Lecturer I, Information Technology Department
Mr Ikenna U. Ajere
Ajere Ikenna is of the Department of Information Technology in the Federal University of Technology Owerri. He obtained his Senior School Certificate at Abia State Senior Science School Ihie and holds Bachelors in Engineering Degree in Electrical Electronic Engineering (Communications Engineering option) from the Federal University of Technology Owerri and M.Sc. in Telecommunications Engineering (Network Pathway) from Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom.
He worked as a First Level IT Support Engineer/IT Service Analyst at Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Company (NLNG) Headquarters Bonny and as an IT Support Engineer at Eco Bank Limited Lagos.
His certifications include the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing & Switching, Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Java SE6 Program and ITIL Foundation (V3).
He has published several papers in diverse areas ranging from 5G networks to Internet of Things (IoT).
- Researched and simulated a more Realistic Mobility Model for Mobile Adhoc Networks using the existing mobility models as an M.sc Thesis in the Queen Mary University Of London.
- Achieved a score of 100% in Java Programming Examination.
- Part of the project team that oversaw the implementation of LAN infrastructure in over 150 new branches of Oceanic Bank nationwide
- Graduated from the university with a 2.1
- Graduated from Senior Secondary School with seven Alphas and two credits including alphas in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology
- The Best graduating student in Junior School Certificate Examination
- The Best graduating student in primary school (Distinction in First School Leaving Certificate Examination)
Professional Membership: NSE, COREN, IEEE
- Introduction to Information Technology (IFT 201),
- Data Communications and Networks (IFT 311),
- Systems Analysis Design and Evaluation (IFT 310),
- Principles of Telecommunications (IFT 303),
- Remote Sensing (IFT 411),
- Digital Systems Design (IFT 403),
- Database Systems Design Implementation and Management (IFT 503) and
- Social and Ethical Dimensions of Information Technology (IFT 504).
- VLAN Design, Development, Management and Troubleshooting.
- Cisco Router and Cisco Catalyst Switches Configurations and Troubleshooting.
- Routing Protocols (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP), Routed Protocols (IPv4, IPv6)
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and Ubuntu.
- MS Office 2003 / 2007 / 2010, Visio, VMware, GNS 3.0, Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Java SE
- Switch-port and Access List Security implementations (Standard and Extended).
- WAN Protocols; HDLC, PPP and Frame-Relay Network Configuration (Fundamentals)
- Structured LAN/UPS cabling, installation, maintenance and support
- Technical Writing and Management: Documentation, Technical Manual Development, Helpdesk Support, Budgeting and Departmental Coordination
- Customer Service, Presentation and ITIL V3 skills.
Federal University Of Technology Owerri – 08/2014 – Till Date
Assistant Lecturer – Information Management Technology
- Deliver Lectures on Computer Networks & Communications, Systems Analysis & Design, Digital Systems and Database Systems
- Course Advisor
- Invigilate Semester Examinations
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Head of Department
Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Company (NLNG) – 05/2014 – 07/2014
IT Support Engineer (First Line)/IT Service Analyst
- Receive, troubleshoot and resolve staff’s IT request.
- Log every received request on the Remedy Support tool
- Escalate unsolved requests to appropriate units
- Administrate, manage and maintain monitoring tools (AppManager and OPManager)
- Audit and update the configuration on devices on monitoring tools
- Monitor availability of IT Services and network links
- Keep track of IT Service and Link outage
- Produce fact-based reports for decision making
Heca Maison Limited – 04/2013 – 04/2014
Position: Project Coordinator
- Design, Installation and Maintenance of Enterprise Surveillance Systems
- Design, Installation and Maintenance of Enterprise LAN infrastructure
- Offering Security Training for clients/ Coordinating technicians on site.
- Following up on contact with prospective clients and identifying their needs
- Preparation of Service Level Agreement documents for clients
Computer Career Centre, London – 04/2011 – 02/2013
Position: Network Assistant
- VLAN Design / Management and Network Troubleshooting.
- Responsible for administration and troubleshooting Cisco ISR 2800 series routers and switches (2960 Series).
- Responsible for maintaining VLAN infrastructure and switch-port security policies.
- SDM and CLI for router configuration including basic and advanced firewall implementation.
- Assisting the design and implementation of clients’ network infrastructure and site survey.
- Responsible for network monitoring, assessments and documentation.
- Redistribution of routing protocols between non-proprietary protocols and Cisco EIGRP.
- Responsible for network topology design and view using Visio professional.
Oceanic Bank International Plc – 09/2006 – 09/2009
Position: IT Support Engineer
- Designing of LAN/UPS Infrastructures for over 200 New Branches and Existing Branches Nationwide
- Microwave Link Site Survey and Planning for Prestel Technologies (a subsidiary of Oceanic bank International Plc)
- Deployment of Windows XP operating system and profile on over 300 systems using System Image
- Plan, configuration, integration maintenance and support of LAN, file and print server configurations
- IT Assets Management and Documentation
- Liaise with Vendors for the Supply of Needed LAN & UPS Materials
- The first level of contact with all the vendors to ensure that faulty types of equipment are repaired promptly
- Posting of Assets and Expenses on SAP ERP application
Performance of wireless networks
- A Survey of Wireless Communication Technologies for IoT-Based Health Care Systems: African Journal of Computing and ICT.
- Conceptualizing IoT Architectural Framework for Smart Cities: 2017 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Electro-Technology for National Development Nigercon 2017
- Analysis of Factors Affecting Mobile Computing Adoption in the Nigerian Economy: Journal of Advanced Research in Commerce and Management Studies, Vol 2, Issue 1.
- Analysis of the Effect of Internet Social Networks on Societal Development: International Journal of Research and Development Organization Vol1 Issue1 Paper1.
- Online Bus Ticket Reservation System: IIARD-International Journal of Computer Science and Statistics, Vol.1 No2, PP 1-17. www.iiardonline.org.