Lecturer I, Information Technology Department
Engr. Ifeanyi C. Nwakanma
Engr. Cosmas Ifeanyi Nwakanma is a Lecturer 1 in the Department of Information Technology. He was formerly a Senior Banking Assistant in First Bank of Nigeria PLC (2006-2009) where he worked across departments such as Information Technology, Admin support, Computer-Based Accounts and Clearing as well as head of customer service. In 2009, he joined the Federal University of Technology Owerri as a graduate assistant due to his outstanding undergraduate results (4.40). He is also a research affiliate with the Centre for Entrepreneur Studies where he coaches the undergraduate students on Technology Entrepreneurship and Business Creation. He is a regular speaker in conferences and workshops. Since 2016, he has been regular as one of the resource persons for the Computer Professionals (Registration Council) of Nigeria in Owerri as an instructor. He is currently a PhD candidate working on real-time systems for image processing in military networks at Kumoh National Institute of Technology, South Korea. In 2018, he was one of the paper presenters at the 10th International Conference for Construction in the 21st Century which held at Colombo, Sri-Lanka. He is also a member of the Review Board of International Journal of Engineering Research Technology (www.ijert.org) as well as the Journal of Telecommunication Systems and Management. He has over 20 papers to his credit.
- National Diploma (Distinction) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- B.Eng. (Communication Engineering Technology)
- M.Sc. (Information Technology),
- MBA (Project Management Technology)
- PhD Candidate (Kumoh National Institute of Technology, South Korea)
PROFESSIONAL /ACADEMIC AWARDS AND HONOURS:
- Best Graduating Student, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri Nigeria.
- Federal Government scholar for B.Eng. ( 2002-2003)
- Study Fellowship award for MSc in Information Technology (2010-2012)
- Kumoh National Institute of Technology and Networked System laboratory Award for PhD in Information Technology Convergence Engineering. South Korea.
- 2015 Most Dedicated Lecturer award by the Department of Information Management Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri Imo State Nigeria
- The Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE) 40520
- Graduate Member of Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM) 87303
- Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) 37093
- Computer Professional Registration Council (CPN): 004293/2014
- Member, International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT).
- Member, International Research and Development Institute –Research and Development Network (14-01-23-10).
IT-Project Management, Information Systems Evaluation and Implementation, Communications and Networks Remote Sensing and Image Processing
TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- October 1, 2016: Lecturer II, 2016/2017 Academic Session
2016/2017 Academic Session, FUTO, lecturing the following courses: IMT 201 (Introduction to Information Technology), IMT 411(Remote Sensing Technology), IMT 303 (Introduction to Telecommunication Technology), IMT 202 (Data Structure and Algorithm), IMT 318 (Business Telecommunication), IMT 508 (Systems Evaluation and Implementation), ENS 301 (Entrepreneurship and Innovation) and ENS 302 (Business Creation and Growth).
- October 23, 2012 –September 30, 2016: Assistant Lecturer
2013/2014 – 2015/2016 Academic Session, FUTO, assisted in lecturing the following courses: IMT 411(Remote Sensing Technology), IMT 309 (Internet Technology), IMT 507 (Software Development), IMT 202 (Data Structure and Algorithm), IMT 318 (Business Telecommunication), IMT 508 (Systems Evaluation and Implementation), ENS 301 (Entrepreneurship and Innovation) and ENS 302 (Business Creation and Growth).
- July 31, 2006 –April 20, 2009: Banking Assistant and Senior Banking Assistant
First Bank of Nigeria PLC Owerri Imo State: Senior Banking Assistant (SBA) July 31, 2006, to April 20, 2009; Worked across various departments such as Cash, Accounts and Clearing, Clearing Representative to Owerri Clearinghouse of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Marketing, Administrative department, ATM deployment and finally Head of Customer Service unit. I rose from Banking Assistant to Senior Banking Assistant within eighteen (18) months of employment due to exceptional performance in cost cut strategy.
Supervision of about thirteen (38) undergraduate projects
- Research Affiliate, Centre for Entrepreneur Studies (CES), FUTO.
- Catechist: St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Chaplaincy, FUTO
Real-Time Communication and Networks for Military, IT-Project Management
Specialization: Real-Time Communications and Network, Image Processing and IT-Project Management
- Ogbonna A.C., Buliaminu Kareem, Nwakanma I.C., Amechi R and Ogbonna I.U. The Strategic View of Project Performance: “Delineating the Project Manager’s Professional Responsibility” Proceeding of the Second International Conference on Construction in Developing Countries ICCIDC-II (Cairo, Egypt). August 3-5, 2010. Accepted abstract on page 3 of the book of abstract, serial number 73, code NG 07. Published by NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi, Theme: Advancing and Integrating Construction Education, Research and Practice, August 2010, 1021-1028.
- Ogbonna A.C., Uwaleke A.M., Ogbonna I.U. and Nwakanma I.C. Network-Based Bill of Quantities (NetBOQ) Vs Conventional Bill of Quantities: A Comparative Evaluation, Proceeding of the Sixth International Conference on Construction in the 21st Century (CITC-VI), Kuala, Lumpur, Malaysia July 5-7, 2011. Paper 5. citcglobal.com. Theme: Construction Challenges in the New Decade. Organisers: East Carolina University, USA, Florida International University, USA and Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia, July 2011, 53-60.
- Nwakanma I.C.; Asiegbu B.C. and Amadi E.C. Quantitative Analysis of Factors affecting Teledensity Growth in Nigeria, Microwave International Journal of Science and Technology, Vol.3 No 1.ISSN:1116-5391, December 2012, 25-35. mijstedu.com
- Nwakanma I.C., Ogbonna A.C., Onwumere E.C. and Njoku P.C. Security Threats in Nigeria: Digital Image Processing as a Panacea, International Journal For Engineering Sciences and Research Technology, India. ijesrt.com. Volume 2 Issue 8, August 2013, 2153-2162.
- Nwakanma I.C, Asiegbu B.C. and Ogbonna A.C. and Njoku P.C. European Scientific Journal (ESJ). University of Azores, Portugal http://eujournal.org/index.php/esj/issue/view/97 Publisher: European Scientific Institute and index by Google Scholar: H5Index 31, September 2013, 128-137
- Nwakanma I., Oluigbo I. and Okpala I. Text- to- Speech Synthesis (TTS). International Journal of Research in Information Technology (ijrit.com) Volume 2, Issue 5, May 2014, 154-163.
- Nwakanma I.C., Ubani E.C, Asiegbu B.C and Nwokonkwo O.C. Factors Affecting the Adoption of ICT in the Hospitality Industry in Imo State. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. http://www.ijcsi.org/contents.php?volume=11&&issue=4. Volume 11, Issue 4, July 2014, 170-181.
- Nwakanma I.C., Etus C., Ajere I.U. and Agomuo U.G. Online Bus Ticket Reservation System. IIARD-International Journal of Computer Science and Statistics, Vol.1 No2, PP 1-17. iiardonline.org, June 2015, 1-17.
- Asiegbu B.C. Nwakanma I.C. and Etus C. Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Adoption and Diffusion Theory in selected banks in Owerri. University of Mauritius Research Journal, Volume 21, November 2015, 594-615.
- Ahakonye L.A.C., Eze U.F., Nwakanma I.C. User Perception Analysis of Medical Information Management System (Medistem). Journal of Information Technology and Software Engineering. Received September 05, 2017; Accepted September 22, 2017; Published September 28, 2017 Volume 7, Issue 4: 208 https://www.omicsonline.org/…/user-perception-analysis-of-medical-information-man… J Inform Tech Softw Eng 7: 208. DOI: 4172/2165-7866.1000208, September 2017, 208.
- Emejulu O.A., Nwakanma I.C. and Okpala I.U. Developing a Digital Language Mining Platform for Nigerian languages. Lagos Humboldt Kolleg in Digital Humanities (An International Conference in Digital Cultures and Digital Scholarship in Nigeria)-LHKDH_2017. Venue: University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria. Date: 14-18, November 2017. Supported by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation www.dhunilag.com/2017/07/27/lagos-humboldt-kolleg-in-digital-humanities-2017, November 2017, Abstract No 50 page 43.
- Nwakanma I.C., Udunwa A.I., Anyiam K.E. Ukwunna E.D., Obasi E.C. and Bubagha S.Z. Factors Influencing Telecommunication Subscribers’ Decision To Port Among Network Providers In Nigeria. American Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology, Volume 6, Issue 1:15. February 16, 2018. Under License of Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License http://www.imedpub.com/computer-science-and-information-technology/ Impact factor as January 2018: 0.39, February 2018, 1-11.
- Nwakanma I.C., Asiegbu B.C., Ogbonna A.C., Udunwa A.I and Nwokonkwo O.C. Broadband Telecommunication Deployment: A Supply-Side Analysis of Penetration Drivers in A Developing Country Case. Proceeding of the Tenth International Conference on Construction in the 21st Century (CITC-10) Colombo, Sri-Lanka July 2-4, 2018. Paper 54 citcglobal.com Hosted by East Carolina University U.S.A. Greenville, North Carolina USA, July 2018, 350-357.
- Ugwu M.C., Okpala I.U., Oham C.I. and Nwakanma I.C. A Tiered Blockchain Framework for Vehicular Forensics. International Journal of Network Security and its Application (IJNSA), Volume 10, No 5, September 2018, 25-34.