Arc. Goodluck C. Ike
Goodluck Chukwuemeka Ike was born into Ike’s family of Prof. Sir. & Lady G. A. Ike of Umuduruofor, Umunkwo autonomous community in Isiala Mbano LGA of Imo State. He is a devote Christian of an Anglican denomination whose activities in the church cannot be overemphasized. He is the second son and the third child out of the seven children of his parents. He started his early education from AICE staff Primary School and then proceeded to the prestigious Government Secondary School Owerri in the year 1991 – 96. He proceeded to Imo State University, Owerri in the year 1999 where he bagged B.Sc and M.Sc Degree Certificates in Architecture in 2003 and 2005 respectively and currently a PhD student at Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Uli campus, Anambra State.
He has held several positions of trust such as Chairman Harvest committee 2017 till date and member church building committee both in his home church. With a very vast knowledge in the building industry both in the field of practice and teaching, Arc Ike is currently an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Architecture, Federal University of Technology Owerri. He is happily married with a set of twin.
- M.Sc. Architecture 2005
- B.Sc. Architecture 2003
- S.S.C.E 1996
- F.S.L.C 1990
- Associate Member Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA),
- Provisional Member Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON)
Courses Assigned to Teach
- ARC. 311 Architectural Design III
- ARC. 241 Building Components and Method I
- ARC. 315 Architectural Working Drawing
- Assistant Lecturer, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State. 2019 – to date.
- Architect Grade II, Ministry Of Housing And Urban Development Owerri – 2010-2011.
- Project Architect, MEK Builders Nigeria Limited, Owerri. 2008 – 2010.
- NYSC, Jenkwe Development Area Council, Nasarawa State. 2006 – 2007.
Well-being and Sustainable Architecture.
Chukwuma-Uchegbu, Miriam I., Okereke, Chigozie. J, Ekpo, Emma S.J & Ike, Goodluck(2020).The design approach to combating the spate of post-occupancy modifications of public housing estates in Owerri metropolis. Paper presented at AARCHES Conference March 2020, University of Ilorin.