Reader, Information Technology Department
Dr Mrs Udoka F. Eze
Dr. (Mrs.) U.F Eze, a Reader in the Department of Information Management Technology (I.M.T.), Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria, She served as the Head of the department of I.M.T. from June 2012 _ June 2016. She started her teaching career as a Graduate Assistant from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra state before joining FUTO. She obtained her B.Sc. degree in Computer Science in 1996, M.Sc. (Computer Science) in 2001 and PhD (Computer Science) in 2008 from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
Currently, Dr. (Mrs.) U.F. Eze is the Acting Director of University Computer Center, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. She has equally served as a Leader and Coordinator in various academic institutions and religious organizations. She has authored and co-coauthored two textbooks plus one in production. Dr. (Mrs.) U.F. Eze is happily married to an amiable husband, Engr. Eze Vigor Ikechukwu and loving children: Vivian Chinonye, Vincent-Vigor Chidiebere and Vitalis Ikechukwu Eze.
Academic Qualifications: BSc, MSc, PhD (Computer Science)
Professional Academic Awards/Honours
- First, Award of Honor as “STAR MOTHER” by St Michaels Catholic Women Organization in recognition of commitment to the work of God, Humanity and the Church (2012).
- Secondly, Merit Award as the “MOTHER OF THE DEPARTMENT”, Information Management Technology (IMT) Department, 2013.
- Thirdly, Award of Honor of “WOMAN OF DISTINCTION” by St Michaels Catholic Men Organization in recognition of distinctive qualities as a mother and contribution to the Church and Humanity (2015).
- Fourth, “AWARD OF EXCELLENCE” by National Association of Information Technology Students in recognition of sterling contribution to the growth of the Information Management Technology (IMT) Department, FUTO (2015).
- Fifth, Award of Honor as “GREAT WOMAN ACHIEVER” by Umuahia Dioceses Catholic Women Organization in (2018).
Courses Assigned to Teach
She handles the following courses:
Database Systems, Data Mining, Systems Analysis, MIS, Gender Issues, and Software Engineering.
Teaching and Professional Experience
Full-time Post Masters teaching in a University or at an equivalent level (with Dates, Employees, Post held): Thought PhD courses in FUTO; 2009/2010 Session till Date
- Computer-Link Training Centre, Onitsha (Industrial Training) 1994
- Symac Printing Design Ltd. (Desktop Publishing) Onitsha (I.T) 1995
Research Interest: Database Systems, Data Mining and Gender Issues.
COMPLETED RESEARCH PROJECTS AND CONSULTANCIES:
- Computerized Health-Care Information Management System.
- Automated Result Processing.
- Data Mining Model for Management of Data warehouse in Tertiary Institutions
CREATIVE ACTIVITIES (PUBLICATIONS):
(A) Journal Articles (Published Works)
- Eze, U.F. & Obiozor, R. N.(2005): Impact of computer in the social and economic growth of a nation. A journal of the Nigerian Library Association Vol. 2 (1, 2), 2005. pg 113-125
- Eze, U.F. OnyejegbU, L. N; Chikwendu, M.N (2006): Gender issues: The role of women in the development of science and technology. A Journal of Science and Technology Research, vol. 5, Number 1, 2006
- Onyejegbu, L.N; Chikwendu, M.N & Eze, U.F. (2006): Integrating Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the Nigerian development programme. A Journal of Research in Physical Sciences, vol. 2, Number 1, 2006. ISSN 1596 1052.
- Onyesolu, M.O; Eze, U.F. & Okonkwo, O. R (2006): Comparative analysis of single –path communication system and multi-path communication system using queuing theory approach. An African Journal of sciences. Vol 7, number 1, August (2006). Pg 1403-1408
- Onyesolu, M.O; Eze, U.F. & Okonkwo, O.R. (2006): Mobile telephone (GSM) communication explosion in Nigeria and customers satisfaction in mobile telephone industry – a study of some selected firms in Awka Metropolis. An African Journal of sciences. Vol 7, number 1, August (2006). Pg 1552-1558.
- Eze, U.F. & Osita E.(2006): Internet perception in a developing country: Nigeria as a case study. A journal of Environmental Studies and Research. Vol. 6 Number 1 May (2006)
- Eze, U.F.; Anigbogu, S.O. & Edebeatu Dom (2006): MIS: A managerial support to Decision-makers Executives and Experts. A journal of Environmental Studies and Research. September (2006) ISSN 1596-1052.
- Eze, U.F.; Anigbogu, S.O. & Edebeatu Dom (2007): ICT Research Process: A model for creativity and innovation in capacity building. A journal of Environmental Studies and Research. September (2007) ISSN 1596-1052.
- Umeh, M.N; Onyejegbu L.N. and Eze U.F. (2009); Merits and demerits of a computer-based voting system. A journal of Science; Engineering and Technology Vol. 16 number 1 March 2009. ISSN 1117 – 4196, pg 8661 -8668.
- Eze U.F, Osuagwu O.E and Onyesolu M. (2008); Data warehouse: A data mining backbone for adequate decision making to promote organizational growth and stability. A journal of Environmental Studies and Research Vol. 8 number 1 September 2008. ISSN 1596 – 1052
- Osita E.G.; Eze U.F. and Ezeani M.I (2009); Biometrics Technique: A veritable tool for information security – A review. A journal of applied sciences vol. 12 number 3, October 2009
- Eze U.F. and Onyesolu M.(2009); Database creation and maintenance: Rudiment for better organizational Information System (IS) management. A journal of Environmental Studies and Research Vol. 8 number 1 September 2009. ISSN 1596 – 1052
- Anigbogu S.O., Eze U.F. and Anigbogu Gloria (2009); Cyber Crime and Security: Implication for managing current global changes in Nigeria. Electroscope: An international journal of Electrical and Telecommunication Systems Research. Vol. 3 number 3, July 2009.
- Osuagwu O. E.+, Nworuh Godwin+, Asiegbu B., Uwaleke Amaobi+, Olanapo F.++, Eze Udoka+(2010); Enhancing security of Nigerian State Through Electronic Roadside Vehicle Identification System
- Chapter In A Book: Onyesolu, M.O. and Eze, F.U. (2011). Understanding Virtual Reality Technology: Advances and Applications, in Schmidt, M. (ed.) Advances in Computer Science and Engineering, Rijeka, Croatia: Open Access Publishers, ISBN 978-953-307-173-2.
- Otuonye A.I, Eze U.F., Nwokonkwo O.C. (2011); Framework for Mobile Application Development Using J2ME and UML. International Journal of Empirical Research and Sustainable Development (IIERSD). Vol. 3 2011
- U.F. Eze, G. N. Okudo, Nwakanma Ifeanyi (2011); Review of the potential application of GIS and Weather Forecasting to challenge climatic Hazards in Developing countries: Nigeria as a case study. International Journal of Development Digest (2011)
- Ekruyota O.G, U.F. Eze, (2012) Role of Computer Software in a cashless economy” Pan-African Journal Series (2012). Pan-African Book C, JIMST, Medina Accra, Ghana.
- U.F. Eze, G. N. Okudo, E. C. Amadi (2012); Contemporary approach to the enhanced road transport system in Nigeria through the application of IT-based (Online) bus ticketing and payment system. International Journal of Sustainable Development and World Policy. Asian Economic and Social Sciences Publishers.
- U.F. Eze, G. N. Okudo, Paschal Chinedu(2012) Application of Contemporary Search And Optimization Methods to Discover Best Model for Achieving Score Function Goals. British Journal of Science (2012). 4(1). P(72 -87) © British Journals. ISSN 2047 3745
- U.F. Eze (2013) Enhanced Digital Library System that supports sustainable knowledge: A focus on university library system in Nigeria. An international journal of development on management review. (INJODEMAR) Vol. 8
- U.F. Eze, G. N. Okudo, Anyiam Kizito, Etus Chukwuemeka (2013): Integrating ICT in rebranding Nigerian Youth for constructive empowerment and Mental Reengineering, IOSR Journal of Business and management e-ISSN;2278 487X.P-ISSN:2319-7668.Vol.11, Issue 2 (May – June 2013).PP21-35
- Osuagwu O.E, Okide S., Edebatu D. and Udoka F. Eze (2013) Low and expensive Bandwidth Remains Key Bottleneck Nigeria’s Internet Diffusion: A proposal for a Solution Model. West African Journal of Industrial and Academic Research. ISSN: 2276 -9129. June 30, 2013, Vol.7 No.1 pp15. www.wajiaredu.com
- Chinedu Pascal Uchenna, Nwankwo, Wilson, Eze, Udoka F (2013) Enterprise Cloud Adoption: Leveraging on the Business and Security Benefits. West African Journal of Industrial and Academic Research. ISSN: 2276 -9129. June 30, 2013 Vol.7 No. 1 pp. www.wajiaredu.com.
- Etebong B. Isong, U.F Eze (2013): Optimizing a 3G Cellular wireless Network Using Forward Error Correction. An International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research (IJSER) 2013, pp. 109785.
- Osuagwu O.E., Eze Udoka Felista, Edebatu D., Okide S., Ndigwe Chinwe, Uzoma John-Paul (2013): Emerging Technology and Internet of all Things: Implications for Nigeria’s Higher Education Curricular. West African Journal of Industrial and Academic Research. ISSN: 2276 -9129. September 2013 Vol.8 No. 1, pp 103. www.wajiaredu.com.
- Etebong B.Isong, U.F. Eze, K.J. Udo (2013) Modelling traffic in an established 3G Mobile Network. International Journal of Advancement in Research and Technology. Vol. 2, Issue 5, May 2013. Pp. (14 – 16).
- Osuagwu O.E., Okide S., Edebatu, Eze Udoka. F. (2013): Imperatives of 4G Telecommunications Technology for Internet Diffusion in Africa. MICROWAVE. International Journal of Science and Technology. ISSN: 1116-5391. June 30, 2013, Vol. 4 No 1, pp 12. www.mijstedu.com.
- U.F. Eze, A. Henri-Ukoha, I. Oluigbo (2014): Technology Entrepreneurship and Climate Support on Small Medium Enterprise in Nigeria; International Journal of Research in Information Technology, VOL.2, issue 6, June 2014, pg:597-613. www.ijrit.com. ISSN 2001-5569
- Nwakanma I.C., Asiegbu B.C., Eze U.F., Dibia O.A (2014): A Critical Appraisal of the Telecommunications Industry and Economic Growth in Nigeria. World Journal of Globalization and Technology Development, vol. 1 No. 1, February 2014, pp1-18: http:www.wigtd.com/
- U.F. Eze, I. Oluigbo (2014) The Relevance of Effective Database System For Efficient Office Management in the 21st Century Institutions. International Journal of Research in Information Technology, VOL.2, issue 6, June 2014, pg: 597-613. www.ijrit.com. ISSN 2001-5569
- U.F. Eze, O.S. Adeoye, C.R Ikemelu (2014): Industry-Wide Application of Data Mining; International Journal of Advanced Studies in Computer Science and Engineering. Vol. 3 Issue 2, 2014 http;/www.ijascse.com pp. 28 – 37.
- U. F. Eze, C. Etus, J.E.Uzukwu (2014); Database System Concepts, Implementation and Organization – A Detailed Survey; International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research (IJSER) ISSN (ONLINE) 2347 – 3878.Vol. 2 Issue 2, February 2014. http://www.ijser.in
- U.F. Eze (2014) Methodology and Systems Analysis of Data Mining Model for Successful Implementation of Data Warehouse in Tertiary Institutions International Journal of Asian Social Science.2014. 4(1): 1 -19. http:/www.aessweb.com/journals/5007. Asia.
- U.F. Eze, S. E. Etim (2014) A Pragmatic Virtual Library System for Universities Academic Enhancement in the Developing Country. International Journal of Information Technology and Business Management, vol. 1. 24 No 1. ISSN 2304 – 0777. www.jitbm.com. Pakistan.
- U.F. Eze, Igo Emmanuel, S. E. Etim (2014) Fuzzy Logic model for Traffic Congestion. IOSR Journal of Mobile Computing and Application (IOSR –JMCA), vol. 1 Issue 1, May – June 2014. PP 15 – 20.www.iosrjournals.org.India.
Books in main discipline and published by reputable publishers at the following levels:
- Computer Fundamentals: An Integrated Approach
- Computer Operation Made Easy: A Practical Approach