Dr Ibeawuchi Chibueze Nze
- B.Tech., 2002, Transport(Maritime) Management Technology, FUTO
- M.Sc., 2008, Maritime Management Technology, FUTO
- PhD, 2014, Maritime Management Technology, FUTO
- Cert., 2009, Advanced Software Technology, CMC- TATA Academy, New Delhi
- Cert., 2014, Andragogy, Freight Forwarding & Supply-Chain Management, Multimix Academy, Lagos
- The World Bank, Science and Technology Post Basic (STEP B) Award for PhD research, 2010
Active membership of relevant professional body(ies) :
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME), USA.
- Institute of Transport Administration (IoTA), Nigeria.
- Council for the Regulation of Freight Forwarders in Nigeria (CRFFN), Nigeria.
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), Nigeria.
- Oil industrial services Port Harcourt (Industrial Training), 1999
- Remission Investment Ltd. Lagos (Industrial Training), 2001
- Real Services Ltd, Port Harcourt (Vacation Job), 2003
- Transport Unit, Owu-Isin LGA, Kwara State (National Youth Service), 2004
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (Lecturing), 2005 – Date
- Member, Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers(SNAME), 2008
- Chartered Member, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport(CILT), 2018
- Member, Institute of Transport Administration Nigeria(IoTA), 2013
- Member, Council for Regulation of Freight Forwarding in Nigeria(CRFFN), 2014
Technical technology reports:
The Cross River State Study Group on Sustainable Transportation, June 2015.
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Marine Logistics Officer, Real Services Ltd, Port Harcourt. IT. (Sept. 2004- Feb. 2005)
- Oil Industrial Services, Port Harcourt. IT (June – Sept. !999)
- Remission Investment Ltd, Lagos. IT (June- Nov. 2001)
- Ministry of Transport, Kwara State. NYSC (August 2003- August 2004).
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO). Lecturing (Febuary,2005- Date).
Conference and Learning Societies Activities
- NUC/ AAU Regional Capacity- Building Workshop on Quality Assurance, Abuja, Nov. 2008.
- Courses on Advanced Software Technology, M Academy, New Delhi India. Sept. – Nov. 2009.
- Conference on Entrepreneurial development, SMAT, FUTO, February 2013.
- CRFFN Training of Trainers Workshop, Multimix Academy, Lagos. January 2014.
- National Inland Water Authority (NIWA) International Conference and Exhibition, Lagos. August 2014.
- The Nigerian Universities Electronic Teaching and Learning Platform Workshop, Spectrum Engineering Ltd., ICT, FUTO. December 2015.
- World Maritime Technology Conference (WMTC) / Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME) International Maritime Convention. Rode Islands, USA. November 2015.
- Speed Networking Workshop, CRID FUTO. February 2016.
- CRID Workshop on Sustaining the University Research Enterprise- From Research Conceptualization, Incubation to Research Translation. CRID, FUTO. June 2016.
University Administration with dates:
- Academic/ Class Adviser MMT department. 2005- Date.
- Center for Continuing Education (CCE) Deputy Coordinator for MMT department. 2011- 2014.
- Center for Continuing Education (CCE) Coordinator for MMT department. 2014- 2015.
- Deputy PG Coordinator, MMT department. 2011- Date
- Centre for Human Resources Development (CHRID), Coordinator for MMT department. 2016- Date
- Center for Continuing Education (CCE) Coordinator for MMT department. 2017- Date.
Membership of the university/school committee in this university with dates:
- Member, the Departmental Committee on the re-absorption of 200 level students of MMT formally merged with TMT by NUC. November 2007.
- Chairman, Departmental Welfare committee. 2009- Date.
- Member, SMAT Board Electoral Committee for Deanship. 2015.
- Member, ASUU Electoral Committee. 2015.
- Dean (SMAT) Representative to the SEET Board of Studies. 2015- 2016.
- Dean (SMAT) Representative to SOPS Board of Studies. 2016- Date.
- Pioneer President, Amuzi Undergraduate Association. 2002- 2004.
- Secretary-General, St. Judes Parish Alter boys Association. 1992- 2001
- Secretary-General, Amuzi 95 Students Association. 2002- 2014.
- Director of Education, Trans Consulting Agency. 2004- Date.
- Member, Group delivering lectures for SWAN Imo State. 2006- 2011.
- Secretary General, Chimereze Age Grade, Okoro na Okazi, Amuzi. 1999- 2005.
- Member, Group delivering cultural lectures at Mbaise National Convention USA. November 2015.
- Member, Real Love Fellowship, St. Antoninus Catholic Parish Newark, NJ. The USA. 2015- Date.
- Human Systems Initiatives onboard vessels, Seafarers’ productivity, offshore waste management, marine automation and auxiliaries
- Seaport investment and Offshore logistics, Economic/Environmental Impact Assessment and Offshore waste management
- Optimization and Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) Techniques, Optimization of port operations/ Short Sea Shipping Cost and application of SEM to maritime operations
Primary Teaching Area
Maritime Management Technology
- C. Nze and G.N. Okeudo, International Transport Workers Federation and Seafarers Productivity. Journal of Research in National Development. Vol.2, No.2, June 2004.
- C. Nze and K.U. Nnadi, Economic Impact Assessment of Nigerian Ports: A Disaggregate Analysis, The Nigerian Journal of Energy and Environmental Economics, Vol.3/4, No.2/3, December 2009/June 2010.
- C.Nze and B.C.Asiegbu, Techniques for Optimization of Seaport Operation in Nigeria: A scenario for Emerging River Ports in Nigeria, IISTRD West African Journal of Industrial and Academic Research, Vol.6, No.1, March 2013.
- C. Nze and G.N. Okeudo, Empirical Evaluation of the Maritime Industry Contribution to the Nigerian Economy. International Journal of Current Research, Vol.5, Issue,06, pp 1355-1359, June 2013.
- Ibeawuchi C. Nze, Analysis of the Fatality Rates of Boat and Ferry Accident on Inland Waterways in Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Business and Management(IOSR-JBM), Vol.11, Issue2, May-June,2013,pp17-20.
- C.Nze and C.C.Ibe, A Critical Review of Port operations Management Problem in Nigeria: A Mathematical Programming Approach. IOSR Journal of Business Management (IOSR-JBM) Accepted for publication December 2013 (In view).
- Ibeawuchi C. Nze, A Progress Report on Economic Impact Assessment of River Ports in Nigeria: A Scenario Analysis. International Journal of Development Research (IJDR) Accepted for publication January 2014 (In view).
- Nwokedi, T.C., Okoroji, L.I., Nze, I.C., and Ndukwu, I.P., Oil Exploration Waste Management Practices: Comparative Analysis for Reduction in Hazardous E & P Waste Generation in Offshore Platforms in Nigeria. IISTE Journal of Environment and Earth Science. Vol. 5 No. 4, 2015.
- Okeudo, G.N., Nze, I.C., Ejike, I.C.and Chikwendu, D.U. Analysis of Accident Fatality Factors and Disaster Management in Nigerian Airports. International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management Research. Vol.1, Issue 3, August 2016.
- Ibe, C.C., Okeudo, G.N., Nze, I.C., and Chikwendu, D.U. Analysis of the Trend of Fatality Rates of Air Accidents in Nigeria. International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management Research. Vol. 1, Issue 3, August 2016.
- Ibeawuchi C. Nze, Innocent C. Ogwude, Kenneth U. Nnadi and Callistus C. Ibe, Modelling the Relationship between Demand for River ports services and Vessel supply Cost: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria. Online Science Publishing (OSP), Global Journal of Social Science Studies, Vol. 2, No. 3, October 2016.
- C. Nze, I. C. Ogwude, K. U. Nnadi and C. C. Ibe, Cost Optimization Models of Port Operations in Nigeria: a Scenario for Emerging River Ports. Journal of Maritime Research vol. XIII. No. III (2016) pp 39- 46. www.jmr.unican.es
- Ibeawuchi C. Nze, Kenneth U. Nnadi, Callistus C. Ibe, and Innocent C. Ogwude, A Disaggregate Analysis of Inland Waterways Transport and Road Haulage in Nigeria. International Journal of Latest Engineering Research and Applications. Accepted for Publication July 2016(In view).
- Ibeawuchi C. Nze, Callistus C. Ibe, Kenneth U. Nnadi and Innocent C. Ogwude. A Comparative Study of Inland Waterways Transport and Road Haulage in Nigeria. International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT & Management. Acknowledged for ongoing review July 2016 (In view).
- Declan N. Dike and Ibeawuchi C. Nze. Driver Impulses within Traffic and Journey Conditions: A Gender Differential Approach. International Journal of Advancement In Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Science (IJAETMAS) Vol. 04, Issue 06, June 2017.
- Nze, I.C. and Onyemechi, C. (2018). Port Congestion determinants and impacts on logistics and supply chain network of five African ports. Journal of Sustainable Development of Transport and Logistics, 3(1), 70- 82.doi:10.14254/jsdtl.2018.3-1.7.
- Dike, D.N., Akponye, M.C., and Nze, I.C. (2018). Assessment of motorists’ compliance to seat belt regulation in Nigeria. International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research, 5(3), 166- 180. DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1218168.
- Nze, I.C., Okeudo, G.N., Dike, D.N. and Nze, N.J., Effects of Dredging Operations on Fishing Sites in the Niger Delta Basin Nigeria. Oceanography & Fisheries Open Access Journal. Vol. 7 issue 1 April 2018.
Minor productive work
- B. Tech Thesis
- M.Sc. Thesis
- PhD Thesis
Major productive work (such as technological inventions. significant and useful technological designs, construction of useful products, pilot plant developments in techniques or in teaching or organizational methods etc):
- Pioneered the design of ‘Shortcut / Alternative Spread Sheet’ for preparing the results of graduating students in MMT and TMT departments.
- Pioneered the Application of Optimization techniques and modelling: input-output (I-O) techniques, Structural Equation Modelling (SEM) techniques, and Linear Programming (LP) techniques to solving real-life maritime/ port operations problems in MMT and TMT departments.
Books in main discipline and published by a reputable publisher:
- Ibeawuchi Nze (In Press). Cost Optimization Models of Port Operations in Nigeria. Lambert Academic Publishing / Omni Scriptum Publishing. One World Centre, New York USA.
- Ibeawuchi Nze (2018) Economic Impact Assessment of Nigerian Ports: a Disaggregate Analysis. Lambert Academic Publishing / Omni Scriptum Publishing. Latvia, Europe.
Chapters in research books:
- Ibeawuchi C. Nze and Gladys C. Emenike. Inland Waterways Transport and Hinterland Development in Nigeria. In: Emenike, G.C.(ed)., Essentials of Logistics and Transportation in a Developing Economy. Published by University of Port Harcourt Press Ltd.
- Ibeawuchi C. Nze, Skin Friction and Resistance in Ships. In: Ogwude, I. C., Ibe, C.C. and Mobolaji, M.S. (eds.) (In View). Transport Management: Reflections from an Emerging Economy. Textbook Manuscript for Publication.