Senior Lecturer, Information Technology Department
Engr. Dr Obi C. Nwokonkwo
Engr. Dr Obi .C. Nwokonkwo joined the Federal University of Technology in March 2003 as an Assistant Lecturer. He has risen to become a senior lecturer and the Ag Head of Department of Information Technology, School of Computing and Information Technology. His research interests are in the areas of IT Project Management, Data Communication and Computer Networks and Digital Design. Before he joined FUTO in 2003, Engr Dr Nwokonkwo had worked in the following Organizations: Executive Engineer I – Ministry of Public Utilities, Owerri, Senior Computer Maintenance Engineer, Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs, Department of National Civic Registration (DNCR), Owerri, and Maintenance Engineer Pamol Nigeria Limited (Dunlop group), Calabar. He contributed immensely to the smooth operation in the various places he worked. He has published several articles in both international and local journals. Engr Dr Nwokonkwo is a corporate Member of Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE), a corporate Member of Computer Professionals of Nigeria (MCPN) and a COREN Registered Engineer.
- System Analysis, Design & Evaluation
- Digital System Design
- To Computer Organisation
- Information Technology Project Management
- Distributed Systems & Data Communications
- Quantitative Business Techniques
Professional Memberships: MNSE, MCPN, R. ENGR.
- IT Project Management,
- Network security,
- Business Information Systems
- Electrical Electronic Engineering,
- Network administration
- Nwokonkwo O. C, Accessing Success Factors of Software Development Project in Nigeria: A Factor Analysis Approach, International Journal of Trend in Research and Development, Vol. 3(4), ISSN: 2394-9333. 399-408.
- Nwokonkwo O. C., Akpan E. O., Eheduru G. C., and Nwachukwu C. C, Analysing Determinants for Software Development Projects in Nigeria. International Journal of Science Technology Management and Research, Vol.1, Issue 8. 1-12.
- Oluigbo I. V., Asiegbu B. C., Eze G. N., and Nwokonkwo O. C. Group Membership Prediction of an Outsourced Software; Discriminant Function Analysis Approach. International Journal of Scientific Research in Multidisciplinary Studies (IJRMS), Vol.3, Issue 4. 12-18.
- Uwaleke A. M., Amadi E. C., and Nwokonkwo O. C. A Cost-Effective Image Steganography Application for Document Security. Science Publication Group. Management Science and Information Technology. 2, No. 2, 2017, 6-13.
- Nwakanma I. C., Ubani E. C., Asiegbu B. C., and Nwokonkwo O. C. Factors Affecting the Adoption of ICT in the Hospitality Industry in Imo State. International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol.11, Issue 4. 170-180.
- Nwokonkwo O. C., and Etus Chukwuemeka, Practical Manual Guide on Digital System Design (IMT403), Mariphlan Computekz, Owerri. 1-47.
- Nwakanma I C, Njoku C E, Oguzie, C J, Nwokonkwo O C., Njoku P P C, Factor influencing the involvement of women in Technology Programs in Nigerian Universities. A case study of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo state Nigeria. Interdisciplinary Journal of Gender and women development studies. 25-49.
- Anthony Otuonye I., Dr Nwokonkwo Obi C., Dr Eke Felix M. Overcoming Big Data Mining Challenges for Revolutionary Breakthroughs in Commerce and Industry. International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Engineering Volume 9, Issue 1, ISSN (Online): 2249–071X 42-48.
- Ahaiwe J., and Nwokonkwo O. C. Framework for Deploying Client/Server Distributed Database System for Effective Human Resource Information Management System in Imo State Civil Service of Nigeria. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Science, Vol.2 No.8. 165-175.
- Otuonye A. I., Nwakanma C. I., and Nwokonkwo O. C. An e-Governance Model for Imo State Nigeria. African Journal of the Trans-African University and Research Development Network (AJTURDN), Vol.1, No.1. 122-136.