Lecture I, Information Technology Department
Mr Chukwuemeka Etus
Etus Chukwuemeka is a practical-oriented academic who began his teaching career as a Graduate Assistant on April 1, 2009, and upgraded to an Assistant Lecturer on March 4, 2010, upon completing his master’s degree. He progressed to the rank of Lecturer II on October 1, 2013, and by the time of this write-up, he has become Lecturer I, which he rose to on October 1, 2016. Etus, Chukwuemeka is currently running his PhD programme. His achievements include but not limited to students’ project supervision, journal publications (local and international), conference papers, contributions in practical manuals writing, and class teachings. His role includes teaching, class advising, lab coordination, and any other duties as may be assigned by IFT and SCIT FUTO.
PROFESSIONAL/ ACADEMIC AWARDS AND HONOURS
- M.Eng. in Computer Engineering (March 2010): Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- B.Eng. in Electronics and Computer Engineering Option (May 2005): Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- WASC: (1994) Ngwa High School Abayi, P. M. B. 7105, Aba.
- FSLC: (1988) Owerri Road Primary School Umuocham, Aba.
Professional Memberships: MCPN, MITP, MIEEE
Specialization: Electronics/Computer/Digital Systems
He teaches Principles of Telecommunication Technology, Internet Technology, IT in Business, Computer Organization and Architecture, Digital Systems Design, Social and Ethical Issues in IT, and Intelligence/Cybernetics Systems.
- The technician at PC Enterprises, 61 Royce Road, Owerri, Imo State, 1998 -2000.
- Industrial Attachment at J.Udeagbala Holdings Limited, km 2 PH-Enugu Road Abayi, Aba, January-March, 2004.
- NYSC Primary Assignment Government Day Secondary School Jikamshi in Musawa LGA of Katsina State, 2005 -2006.
- Lecturer at Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO), 2009 – Till Date.
- Participated in University, School and Departmental SIWES Orientations, 2012-2017.
- Participated in SIWES Field Supervisions of FUTO Students on Industrial Attachment, 2012 – 2017.
- Students Projects Supervision from 2010 – Till Date.
- Staff Adviser 1 for the National Association of Information Management Technology Students (NAITS), 2009-2012.
- Member Departmental, University and Inter-University Intellectual Property Exhibitions Team, 2010 – 2011.
- Class Adviser for 2009/2010 Class of IMT Students, 2010 – Till Date.
- SIWES Coordinator for IMT Department, 2012 – 2017.
- Chairman IMT Committee on Lab Manuals Production and Management, 2014 – Till Date.
- Secretary SMAT SIWES Coordinators Committee / Forum, 2015 – 2017.
- Secretary IMT Accreditation Central Working Committee, 2015.
- Member IMT Accreditation Central Working Committee, 2017.
- Christian Counselor, 2000 –Till Date.
- Christian Disciple, 2011 – Till Date.
- Church Deacon, 2016 –Till Date.
His research interests include but not limited to Digital Systems, Computer and Software Engineering.
- OPARA F. K. and Etus Chukwuemeka: Determination of IPV6 Protocol, Its Deployment and Efficiency in Computer Systems Networks in Nigeria, Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (JERD) Vol.2, No.3, 2007, pg. 85-96, Duncan Science Company, Calabar.
- K. Opara and C. Etus: Assessment of IPV4 Protocol Suite in Data Communication Networks in Nigeria, Nigerian Journal of Engineering Management (NJEM) Vol.9, No.1, 2008, pg. 50-60, Besade Publishing Press Ltd, Ondo.
- Etus C., Opara F. K. and Akinde O. K.: Analysis of Formal Protocol Test Models and Methods in WAP Network, The Heartland Engineer Vol.4, Number 2, 2009, pg. 13-33, Heartland Engineer Press.
- Akinde O. K., Opara F. K. and Etus C.: Blu Disc Technology: A Veritable Optical Medium for Secondary Data Storage (A Survey, Analysis and Application), The Heartland Engineer Vol.4, Number 2, 2009, pg. 34-56, Heartland Engineer Press.
- Chukwuemeka Etus and Felix K. Opara: AESS – A Technology for combating Security Challenges in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria, Proceedings of 1st International Conference of IEEE Nigeria, NIGERCON 2010, With Theme: Emerging and Sustainable Technologies for Power and ICT in a Developing Society, Vol.1, No.1, pg. 87-95, IEEE Nigeria Section.
- Chukwuemeka Etus and Felix K. Opara: Design and Implementation of an Automatic Examination Screening System (AESS), Advances in Science and Technology – An African Journal for Research, Innovation and Discovery, Vol.4, No.1 (March/April 2010), pg. 11-31, Greenfield Education Foundation, Owerri.
- Chidi Akujor, I. M. Mejeha, Oluwasogo A. Ogungbenro, Felix K. Opara, Etus, Genevieve Opara, Romanus Ugwoke, Gregory A Alozie, and O. F. Uzoh: Robust Information Technology Industry in Nigeria: A Catalyst for Sustainable Economic Development, Advances in Science and Technology – An African Journal for Research, Innovation and Discovery, Vol.4, No.2, 2011, pg. 148-158, Greenfield Education Foundation, Owerri.
- F. Eze, G. N. Okeudo, K. E. Anyiam, and Etus Chukwuemeka: Integrating ICT in Rebranding Nigerian Youths for Constructive Empowerment and Mental Reengineering, Journal of Business and Management, Vol.11, Issue 2, 2013, pg. 21-35.
- Udoka Felista Eze, Chukwuemeka Etus and Joy Ebere Uzukwu: Database System Concepts, Implementations and Organizations – A detailed Survey, International Journal of Science Engineering and Research (IJSER), Volume 2, Issue 2, February 2014, pg. 22-34.
- Amadi E.C., Ahaiwe, J., Etus C., and Akpabio N.: Deployment of ICT for Effective Transportation System in Nigeria: A Design Model of Nigerian Intelligent Transportation System, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 3, Issue 11, 2014, pg.24-32, Paper ID: OCT14429, Impact Factor (2012): 3.358.
- Timmy I. Akinnubi, Chukwuemeka Etus, and Ikenna Udunwa: Design and Implementation of an E-Office System, International Journal of Research in Management, Economics and Commerce (IJRMEC), Volume 3, Issue 12, December 2014, pg. 1-36.
- Nwakanma, I. C., Etus, C., Ajare, I. U., and Agomuo, U. G.: Online Bus Ticket Reservation System, IIARD-International Journal of Computer Science and Statistics, Vol.1 No2, June 2016, pg. 1-17. iiardonline.org.
- Amadi E. C. and Etus, C.: An Overview of Network Simulation Tools in Teaching Computer Network, International Journal of Research (IJR), Volume 2, Issue 11, November 2015, pg 479-485, e-ISSN: 2348, p-ISSN: 2348-795X.
- C. Asiegbu, I. C. Nwakanma, and C. Etus: Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Diffusion Theory in Selected Banks in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria, University of Mauritius Research Journal, November 2015. http://vcampus.uom.ac.mu/pvcacad/resjournal/index.php
- Harrison Obiora Amuji, Etus Chukwuemeka and Emeka Maxwell Ogbuagu: Optimal Classifiers for Fraud Detection in Telecommunication Industry, Open Journal of Optimization, 2019, Vol.8, Scientific Research Publishing Inc., Pg 15-31.
- Participated and presented a paper in the International Conference of the Nigerian section of International Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineering (IEEE) With this paper presentation: Chukwuemeka Etus and Felix Kelechi Opara, ”AESS –A Technology for Combating Security Challenges in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria” Proceedings of 1st International Conference of IEEE Nigeria, NIGERCON 2010, with the theme: Emerging and Sustainable Technologies for power and ICT in a developing society, Vol.1, No.1, IEEE Nigeria Section, Pg 87-95.
- International Conference on Entrepreneurship Development by School of Management Technology, held in June 2012, at Professor Celestine Onwuliri International Conference Center FUTO, Nigeria.
- Information Technology Assembly of the Computer Professionals (Registration Council of Nigeria) 2014 With Theme: Harnessing the Potentials of IT Professionals for National Development, held on June 18-19, 2014 At NICON Luxury Hotel, Abuja Nigeria.
- Third International Conference of the Center for Women, Gender and Development Studies with the theme: Gender, Development and the Environment, held Monday, 28th – Thursday, 31st July 2014 at 1000 Capacity Lecture Theatre, FUTO.
- National Grant Writing Workshop organized by Center for Research and International Development FUTO with Theme: Strategic Grant Writing – Preparing Academic Staff and Researchers on How to Write a Competitive Winning Grant Proposal, Held 8th – 10th October 2014 at 1000 Capacity Lecture Theatre FUTO, Nigeria.
- 1st International Conference by the Directorate of General Studies (DGS) the Federal University Of Technology, Owerri with the Theme: Three In Bed – Arts, Social Science and Technology; Held 13th – 16th September 2015 at Celestine Onwuliri International Center FUTO.
- 5th International Conference of the Center for Women, Gender and Development Studies with the theme: Gender and Sustainable Development Goals [SDGs]: Issues and Challenges, held Monday, 22nd – Thursday, 25th February 2016 at 1000 Capacity Lecture Theatre, FUTO.
- 2nd International Training Workshop of the Institute of Erosion Studies (IES), with the theme: Integrated Watershed Management – A Tool for Sustainable Climate Change, Flood and Erosion Control, held Monday, 13th– Wednesday, 15th February 2017 at the School of Physical Sciences (SOPS) New Lecture Theatre, FUTO.