Assistant Lecturer, Information Technology Department
Mr Ikenna V. Oluigbo
He joined FUTO as a Graduate Assistant in 2013, and he is currently an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Information Technology. He holds a Bachelor and a Masters Degree in Information Technology, with distinctions. He has many years of research experience, with interests centred on Data Science, Machine Learning Techniques, and Graph Analytics. As a result of his profound love for academic research, he was recognized by International Journal for Innovative Research in Science and Technology, and academia.edu as having contributed immensely to the body IT research. He has a strong passion for manipulating data sets; making sense out of the vast amount of structured or unstructured data, applying machine learning techniques to solving real-life problems; and carrying out data analysis using scientific tools and structured algorithms. He is currently studying for a PhD in the field of Computer Science at the University of Lyon.
- Over seven years as a computer professional including four years as an IT administrator, a researcher and an academic
- Productive self-starter with strong work ethics; consistently achieving goals
- Demonstrated ability as a proactive and unrelenting researcher
- Award-winning, detailed-focused, and result-oriented IT professional; with proven experience in Hardware/Software installation, Data Science and Big Data, Maintenance and troubleshooting, Networking, and effective knowledge-impartation experience.
- Dedicated, organized and self-directed team member, respected leader, with strong relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Academic community: Top 1% researchers in the field of Information Technology
PROFESSIONAL/ACADEMIC AWARDS AND HONOURS
- Certificate of Excellence – International Journal for Innovative Research in Science and Technology.
- Recognized by Academia.edu team as one of the top 1% of Researchers on 15th October 2015.
- Co-researcher for a TETFUND Academic Research Sponsorship on Software Development Outsourcing.
- Study Fellowship for Masters Degree programme.
- PTDF sponsored Scholarship for PhD studies in University of Lyon.
Professional Memberships: MIACSIT, MIAENG, MIRED, MICSSITE
- Computer Networks and Communications.
- Introduction to Computer Organization.
- Data Processing and Information Technology.
- Data Communication and Networks.
- Networks: Security, Internetworking, LAN, Configurations, Network Simulations, Network Administration, Information and Communication Technology
- IT Project Management: Understanding SDLC Methodology, Operations Research Methodology, Project delivery, Quantitative and Qualitative Research Analysis
- Webserver Administration: Directory service, Server manager, Server deployment
- Human Resources: HR management, Resource Allocation, Planning, Coordinating, Leading
- System Analysis: Data collection, Evaluation, Statistical Data Analysis, Proposing solutions and Decision Making Processes
- Data Science: Big Data Analytics, Data Mining, Internet of Things, Data Processing
- Hardware: Cisco router configuration, Mikrotik and TP-Link router, Computer system installation and troubleshooting, cabling, biometrics, IP camera, Network Printers
- Software/OS: Ubuntu Linux OS, Windows XP, 7,8; Windows Server 2008, Network Packet Tracer, GNS, Microsoft Office Suite, Document Manager, Dreamweaver, Windows Installation and Management, SPSS, R, AMOS, Hadoop*
- Networking: Internetworking, Network security, LAN, WAN, DNS, DHCP, Ethernet, IP Addressing, Routers, TCP/IP, Internet services.
- Programming: MySQL, HTML, CSS, PYTHON*
RESEARCH PROPOSAL ON “CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS FOR SOFTWARE OUTSOURCING IN NIGERIA” – 2014
- Dr B.C. Asiegbu (Department of IMT) – Principal Researcher
- Prof. S.M. Nzotta (Dept of FMT) & Mr Oluigbo I.V. (IMT) – Co-Researchers
TEACHING AND PROJECT SUPERVISION EXPERIENCE
Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
- Assistant Lecturer – Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria – 2016 till date
- Assisted in lecturing the following courses:
- Computer Networks and Communication (IMT 313)
- Introduction to Computer Organization (IMT 307)
- Data Processing and Information Technology (IMT 314)
- Data Communication and Networking (IMT 510)
- I participated In Student’s Seminar and Project Defence 2013-2016
- I participated in Computer Professionals (Registration Council of Nigeria) Student Membership Induction December 2014, and October 2015
- Supervision of Seventeen (17) Undergraduate Project Work Graduate Assistant – Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria – 2013 to 2016
- IT Administrator – Gwarzo Secondary School, Gwarzo, Kano State. – 2011-2012
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE IN INDUSTRY
Mandilas Enterprise Limited Lagos, Network Administrator – June-December 2009,
- I was tasked with ensuring the smooth operation of the file server, mail server and antivirus server of the organization. I also ensured that there was no downtime in the LAN and Internet network.
- Data Science and Analytics, Statistical Analysis.
- Machine Learning Techniques, Data Visualization.
- Graph Learning, Compression and Sampling.
- Big Data Analytics, Internet of Things, IT Models and Frameworks.
- Networks and Information Administration.
- Impact of Information Technology, Internet Technology.
Specialization: Data Science; Big Graph Analytics, compression and mining; Python Deep Learning; Machine Learning; Data Visualization; Statistical Data Analysis
- Hamida SEBA, Mohammed HADDAD, Nicolas PINSON and Ikenna OLUIGBO (2019) Algorithms for K-dominating Subtree Problem – Under review.
- Oluigbo I.V., Nwokonkwo O.C., Ezeh G.N., Ndukwe N.G. (2017) Revolutionizing the Healthcare Industry of Nigeria: The Role of Big Data Analytics and Internet of Things International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science and Engineering Volume 5, Issue 6, pg. 1-12.
- Oluigbo I.V., Asiegbu B.C., Ezeh G.N., Nwokonkwo O.C. (2017) Group Membership Prediction of an Outsourced Software Project: A Discriminant Function Analysis Approach International Journal of Scientific Research in Multidisciplinary Studies (IJSRMS) Volume 3, Issue 4, April 2017, pp. 12-18.
- Oluigbo I.V., Asiegbu B.C., Nzotta S.M., Ezeh G.N (2016) A Two-Step Clustering of Critical Success Factors for Software Development Outsourcing Peculiar to Selected Nigerian Sectors International Journal of Science Technology Management and Research (IJSTMR) Volume 1, Issue 6, September 2016, 1-10.
- Asiegbu B.C., Oluigbo I.V., Nzotta S.M. (2016) Modelling Determinants of Software Development Outsourcing for Nigeria International Journal for Modern Trends in Science and Technology (IJMTST) Volume 2, Issue 9, September 2016, 58-67.
- Amadi E.C, Oluigbo I.V, Roland J.O, Ujunwa A.L (2015) Analysis of the Benefits and Adoption Approach for CCTLD in Developing Countries International Journal of Research (IJR) Volume 2, Issue 10, October 2015, pg. 162-170.
- Nwakanma I.C, Oluigbo I.V and Okpala I. (2014) Text – To – Speech Synthesis (TTS) International Journal of Research in Information Technology Vol. 2 Issue 5 pg: 154-163.