- 10/2012-11/2012: Integration on the EU research project on Peatlands and Climate relevant Gases, Hochschule Weihenstpahaner-triesdorf (University of applied sciences), FH Freising chair of vegetative ecology, Weihenstephaner Berg 4, Germany.
- Microbial Genetics
- Applied Microbiology
- Microbial Physiology and Metabolism