Dr Columbus I. O. Anyanwu
- Ph.D, PROJECT MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY (FUTO), 2006.
- M.Sc., INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY 1985, Indiana State University, USA.
- B.Sc. CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY (USA), 1983. INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY, U.S.A.
- CERTIFICATE IN ADVANCED DIGITAL PROGRAM (UNI-PORT 2006);
- ASSOCIATE DEGREE, ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY (USA), 1983;
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Associate Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers, 2017;
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management;
- Prospective Member Project Management Institute,(PMI), USA.
- Member COREN (in progress)
Courses Assigned to Teach
- PRT 513 CONTRACT LAW AND ADMINISTRATION
- PRT 305 INDUSTRIAL LOCATION
- PRT 312 CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT
- PRT 411 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- PRT 407 PROJECT PLANNING AND CONTROL
- ECN 201 ECONOMICS I
- MGT 202 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
- MGT 701MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE
- PRT 863 CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND LAW
- STE 803 CONCRETE MATERIALS, PROPERTIES AND PRACTICE
- Assistant Lecturer, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 1998
- Lecturer II, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 2000.
- Lecturer I, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 2004
- Senior Lecturer, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 2007 to date.
- Associate Professor, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 2014 to date.
- Appointed SMAT Representative for SOHT School Board Meetings from 2015/2016 academic session to date.
- Appointed PMT Co-ordinator for the Human Resources Development Programmes of the University, with effect from 2015/2016 academic session.
- Appointed Examination Officer for Project Management Technology Department with effect from 2015/2016 Academic Session, by the HOD, Dr C.C. Nwachukwu.
- Co-ordinator, National Diploma Programme of the FUTO Extension Services Programme, 2002/2003 academic session.
- Re-appointed coordinator of Center for Continuing Education (CCE) Programme, in the Department of Project Management Technology, with effect from September 13th, 2006, and confirmed 13th March 2007 by the then HOD, Dr G. F. Okorafor.
- Re-appointed co-ordinator for PMT CCE programmes by the HOD Dr S.M. Nzotta, from 2008 to 2010.
- Re-appointed co-ordinator, by Engr. Prof. F.P.O. Ukwuoma, FUTO CCE undergraduate’s degree programme from 2010 to 2014.
- Academic Adviser for PGD postgraduate programmes from 2009/2010 to 2011/2012.
- Appointed SMAT Representative for SOSC Board Meetings from 2011/2012 to 2012/2014 academic session.
Membership of University/School Committee, in the University with dates:
- School of Management Technology, SMAT, Representative for School of Health Technology, SOHT, School Board, 2015/2016, and 2016/2017 academic session.
- Appointed Chairman, of the committee to fashion out certificate programs for the Department of Project Management Technology, FUTO, 2016/2017 academic session.
- Chairman, Project Management Technology, Department ResearchGroup, 2017.
- Thrift member FUTO Community Co-operative Society Programme 2011 to 2014.
- Member, Committee for the Review of PMT undergraduate programmes, 2009/2010
- Member, FUTO Library Committee, with effect from 2007 academic session;
- Member, SMAT Welfare Committee for Management Technology, from January 2000 to 2004.
- Member, SMAT Welfare Committee for Management Technology, from January 2004 to 2010.
- Member of the Committee for PMT Undergraduate Programme Revision 2014/2015.
- Course Adviser, CCE 3rd year students of PMT 2009/2010 to date
- Course Adviser, PMT students of 2003/2004
- Course Adviser from year 3 to 5, for the 1999/2000 students of Project Management Technology, with whom I graduated;
- Course Adviser for PMT CCE 2012/2013 graduating students
- Academic Adviser for PMT Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Regular students from 2009-2010
- Course Adviser CCE Pioneer Students till date (2014)
- Course Adviser for CCE Year One 2014/2015 Students
- Course Adviser for CCE Pioneer Students Spillover, 2014 /2015
- SIWES Exams coordinator PMT Final year students of 2007/2008
- FUTO SIWES University Official from School of Management Technology for 2003/2004 academic session;
- FUTO SIWES Industry Supervisor for Lagos zone, 2001/2002
- SIWES project defence participant from 2000 till present
- SIWES Project Defence Chief Examiner for both regular and CCE students 2014/2015.
- FUTO SIWES Industry Supervisor for Lagos zone, 2001/2002;
Other Internal University Services in the University with dates:
- SMAT Representative for School of Sciences School Board Meetings up to June 2015.
- Member SMAT Journal Publication Committee, 2011/2012
- Chairman, Task Force on the release of results by Lecturers 2008/2009
- SMAT Representative to the Board of the Institute of Erosion Studies meeting on 7th March 2007, at the I.E.S. Library/Conference Room
- Assisted the 2003/2004 head of Department with various kinds of work including undergraduate results production for Senate approval
- Supervisor for FUTO Students Union Government Elections, 2005/2006;
- Member, FUTO Community Co-operative Society from 2000;
- Member, FUTO Library Welfare Thrift, 2005.
- Member, FUTO Community Co-operative Society from 2008 to 2014.
Relevant Professional Experience in Industry
- As Graduate Assistant, have worked with the senior planning and scheduling Engr. of Shelton Hanning Construction Inc. (USA), 1984.
- Graduate Research Assistant to the chairman, Department of Manufacturing and Construction Technology, School of Technology, Indiana State University, USA, 1983 – 1985.
- Project Supervisor (NYSC) Nigerian Army Engineers, Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, Lagos, 1985 – 1986.
- Managing Director, Kristo Holding Pest Control Division, Lagos, 1987 – 1988.
- Owner/Director, Cristo Pest Control Ltd, Lagos, 1988 – 1994
- Owner/Managing Director, CITC Industrial Technology Consultants, 1995 – 1998.
Participation In Major Seminars, Supervision of Graduate and Postgraduate Work and Other Teaching Experience in FUTO.
Participation in Major Seminars:
- Participated in CRID-FUTO Workshop on “Achieving Excellence in Strategic Grants Writing”, May 2nd 2017, at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State.
- Participated in SMAT Workshop on Thesis/Project Writing for Academic Staff, Organized by SMAT Research Seminar, Conference & Workshop Committee, from 22nd – 23rd August 2016.
- Participated in a training workshop by the Nigerian Universities Electronic Teaching and Learning Platform, organized by Spectrum Engineering Limited, for three days – 9th December to 11th December 2015, and sponsored by Tetfund.
- Attended a PMP conference, mounted by the Project Management Institute, Port Harcourt Branch, in November 2015.
- Presented a paper on the topic “Using Project Sources of Raw Materials Development and Utilization as a Bases for Establishing Entrepreneurship Development in Nigeria”, in FUTO, at the Prof. C.O.E. Onwuliri International Center, 2013/2014.
- Participated in the “Training in the E-Computation of Results at the FUTO ICT Center”, 2013/2014.
- Participated in the NUC Resource Verification of the School of Environmental Technology (Quantity Surveying Department) of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, from 23rd – 25th June 2014.
- Participated in the “training” in the E-computation at the FUTO Computer centre, June 2012.
- Participated in the NUC Accreditation of Madonna University Civil Engineering Programmes at Akpugo Campus, Enugu State in 2011.
- Attended and completed (with a certificate issued) the Advanced Digital Appreciation Program-Tertiary (ADAPT) training mounted by Digital Bridge Institute at the International Center for Communications Studies, UNIPORT, in Port-Harcourt, on Nov. 27, 2006 – Dec. 01, 2006.
Other Relevant Workshops
- TRAINING IN THE E-COMPUTATION OF RESULTS AT THE FUTO COMPUTER CENTER, JUNE 2012;
- TRAINING IN THE E-COMPUTATION OF RESULTS AT THE FUTO COMPUTER CENTER, MAY 2013;
- TRAINING IN ELECTRONIC TEACHING AND LEARNING PLATFORM, ORGANIZED BY SPECTRUM ENGINEERING LIMITED, ON BEHALF OF THE NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION (NUC), DECEMBER, 2015;
- TRAINING IN THESIS/PROJECT WRITING FOR ACADEMIC STAFF, ORGANIZED BY SMAT RESEARCH COMMITTEE, AUGUST, 2016.
- BUILDING CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY
Published Papers in Referred Journals
- Anyanwu, C.I., Engr. Asigo, P.M.M: “Political Variants Affecting Indirect Cost of Construction Projects in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria.” International Journal of Advancement in Engineering Technology, Management and Applied Science (IJAETMAS), ISSN:2349-3224, Vol.04-Issue 03, March-2017, PP.83-94.[To assess the Journal on the internet, visit: www.ijaetmas.com/v4-
issue3/; then click on Online Library, and also click on Vol.4, issue 6].
- J.Onochie, F.I.Emoh & C.I.Anyanwu: “An Evaluation of Factors Affecting the Choice of the Different Floor Finishes in the Building Industry within the Abia State of Nigeria.”International Journal of Latest Engineering and Management Research (IJLEMR) ISSN: 2455-4847, Vol. 02 – Issue 03, March 2017, PP. 54-58. [To assess the Journal on the internet, visit: www.ijlemr.com//volume
02 – Issue 03// March 2017//pp.54-58]
- Anyanwu Columbus Ikechukwu, Fidelis I. Emoh, Okorocha A. Kelvin “Causes and Effects of Cost Overruns in Public Building Construction Projects Delivery, in Imo State, Nigeria.” IOSR Journal of Business and Management,(IOSR-JBM)e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN:23197668.Volum 19, Issue 7. Ver.II (July 2017), pp 13-20. [To assess the Journal on the internet, visit: http://www.
- Anyanwu Columbus Ikechukwu, Fidelis, I. Emoh & Celestine, O. Aniagolu:“Effective Communication as a Panacea for Conflict Avoidance In Public Building Construction Project Delivery.” International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering & Management (IJAREM), Vol. 03, Issue 03, 2017, ISSN: 2456-2033, PP. 38-53. [To assess the Journal in the internet,visit:www.ijarem.org/
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Quality Control Concepts in the Manufacture of Masonry Blocks for Building Project Delivery”. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM), e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Vol. 14, Issue 1 (Sept – Oct. 2013, pp 35-40. [To assess the Journal on the internet, visit: http://www.
iosrjournals.org. ; then click on “Contents (IOSR-JBM)”, and also click on “IOSR-JBM Archive; go to Vol.14, Issue 1].
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “The Role of Building Construction Project Team Members in Building Projects Delivery”. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR – JBM). e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Vol. 14, Issue 1 (Sept – Oct. 2013), pp 30 – 34. [To assess the Journal on the internet, visit: http://www.
iosrjournals.org; then click on “Contents (IOSR-JBM)”, and also click on “IOSR-JBM Archives; go to Vol.14, Issue 1].
- Austine Ikechukwu Joseph-Eriama and Columbus Anyanwu “The Impact of Rural Projects on Job Creation” – World Research Library. Link: www.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Project Management and the Project Manager: A Strategy for addressing the problem of Building and Infrastructural Collapse in Nigeria.” Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ), Vol.1, Issue III, October 2013 Edition, ISSN 2201-2796.3
- Anyanwu C.I.: “Sources of Variation Order in Building Construction Projects Delivery in Imo State, Nigeria.” International Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology (IREJES), Vol. 2 No. 1. Feb. 2014 Edition, ISSN-1597-5258, pp.23-35.
- Anyanwu C. I.: “Evaluation of the Effect of the Gantt Chart and CPM Scheduling Techniques on Building Project Delivery Time and Cost”. International Journal of Research in Engineering, Science & Technology. ISSN: 1597 – 5258. Vol. 4, No. 2, June 2007. PP 157 – 167.
- Anyanwu C.I.: “The Criteria for Evaluating the Effectiveness of Bar Charts Scheduling Technique for a Public Building Project Delivery”. International Research Journal in Engineering, Science & Technology. ISSN: 1597-5258. Vol. 4, No 1, January 2007, pp 165 – 172.
- Anyanwu C.I.: “Basic Concepts of Network Scheduling Techniques for Public Building Projects: An Analytical Process.” International Journal of Development and Management Review (INJODEMAR). ISSN: 1597-9492. Vol. 2, No. 1, October 2007, pp. 179 – 188.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Towards Effective Building Project Tendering in Nigeria”. Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 15, No. 2, June 2012. pp.10419-10430.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Selection of Contractor for Building Project Delivery”. Journal of Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Vol.19, No.3, October 2012. ISSN: 1117-4196. pp.11116–11120.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “The Architect or the Engineer as the Most Appropriate Professionals suitable to be the Project Manager”. Journal of Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Vol.19, No.3, October 2012. ISSN: 1117-4196. pp.11042–11049.
- Anyanwu C. I.: “Fundamental Features of Project Planning and Project” Execution”. International Journal of Development and Management Review (INJODEMAR). Vol. 1, No. 1, April 2007, pp. 155 – 163.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Types of Contracts used for Building Project Delivery. Journal of Applied Sciences. ISSN: 1119-0965. Vol. 15, No. 3. October 2012. pp.10718-10724.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Effects of Failed Projects in the Nigerian Economy” World Journal of Bio-Technology. ISSN: 1119 – 0957. Vol. 14, No. 1, August 2013, pp. 2047 – 2052.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Resource Utilization Optimization in Project Delivery”. African Journal of Sciences, ISSN: 1595-1428. Vol. 13, No.1. August 2012. pp. 2917-2925.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Managerial Function of Planning in Small Scale Business Organisation” Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 16, No.1, March 2013, pp. 10875 – 10883.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Project Sources of Raw Materials development and utilization as a basis for establishing entrepreneurship businesses in Nigeria”. Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 20, No.1, March 2013. ISSN: 1117-4196. pp.11324-11335.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Understanding the Critical Path (CPM). Network Scheduling Model: Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 15, No. 2, June 2012. pp.10521-15529.
- Anyanwu, C.I. (2013): “Efficient Management of Human Resources as a Critical Factor for Project Delivery” Journal of Applied Sciences. Vol. 16, No.1, March 2013. ISSN: 1119-0965. pp. 10951-10958.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Analysis of Network Connections”. Journal of Sciences, Engineering and Technology. ISSN: 1117-4196. Vol. 19, No. 2, June 2012. pp.10945 – 10954.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Fixed-Price and Cost-Plus Contract Arrangements for the Administration of Public Building Projects Delivery”. African Journal of Sciences, ISSN: 1595-1428. Vol. 13, No.1. August 2012. pp. 3027-3035.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Cost Management within the Construction Industry in Nigeria”. African Journal of Sciences. ISSN: 1595 – 1428. Vol. 14, No. 1, August 2013, pp. 3144 – 3158.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “The Meaning and Classification of Resources for Building Construction Project Delivery in Nigeria”. World Journal of Biotechnology. ISSN: 1119-0957. Vol. 13, No. 2, December 2012. pp. 1934-1940.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Causes of Project Failure in Nigeria” World Journal of Bio-Technology. ISSN: 1119 – 0957. Vol. 14, No. 1, August 2013, pp. 2086 – 2091.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “The Surveyor as the Most Appropriate Build Project Team Member to be the Project Manager”. Journal of Applied Sciences. Vol.15, No. 3, pp. 10684-10687.
- Anyanwu, C.I.: “Project Management: A guaranteed Method of Coordinating Work Efficiently” Journal of Science Engineering and Technology. ISSN: 1117-4196. Vol.19, No. 2, June 2012. pp.10817-10828.
Minor Productive Work
- Anyanwu C. I. (2000): Basic Concepts of Quality Management. Kosoko Publishers Nig. Ltd., Owerri.
- Anyanwu C. I. (1985): Scheduling Techniques Used in the Construction Industry.
- Anyanwu C. I. (1985): The Design of Electrical Wiring of Residential Buildings.
- Anyanwu C. I. (1985): Better Business – Consumer Relations.
- Anyanwu C. I. (2000): Environment Quality and Management Kosoko Publishers Nig. Ltd., Owerri.
- Contract Law and Contract Administration by Dr C. I. Anyanwu published by Edna Ben Publishers Owerri (ISBN: 978-37426-9-8) –
- Project Human Resources and Personnel Management Technology by Dr C. I. Anyanwu, published by Kosoko Press Limited, Owerri, Imo State (ISBN: 978-35290 – 2 – 1)
- Industrial Location Analysis by Dr C. I. Anyanwu, published by Edna Ben Publishers Ltd Owerri (ISBN: 978-075-867-4)
CONFERENCE AND LEARNED SOCIETIES ACTIVITIES:
Conference attended and papers read with dates since joining the University:
- Attended PMP Conference, mounted by Project Management Institute Port Harcourt Branch, November 2015.
- Presented a paper on the topic “Using Project Sources of Raw Materials Development and Utilization as a Basis for Establishing Entrepreneurship in Nigeria” on the theme: Entrepreneurship Development as Sustainable Basis for Economic Transformation of Nigeria at the Federal University of Technology, School of Management Technology International Conference, from 18th – 20th February 2013, at the Prof. C.O.E. Onwuliri International Centre, FUTO.
- Presented a paper on the topic “Project Management and the Project Manager as a Strategy for the Implementation and Enforcement of the National Building Code for addressing the Problem of Building and Infrastructural Collapse in Nigeria” at the Annual Conference of the Nigeria Institute of Building on the Theme: Building & Infrastructural Collapse in Nigeria on Thursday 8th March 2012, at the Hotel Royal Damgrete, Umuahia Abia State.
- Presented a paper on July 22nd, 2009 for “Career talk” on the topic “Engineering and Project Management Practices, Education and Training in Nigeria” to JSS 2 students of Lighthouse Start right High School, Owerri, during the school’s career convention.
- Participated in the 2nd National Conference towards suitable Built Environment, 21st to 23rd September 2005, by the Faculty of Environmental Design, ABU, Zaria.
- “Due Process and Incidence of Collapsed Buildings in Nigeria: Professional Responsibilities”, being a joint team paper presented by Prof. P. A. Okereke of the Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Sciences of Imo State University and Dr Anyanwu C. I. of Project Management Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, at the 3rdNational Civil Engineering Conference and Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Institute of Civil Engineering (Akure, 2005).
- “Project abandonment in Nigeria causes and remedies” is a paper presented at a workshop mounted by Bayelsa state PSTI government for Local Government Senior Staff at the Villa Maria Complex, Owerri from 29th to 30th January 2004.
- Effective Communication as a tool for enhanced corporate performance, on the theme “Team Building and Employee Motivation – as tools for Corporate Effectiveness, Survival and Growth in the 21st Century” organized by Chemical and Non-Metallic Products Senior Staff Association (CANMPSSA) at the Imo Hotels Ltd., Owerri, Imo State, from Wednesday 9th – Friday 11th May 2001.
- Capital Expenditure Planning in the Local Government System on the theme, “workshop on Budget Planning, Implementation and Monitoring in the Local Government System”, Organized by Management and Manpower Development Consultants, Owerri, Imo State, held at the Rapour Hotels, Owerri, from 11th to 12th December 2000, organized by Philink Properties (Estate Surveyors and Development Consultants) for Local Government Commission at the Villa Maria Wetheral Road, Owerri, from 17th to 18th December 2001.
- Delivered a paper on “Communication in Human Management” at a 2-day Workshop/Seminar organized by Philink Properties, Estate Surveyors and Development Consultants, for Local Government Commission, held at the Villa Maria Complex on Wetheral Road, Owerri, from 17th to 18th December 2001.
- Presented a paper on “Management Practices for the Development of the Entrepreneur” at a 2-day workshop/seminar organized by Philink properties, Estate Surveyors and Development Consultants, for Local Government Commission, held at the Villa Maria Complex on Wetheral Road, Owerri from 17th to 18 December 2001.