Dr Emmanuel Chinenye Ubani
- PhD (Project Management Technology,), from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, (2007),
- M.Eng. (Industrial Engineering) from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, (1997)
- B.Sc Tech. (Materials Engineering) from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, (1987)
- WASC (Division One) (1979) from the Government College Umuahia Abia State.
- Study Fellowship award (2003 – 2007) by FUTO
- Certificates of Excellence by Society of Project Management Technology Students (SOPMATS), PMT Department FUTO 2005/2006 session.
- Award of best Stars staff Advisers, by Project Stars 2007 graduating students, PMT Department, FUTO.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- MEMBER NIGERIAN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS
- MEMBER NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERS
Courses Assigned to Teach
- PRT 310 PROJECT DESIGN AND EIA
- MGT 503 OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- PRT 307 QUALITY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL
- PMT 705 ENGINEERING DESIGN ANALYSIS I
- MGT 823 OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- PRT 851 PROCESS DESIGN AND EVALUATION
- MEE 821 MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES
- PRT 904 ADVANCED COMPUTER BASED PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- MGT 901 MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING
- Reader, PMT Dept. FUTO – 2011 to date
- Senior Lecturer; PMT Dept. FUTO – 2007 – 2011
- Lecturer I, PMT Dept. FUTO – 2003 – 2007
- Lecturer II, PMT Dept. FUTO – 2000 – 2003
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Project Management Technology (PMT) FUTO, – 1998 – 2000
- Graduate Assistant; Department of Mechanical Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) – 1996 – 1998.
- Project Co-ordinator, Project Development Institute (PRODA) Enugu, 1989 to 1993. Areas of practical experience; Mechanical Engineering Design, Foundry Technology Project appraisal, Design, Implementation, and Procurement Management.
- Trainee Engineer, at National Steel Council, Metallurgical Research and Test Division, Jos, 1995. Areas of practical experience; Materials processing, Procurement and Project management.
- Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers (Ref. No. 24953)
- Fellow, Institute of Industrial Administration Head, Department of Project Management Technology FUTO January – 2010 to 2011
- Head, Department of Management Technology, Bells University of Technology Ota, Ogun State (On Sabbatical Leave) – 2013- 2014
- Chairman, SMAT Quality Assurance Committee, – 2014 to date
- Member, FUTO Quality Assurance Committee, – 2014 to date
- Chairman, Electoral Committee for 2015 SMAT Deanship Election
- Member, SMAT Committee of Publication Seminar and Workshops
- Member, University Senate, FUTO – January 2010 to 2011
- Member, University PGS Board of Studies – January 2010 to date
- Coordinator, PhD, M.Sc, MBA programmes, PMT Dept. FUTO – 2007 to date
- Examination Officer, PMT Dept. FUTO – 1999 to 2001
- Member SMAT Examination Committee – 1999 to 2001
- Member SMAT School Board of Studies – 1998 to date
- Academic Adviser to Undergraduates – 1998 to 2008
- Coordinator FUTO Hockey Team – 1998 to 2008
- Member, Committee for revisions of Curriculum for PMT – 2002
- Chairman, financial sub-committee, SMAT Committee for reception ceremony in honour of DVC administration – 2002
- Project Supervisors, Undergraduate and PGDM, MBA, MSc and PhD Candidates 1998 to date
- Staff Adviser SOPMATS FUTO – 2002 to 2007
- SIWES Coordinator, PMT Dept. FUTO – 2004 to 2008
- Chairman, SMAT SIWES Committee – 2006 to 2008
- Member of a five-man committee to harmonize and produce a revised programme of studies for Project Management Technology – 2006 to 2008
- Member, Departmental Strategic Planning Committee – 2006 to 2007
- Circulation Manager, PMT Journal FUTO – 2007 to date
- Member, PMT Dept. Seminar Committee FUTO – 2006 to date
- Chairman Committee for Review of PMT Dept.Curriculum and Programme – 2011 to date
- Chairman, PMT Department Accreditation Committee – 2011
- Project Planning and Control, Project Quality Management, Project Procurement and Material Requirements Planning.
- Engineering Materials Analysis, Processing Selection and Applications, Materials Management.
- Productivity Engineering, Industrial/Production Systems Design and Analysis, Production and Operations Management, Project Network Analysis.
- Ubani E.C. (2004) “Analysis of Aggregate Production Planning Alternatives in a Depressed Economy” Journal of Research in National Development Vol. II, pp 103 – 108.
- Ubani E.C. (2005) Simulation Study of Small Scale Job shop Manufacturing System. Journal of Research in National Development Vol. III. Pp 44 – 49.
- Ubani E.C. (2002) Principles of Management by Objectives Review of Arts and Social Science. Quarterly Journal of Inter-University Friendship Association Vol. III, No. 1, pp- 160 – 163.
- Ubani E.C. (2007) “Risk Management Issues in Engineering Project: An Explorative Discourse on Project Success”. International Journal of Development and Management Review. (INJODEMAR) Vol. 1/014, pp 147 – 153. http.www.ajol.
- Ubani E.C. (2007) “Downtime Analysis in Steel Rolling Mills in Nigeria” International Journal of Development and Management Review (INJODEMAR) Vol. 1/028 www.ajol.
- Ubani E.C. (2007) “Team Building and Motivation: Critical Factors of Project Success” Review of Arts and Social Sciences. Quarterly Journal of Inter-University Friendship Association. Vol. iv No iv.
- Ubani E.C. (2008) Network-Based Material Requirements Planning in Product Development Project. International Journal of Development and Management Review. Vol. 0/056. www.ajol.
- Ubani E.C. (2008) Contemporary Issues on Human Resources Development and Training in Project Management. International Journal of Development and Management Review. Vol. 1/056. www.ajol.
- Echeme I.I., Nwachukwu C.C. and Ubani E.C. (2011). Investigation on the Impact of the Critical Factors Affecting the Accuracy of Project Cost Estimations. The Estate Government Surveyor and Valuer. Journal of the Nigerian Institution of Estimate Surveyors and Valuers. Vol. 35, No. 1.
- Ubani E.C. (2010) Evaluating the Effects of Route Selection Factors on the Success of Petroleum Pipeline Projects in Nigeria. African Journal of Social Issues, South African Vol. 1 No. 1.
- Ubani E.C. and Echeme I.I. (2010) Priority Sequencing for Operations Scheduling Decisions in Capacity Constrained Multiple Projects Management in Construction Industries. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, Vol. 2 No 4 www.ijcrb.webs.com, email@example.com. Canterbury, United Kingdom Pp 234 – 247.
- Ubani E.C. (2010) Duality Approach to Resource Optimization in Jobshop Manufacturing projects. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, Canterbury, United Kingdom Vol. 2 No 4 www.ijcrb.webs.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Echeme I.I. and Ubani E.C. (2010) A Correlation of Natural Resource Management and Level of Development in Developing Countries: A Case of Nigeria. Report and Opinion ISSN 1553 – 9873. Volume 2 – Issue 7 (Cumulated No. 17). Marsland Press, New York, the United States Sciencepub@mail.com.
- Ubani E.C., Nwachukwu C.C. and Nwokonkwo O.C. (2010) Variation Factors of Project Plans and their Contributions to Project Failure in Nigeria. American Journal of Social and Management Sciences. ISSN print 2156 – 1540. ScienceHuB,http://www. and Scihub.org/AJSMS.
- Ubani E.C. (2011) Empirical Analysis of Success Factors in the Implementation of Total Quality Management in Construction Industries in Nigeria. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business IJCRB, Canterbury, United Kingdom Vol. 2 No. 12 www.ijcrb.webs.com. email@example.com ISSN 20737122.
- Ubani, E.C. (2011) An Explorative Discourse on Issues of Contemporary Project Quality Management. West African Journal of Industrial and Academic Research. Vol. 1 www.wajiaredu.com (May).
- Ubani, E.C. (2011) Service Cost Analysis for Optimal Capacity Determination in a Queuing System. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business. IJCRB Vol. 3 No. 4 (August) www.ijcrb.webs.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org. Canterbury Kent, CT2, 7PE, U.K.
- Ubani E.C. (2012) Application of Assembly Heuristic to Designing Product Layout in Motor Manufacturing Operations. International Journal of Contemporary Research in Business. IJCRB Vol. 5 No. 7 (January) www.ijcrb.webs.com. email@example.com. Canterbury Kent, U.K.
- Ubani E.C., Okorocha K.A. and Emeribe S.C. (2012) Analysis of Factors Influencing Time and Cost Overruns on Construction Projects in South-Eastern Nigerian. International Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research. http:www/ijimsbr.com. Vol. 2, Issue 2-2013. (ISSN-2226-8235).
- Ubani E.C. (2012) Analysis of Environment Impact Factors that Constrain Successful Delivery of Rural Road Construction Project in South-Eastern Nigeria. International Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research. http:www/ijimsbr.com. Vol. 2, Issue 2-2013. (ISSN-2226-8235)
- Ubani E.C. (2012) Evaluating the Effects of Organizational Structure on the Effective Delivery of Civil Engineering Projects. International Journal of Engineering Innovations. Volume 4, Number 3; Pan African Book Company: ISSN 2276-6138.website.www.
- Ubani E.C. (2012) Power Sector Reform, System Reliability and Successful Power Delivery in Nigeria. West African Journal of Industrial and Academic Research,. www.wajiaredu.com.volume 3, No. 1 ISSN:2276-9129
- Amade B., Achaka C.H. and Ubani E.C. (2013) An Assessment of the Effectiveness of Scheduling Techniques on the Success of Mechanical Construction Projects. International Journal of Emerging Trend in Engineering and Development. Htt://www.rspublication.com/
ijeted_index.htm.Issue 3, Vol. 1 ISSN 2249-6149, Pp 391-415.
- Ubani E.C. and Ononuju C.N. (2013) A Study of Failure and Abandonment of Public Sector-Driven Civil Engineering Project in Nigeria: An Empirical Review. American Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. Science Hub, Htt://www.scihub.og/AJSIR. ISSN: 2153-649X, doi:10525 ajsir.
- Ubani E.C. (2013) Modeling of Downtimes of Operating System of Telecommunication Facilities for Effective Project Communication and Management Information System. International Journal of Advanced Scientific and Technical Research. Issue 3, Volume 1. Htt://www.rspublication.com/
- Ubani E.C. and Nwaogbe O.R. (2012) Simulation Approach to Replacement Policy of Operating Transport Fleet in Road Construction Projects. International Journal of Development Digest. The concept for Assimilation. A Quarterly Journal of Development Digest. Volume 06, #04, Published in USA.
- Ubani E.C. and Onyejekwe I.M. (2013) Environmental Impact Analyses of Gas Flaring in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria. America Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. Science HuB, Htt://www.scihub.og/AJSIR, ISSN: 2153-649X, DOI:1052i/ajsir.
- Nwaogbe O.R., Omoke, V., Ubani E.C. and Ukaegbu S.I. (2013) Cost Minimization of Product Transshipment for Physical Distribution Management. Journal of Transport and Supply Chain Management. 7 *1) Art. #94, 9 pages.Htt://dx.doi.org/104102/
- Ubani E.C. and Nwakanma I.C. (2013) Effectiveness’ of Maintenance Policies for Cellular System Infrastructure Product. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology. IJSET @ 2013. Volume No. 2, Issue No. 10, Pp: 953-960. (ISSN:227-1581.
- Nwakanma I.C1., Ubani E.C.2, Asiegbu B.C3 and Nwokonkwo O.C4. (2014) Factors Affecting the Adoption of ICT in the Hospitality Industry in Imo State. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues. Vol II, Issue 4 No 1 July 2014, ISSN (Print): 1694-0814/ISSN(online) 1694-0784 www.IJSCI.org.
- Nwakanma I.C1., Ubani E.C.2, Asiegbu B.C3 and Ngene S.C.4 (2014) Total Quality Management: A Critical Component for Effect Delivery of Manufacturing Project. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology Volume No. 3, Issue No. 9 Pp 1160-1166 (ISSN: 2277-1581) www.ijset.com.
- Ubani E.C. Omajeh EO-M and Okebugwu O.F. (2015) Analysis of Factors Responsible for Project Cost Underestimation in Nigeria. http:/ijecm.co.uk. International Journal of Economic Commerce and Management United Kingdom. Vol. III, Issue 2 Volume III, Issue 2. ISSN 23480386 http://ijecm.co.uk.
- Ubani E.C. Echeme I.I. and Ukwuoma B.A. (2015) Development of Strategies for Effective Project Scope Management: A study of National Integrated Power Project (NIPP). European Journal of Academic Essays 2(2): II-20, ISSN (Print): 2183-3318, ISSN (online) 2183-1904 www.euroessays.org.
- Ubani E.C. Amade B., Okorocha A. and Agwu F.O. (2015) Project Risk Management Issues in Nigeria Construction Industry International Journal of Engineering and Technical Research (IJETR), ISSN: 2321-0869, Volume-3, Issue-1 www.erpublication.org.
- Ubani E.C. and Echeme I.I (2015) Research Design and Sampling in Social and Management Sciences in 21st Century. European Journal of Academic Essays 2 (3): 37-46, ISSN (online): 2183-1904, ISSN (print): 2183-3818 www.euroessays.org.
- Amade, B., Ubani E.C. Omajeh E.O.M and Njoku U.A.P. (2015). Critical Success Factors for Public Sector Construction Project Delivery. A case study of Owerri, Imo State Nigeria International Journal of Research in Management, Science and Technology. (E-ISSN:2321-3264) Vol. 3, No1. www.ijrmst.org.
- Amade B1, Ubani E.C.2, Amaeshi U.F.3 and Okorocha K.A.4 (2015) Factors for Containing Failure and Abandonment of Public Sector Construction Project in Nigeria Journal of Building Performance, ISSN: 2180-2106 Volume 6, Issue 1. http:/Spaj,uku.my/jsb/index.php/jbp/index
- Ubani E.C., Echeme I.I. and Ononuju C.N (2015) Products Research and Development Projects for Entrepreneurship Development in Nigeria. Scientific Journal Publications, Reports and Opinion. 7(5): 40-46. (ISSN:1553-9873) Marshland Press. Website: www.sciencepub.net/report.7:
- 1Amade B., 2Akpan E.O.P, 3Ubani E.C. and 4Amaeshi U.F. (2016) Supply Chain Management and Construction Project Delivery: Constraints to its Application. PM World Journals, Vol. v, Issue v, May 2016 www.pmworldjournals.net
- Ubani E.C. and Akpan E.O.P. (2001), “System Design: The Embodiment of Project Management”. A Paper read at the first National Conference on the Theme: Manufacturing Technology and Engineering, in a Developing Economy. Published by the Department of Mechanical, University of Uyo, in Association with Kan Educational books, Uyo Nigeria (Edited by A. Offiong) pp. 19 – 23.
EDITORSHIP AND BOOKS IN MAIN DISCIPLINE
- Obuseh Raphael, Ubani, Emmanuel and Ashiegbu V. Lemmy (2005) Purchasing: Cost Savings and Profitability with Cases and Problems: EI Sapphire Publishing Company Ltd, Okota Lagos. ISBN: 978-8006-95-7
- Ubani E.C. (2012) Production and Operations Management; Concepts, Strategy and Applications. Ultimate Press Ltd, Owerri. ISBN: 978-978-51063-0-5
MAJOR AND MINOR PRODUCTIVE WORK
- Ubani E.C. (2011) Feasibility Study of a Granite Quarry Industry in Edo State (Commissioned) submitted to K&G Integrated Services Limited. No 10 Omoku Street, D/line Port Harcourt.
CONFERENCE, WORKSHOP AND LEARNED SOCIETY ACTIVITIES
- Ubani E.C. (2015) Certificate of Attendance: Project Management Institute, Nigeria Chapter Conference 2015, Theme: Nigeria – Project and a Sustainable Future at Landmark Hotels Ltd, 4 World Street, off Olu-Obasanjo Road Port Harcourt Rivers State.
- Ubani E.C. (2015) Certificate of Participation in a Training Workshop; “The Nigerian Universities Electronic Teaching and Learning Platform,” Organized by Spectrum Engineering Limited. Sponsored by Tertiary Education Trust Fund.
- Ubani E.C. (2013) Paper Presentation on the title: Research Design and Sampling on the Theme: Conducting Research in Management and Social Sciences in the 21st Century. A College Seminar/Workshop of; College of Management Sciences, Bells University of Technology, Ota Ogun State.
- Ubani E.C. (2011) Certification of Completion on Advance Digital Application Programme for Tertiary Institution (ADAPTI) Training in FUTO, Organized by Digital Bridge Institute; International Centre for Communication Studies.
- Ubani E.C. (2010) Certificate of Attendance of Short Course on Statistical Data Analysis using coupled Microsoft Excel + Analyse- it; Organized by Stat-DataPro-Nigeria, FUTO Consult Ltd and Analyse-it Leeds – UK.
- Ubani E.C. (2010) Project Quality Management; A Training Workshop on Technology Project Management, organized by South-South Office of National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM), Federal Ministry of Science and Technology. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ubani E.C. (2010) Managing Multiple Project; A Training Workshop on Technology Project Management organized by South-South Office of NACETEM. Federal Ministry of Science and Technology E-mail: email@example.com.
- Ubani E.C. (2001), “The Concept of Time Management, on the Theme, Effective Human Resources Development and time management at the local government, a 2 – day seminar/workshop organized by the local government services commission at Villa Maria Guest House, Owerri 17th – 18th December 2001.
- Ubani E.C. (2001) “Project Abandonment in Nigeria; Causes and Remedies on the theme, Effective Project Management Technology; a seminar/workshop organized by the SOPMATS, FUTO branch, 10th October 2001.
- Ubani E.C. (2000) “Application of System Design Principles to Project Management Technology” on the theme, Project Management in the new millennium, a seminar/workshop organized by SOPMATS, FUTO branch on 28th June 2000.