Assistant Lecturer, Cyber Security Department
Engr. Toochi C. Ewunonu
EWUNONU TOOCHI C. is a native of Mbutu Mbaise, Imo state. He is currently pursuing a PhD program in Communication Engineering in the Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. He has a Masters’ degree (M. Eng) in Communication Engineering, from the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Federal University of Technology (FUTO) Owerri, and obtained a bachelors’ degree (B.Eng) in Electrical Engineering from the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He has also a professional diploma in Education (PDE) from the Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri and has been duly registered by the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria TRCN, as a certified teacher.
TC, as popularly called is a registered Engineer with the Council for the regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), a member of Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) and Institute of Electrical/Electronic Engineers (IEEE), and is competent in Computer Fundamentals, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Auto CAD Engineering/System Design. He is also a QA/QC Engineer experienced in VSAT field engineering, Wireless radio technology, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Electrical Power supply/distribution system and has obtained the General/Advanced Safety training (HSE Competence Course Level 3) from the Nigeria Institute of safety professionals, NISP.
Furthermore, he has been trained in Effective Classroom Management, Teaching Skills, Lesson Planning/Presentation in the 21st Century Classroom, Active Learning Strategies &4Cs and has written and published several papers, articles in Magazines, Conferences, International journals, Federal radio stations and a book to his credit.
- 2017 – Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri [Professional Diploma in Education (PGDE)]
- 2015 – Federal University of Technology, Owerri (M. Eng. Communication Engineering)
- 2010 – Sutech Computer Institute, Owerri (Dip. AUTOCAD Design)
- 2009 – Contractor Employee HSE Certificate, Level 3. Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP)
- 2007 – University of Nigeria, Nsukka. B. Eng. Electrical Engineering (Second Class lower)
- 1999 – Comprehensive Secondary School Ubomiri (WASSC)
- 2019 – Council for the Registration of Engineering in Nigeria (R53397)
- 2017 – Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (IM/R/04077)
- I7th November 2019– Award of Excellent services by the Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of Eha- Amufu, Enugu state.
- 21st July,2019-Nehemiah Award of Honour by the Anglican Youth Fellowship(AYF)of St Mark Ang Church, Idem Ogwa, Owerri.
- 11th September,2016-Award of Honour by the Boys and Girls Brigade, 3RD UBC COMPANY, Owerri
- 30th March 2014- Award of Excellence by the Women’s Ministry of St Luke’s Ang. Church Akwakuma Owerri
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Council for the regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN),
- Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE)
- Institute of Electrical/Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria(TRCN)
- Nigeria Institute of safety professionals, NISP
Courses Assigned to Teach
- CSC 411- Computer Applications in Operational Research
- CSC 507- Network and Data Administration
- AUSTINO ELECTRICALS LTD (# Egwunwoke lane, Orlu road Akwakuma, Owerri) March 2015 – – QA/QC ELECTRICAL SUPERVISOR
- Electrical design and installation of buildings, Maintenance of Electrical Machines, Pumps and Motors, LV/HV Distribution systems, Rural Electrification project, Erection of LV concrete poles, fixing of Accessories and preparation of bill of Quantities.
- NIGERIAN COMMUNICATION SATELLITE LTD (NIGCOMSAT) Obasanjo Space Center Lugbe Abuja – June 2010- July 2011- CTC ASSISTANT
- Operations of the Outdoor/indoor unit of Very Small Aperture Terminal System (VSAT)
- TETRAUSLER ENGR. NIGERIA LTD. #61 Estate junction Woji, Portharcourt, – March 2009- March 2010 – HSE OFFICER
- Cabling of HV/LV Cables, tank Ladder Lighting/improvement of Crude tanks earthing system, SHOC analysis and Good housekeeping.
- NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS, NYSC (Department of works, Wamba L.G.A. Nasarawa State) – March 2007- March 2008. QA/QC ELECTRICAL ENGINEER.
- Installation/commissioning of LV switchboards, 500kva transformers, erection of HV and LV concrete poles, Generator Maintenance, deep well earthing, switch gears, feeder pillars. Etc
Communication Engineering, Embedded based intrusion/security detection systems, Energy management and conservation in wireless sensor networks and internet of things (IoT) clustered employment in mission-critical systems.
- Hybrid Energy Management Technique: A paradigm shift to Energy conservation in Wireless Sensor Networks (2020). International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, IJERT.Vol.9, Issue 01, January 2020.
- (12th-15th November 2019) Ist National Conference on Engineering and Technology, Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri. Improving Engineering /Technology Education in a Developing Economy using Spaced Learning
- (12th-15th September 2019) Ist International Conference on Engineering and Technology, Imo State University, Owerri. Improving Engineering /Technology Education in a Developing Economy using Active Learning Strategies
- (12th– 15th November 2018) 2nd International Conference, Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri. Nigeria. Social implications of wireless network technology for sustainable Development and Cohesion
- (13th -14th August 2018). Faculty of Engineering International conference, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Nigeria
- An Intrusion Detection System with Multimedia Reporting
- Sustainable Development in Sub-Saharan Africa through the Energy Revolution
- View Points on Radio Nigeria, 100.5 Heartland FM Owerri
- Girl child education: a key to national transformation
- Prevention of industrial accidents, a panacea for poor efficiency and low productivity in our workplaces
- Active learning strategies, a panacea for the low academic performance of slow learners
- The effects of dropout syndrome on our nation
- Curbing the menace of Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria
- Possible ways of curbing indecent dressing among youths
- A disciplined youth is a pride to his nation
- Curbing increasing cases of Exam Malpractice in Nigeria
- Contributions of Religion to National Development
- The need for Effective Guidance and Counseling in our schools
- Effective Supervision, a Panacea for low Academic Performance in our Schools
- Accreditation of Programmes and its Relevance in the Nigeria Educational System
- Nigerian youths in a democratically elected society
- Harnessing the youths as Trustees of our posterity
- Ways of curbing the increasing cases of truancy in our schools
- Embedded system Based Security Gadget (2016). Heartland Magazine: A Publication of the Association of professional women Engineers of Nigeria (APWEN).Vol. 2. August 2016
- Pacesetter Magazine (Editorial Leader) A publication of Boys’& Girls’ Brigade 46th Imo Company, Owerri, Nigeria. Maiden Edition, Vol. 1. October 2015.
- A Microcontroller based Intrusion Detection System, (2014). International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, IJERA.Vol.4, Issue 11, November 2014.
- Chemistry at a Glance and the World of Atoms (2012) Supreme Publishers’ ltd. Owerri
- Chicken Incubators, (2006) A Project written in partial fulfilment for the award of B. ENG. Department of Electrical Engineering, UNN
- Electrical Installation and Design of a three-storey building with Eight blocks of flat (2005). A seminar paper presented to the Department of Electrical Engineering, UNN