Lecturer II, Microbiology Department
Mrs Blessing C. Nwaneri
Nwaneri, Chioma. B. is a Lecturer in Microbiology Department, Federal University of Technology Owerri. She holds B.Sc. Microbiology (ABSU), M.Sc. Environmental Microbiology (ABSU) and PhD in- view (FUTO). Her area of specialization is Environmental Microbiology and her research interest is on Waste Management and Renewable Energy Production. She is currently working on the use of Agrowastes in the production of Biogas.
- PhD Environmental Microbiology (FUTO) – In-View
- M.Sc. Environmental Microbiology (ABSU) – 2011
- B.Sc. Microbiology (ABSU) – 1997
- MEMBER – Nigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM)
- MEMBER – Foundation for African Development through International Biotechnology (FADIB).
- MEMBER – Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD).
Courses Assigned to teach:
- MCB 301,
- MCB 305,
- MCB 407,
- MCB 503,
- MCB 515,
- MCB 302,
- MCB 310,
- MCB 504,
- MCB 512.
Area of specialization: Environmental Microbiology
Research interest: Waste Management and Renewable Energy Production.
- *Agwaranze, D.I, Ogodo, A.C, Ezeonu, C.S., Brown, S.T.C, Nwaneri, C.B. and Husie, L.M. (2020).Microbiological Assessment of Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality in a General Hospital in North-East Nigeria. Research Journal of Microbiology 15(1): 9-14.
- *Ogodo .A.C, Agwaranze, .D.I, Aliba, N.V, Kalu, C.K, and Nwaneri, C.B. (2019).Fermentation by Lactic Acid Bacteria Consortium and its Effect on Anti-nutritional Factors in Maize Flour. Journal of Biological Sciences 19: 17-23.
- *Agwaranze, D.I, Nwaugo, V.O, Ogodo, .A.C, Onudibia, M.E, Nwaneri, C.B, and Aliba, .N.V (2018).Effects of cassava mill effluent (CME) on bacteria diversity of soil and aquatic environments in south-south Nigeria. Open Access Journal of Science 2(4): 238-242.
- *Ogodo, A.C, Agwaranze, D.I, Nwaneri, C.B, Yakubu, M.N, and Hussaini, Z.J (2018). Comparative Study on the Bacteriological Quality of Kunun-Aya Sold in Wukari, Nigeria. International Journal of Research Studies in Microbiology and Biotechnology 4(1):23-29.
- *Opurum, C.C, Nwanyanwu, C.E, Nwaneri, C.B and Mbachu, I.A.C. (2017). Biosurfactant Production by Pseudomonas species using Pre-treated Palm Oil Mill Effluent as Fermentation Medium. FUTO Journal Series (FUTOJNLS) 3(2): 149-160.
- *Ogodo, A.C, Agwaranze, D.I, Nwaneri, C.B, Okoronkwo, U.C, and Ekeleme, U.G. (2017). The activity of Leave and Stem Bark Cuttings of Ocimum gratissimum Extracts on Foodborne Pathogens. AASCIT Journal of Bioscience 3(2):5-11.
- *Ogodo, A.C, Nwaneri, C.B, Agwaranze, D.I, Inetianbor, J.E, and Okoronkwo, C.U. (2017). Antimycotic and Antibacterial Activity of Aframomum melegueta Seed Extracts Against Bacteria and Fungi Species from Food Sources. Central African Journal of Public Health 3(4):44-50
- Agwaranze, D. I., Ogodo, A. C., Nwaneri, C.B., and Agyo, P. (2017).Bacteriological Examination of Well Water in Wukari, Nigeria. International Journal of Scientific Research in Environmental Sciences 5(2): 0042-0046.
- Nwaneri, C. B., Onyeagba, R. A., Nwaugo, V. O., and Amadi, E. S. (2017).Effects of Snail Farming on Soil Microbial Spectrum and Physicochemical Properties. Nigerian Journal of Microbiology 31(1): 3709-3712.
- Nwaneri, C.B., Ogbulie, J.N. and Chiegboka, N.A. (2017).The Microbiology and Biochemistry of Treculia African (African Breadfruit) Fermentation. Nigerian Journal of Microbiology 31(1): 3704-3708.
- Uzoechi, A. U., Maduwuba, M. C., Ohalete, C. N. and Nwaneri, C. B. (2016). Potentiation of Indigenous Plant Extract with Vinegar and Olive Oil for Pathogens of Skin Associated Diseases. Nigerian Journal of Microbiology 30(2): 3424-3434.