Lecturer I, Information Technology Department
Engr. Dr Nnanna Ekedebe
Nnanna Ekedebe is of the Department of Information Technology in the Federal University of Technology Owerri. He is a self-motivated achiever who possesses a strong work ethic and utilizes his knowledge and experiences in the service of humanity. He also possesses several qualifications, accomplishments, and experiences in many areas of Information Technology (IT) and beyond, some of which include: –
Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD, Master of Business Administration
Concentrations: Entrepreneurship, Accounting and Finance, Management
Towson University, Towson, MD
Doctor of Science in Information Technology
Dissertation Title: Towards Efficient and Secured Intelligent Transportation System (ITS)
Concentrations: Cyber-Physical Systems, Cybersecurity, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Smart Grid, Information Systems Security, Data Mining/Machine Learning, and Human-Computer Interaction
Bowie State University, Bowie, MD, Master of Science in Management Information Systems
Concentration: Information Systems Security
Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria, Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
Concentration: Computer, Communications, and Power Systems Engineering
Government Secondary School Owerri, Certificate: Senior School Certificate
Maryland Department of Transportation, Hanover, MD, Role: Data Analyst
Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
International Information Systems Certification Consortium (ISC)2
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP) Associate
Oracle Database Administration
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Web Analysis and Design
- Digital Technology in Society
- Computer Programming with C++, Python, and Java
- Information Technology for Business and
- Computers and Creativity
- Data Organization
- Enterprise Systems and Architecture and
- Ethical Concerns of Computer Scientists
- Database Design
- Operating Systems
- Introduction to Computing
- Analytical Decision-Making for Business and Management
His current research interests include, but are not limited to: cybersecurity, computer networks, big data analytics, cyber-physical systems, network security, computer forensics, computer security education, artificial intelligence, data mining, software engineering, healthcare information security, human-computer interaction, public policy and usable security, human interaction proofs, robotics, image processing, databases, social network analysis, enterprise architecture, geographic information systems (GIS), sensor networks, and cryptography, etc.
Referred Book Chapter
- Ekedebe, N., Song, H., Yu, W., Lu, C., & Wan, Y. (2015). Securing Transportation Cyber-physical Systems. To appear in Securing Cyber-Physical Systems. CRC Press. The USA.
Refereed Conference Presentations
- Ekedebe, N., Lu, C., Yu, W. (2015). Towards Experimental Evaluation of Intelligent Transportation System Safety and Traffic Efficiency. To appear in Proceedings of IEEE ICC 2015 Mobile and Wireless Networking Symposium. IEEE.
- Ekedebe, N., Yu, W., Lu, C., & Moulema, P. (2015, April). An Evaluation of the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Machine Learning algorithms in Realistic Traffic Pattern Prediction using Field Data. In SPIE Sensing Technology+ Applications. International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- Zheng, Y., Zhou, H., Chen, Z., & Ekedebe, N. (2014, June). Automated Analysis and Evaluation of SEC documents. In Computer and Information Science (ICIS), 2014 IEEE/ACIS 13th International Conference on (pp. 119-124). IEEE.
- Lazar, J., Feng, J., Brooks, T., Melamed, G., Wentz, B., Holman, J., & Ekedebe, N. (2012, May). The SoundsRight CAPTCHA: An Improved Approach to Audio Human Interaction Proofs for Blind Users. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 2267-2276). ACM.
Refereed Journal Publications
- Zhejiang Chen, Linqiang Ge, Guobin Xu, Wei Yu, Robert F. Erbacher, Hasan Cam, and Nnanna Ekedebe. “A Threat Monitoring System in Enterprise Networks with Smart Mobile Devices,” accepted to appear in International Journal of Security and Networks (IJSN) – Inderscience Publisher, 2015.
- Kumin, L., Lazar, J., Feng, J., Wentz, B., & Ekedebe, N. (2012). A Usability Evaluation of Workplace-related Tasks on a Multi-touch Tablet Computer by Adults with Down syndrome. Journal of Usability Studies, 7(4), 118-142.