Engr. Prof. Festus Prince Okechukwu Ukwuoma
- B.Sc. (Honours) (Second Class) Chemical Engineering University of lfe. August 30, 1982.
- M.Sc Chemical Engineering, University of Ife, November 27, 1985.
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering (Project Management), Enugu State University of Science and Technology, July 13, 1999.
- Outstanding Leadership Performance in Nigeria and for Promoting ICT for National Development by National Association of Computer Science Students, (2016).
- Fellowship Award by, Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria (2016)
- Outstanding Contributions and Selfless Service by Catholic Women Organisation, St Anthony Mary Claret Parish, World Bank New Owerri, (2016)
- Nigerian OSCAR Person of the Year in Science and Technology by Outstanding Students Choice Award for Recognition (2015).
- Award of Excellence in Leadership by Community Secondary School Awo Idemihi, Old Students Association (2014)
- The Most Outstanding Head of Department in Federal University of Technology, Owerri by the Student Union Government (SUG) of the University (2012).
- Academic Noble International Award by the Institute of Industrial Administration of Nigeria (2010).
- Merit Award for Selfless Service to Mankind and NAISS by the National Association of Imo State Students (NAISS). (2001)
- Merit Award of Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineering by ESUT Students’ Chapter of NSChE (1998)
- Merit Award for Outstanding Services by Nigeria Society of Chemical Engineers ESUT Students’ Chapter (1994)
- Merit Award of National Association of Imo State Students by ESUT Enugu Chapter (1992)
- Imo State Scholarship (1978 – 1982)
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Registered Engineer (COREN 2000).
- Certified Master Project Manager (AAPM, 2014)
- Certified Professional Trainer (IAPPD, 2014)
- Fellow, Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria
- Fellow, American Academy of Project Management
- Fellow, Institute of Industrial Administration
- Fellow, Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers.
- Corporate Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Corporate Member, American Chemical Society
- Member, Nigerian Environmental Study/Action Team (NEST).
- Member, Environmental Management Association of Nigeria
- Member, New York Academy of Sciences
Courses Assigned to Teach
- PRT 310 PROJECT DESIGN AND EIA
- MGT 310 OPERATIONS RESEARCH I
- MGT 403 OPERATIONS RESEARCH II
- PRT 301 INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- PRT 801 RISK AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- PRT 803 QUALITY MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- PRT 863 CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND LAW
- PRT 851 PROCESS DESIGN AND EVALUATION
- MGT 901 MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING
- Sept 2014-Date -Director-General, National Centre for Technology Management, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- July 2014-Date – Visiting Professor of Project Management, Federal University of Technology, Minna
- July 2011- June 2014 – Head, Department of Project Management Technology Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Nov.2011-2014 – Adjunct Professor of Environmental Management, Abia State University, Uturu.
- October 2009 – Professor of Project Management Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri,
- Mar. 2008- June 2011 – Associate Dean, School of Management Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri.
- Oct. 2006-Oct.2009 – Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, Department of Project Management, FUTO, Owerri
- Jan 2003 – 2006 – Senior Lecturer, Department of Project Management Technology, FUTO, Owerri.
- Oct. 1993-Jan. 2003: – Senior Lecturer, Department of Chemical Engineering, ESUT, Enugu.
- Feb. 2000 – Feb. 2001: – Director Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu.
- Jan. 1998 – Jan 1999: – Research Fellow, (Sabbatical Employment) National Center for Technology Management, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile –Ife.
- Oct. 1990 – Oct. 1993: – Lecturer I, Department of Chemical Engineering, ESUT, Enugu.
- Dec. 1987-Oct.1990: – Lecturer II, Department of Chemical Engineering, Enugu State University of Science & Technology.
- Nov. 1985-Nov. 1987: – Lecturer and Ag. Head Department of Chemical Engineering & Metallurgy, Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri.
- Feb. 1984-Sept. 1985: – Research Assistant, Department of Chemical Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- 1982-1983: – Process Engineer, Faro Bottling Company, Yola, (NYSC).
- President, African Project and Programme. Management Association (APPMA) 2014-date
- Chairman, Pastoral Council, St Anthony. Mary Claret Catholic Parish, World Bank, New Owerri 2014-date
- National President, Community Secondary School, Awo-Idemili, Old Students Association. 2010-date
- Chairman, Community Secondary School, Awo-Idemili Old Students Association, Owerri Branch, (2005-2010)
- Chairman, Nigerians Society of Chemical Engineers, Enugu/Anambra/Ebonyi States Chapter (2001-2003)
- Vice-Chairman, NSChE, Enugu/Anambra/Ebonyi States Chapter (1999-2001)
- Chairman, Pastoral Council, Emmanuel Catholic Parish, Mainland Emene, Enugu (1998-2003)
- Secretary, Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers, Enugu/Anambra/Ebonyi States/Chapter (1988-1998)
- Chairman, Imo/Abia/Ebonyi States Staff Welfare Association, ESUT (1996-2003)
- National Assistant Secretary, Obafemi Awolowo University (UNIFE) Alumni Association (1993-1997)
- Staff Adviser, National Association of Imo State Students (NAISS) (1989-1999)
- Secretary, Obafemi Awolowo University (UNIFE) Alumni Association, Enugu Branch (1989-1999)
- Secretary, Cultural Committee, Igboezue Cultural Association, Enugu (1999-2003)
- Secretary, Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), ASUTCH, Chapter (1990-1995)
- President, Enugu City Junior Chamber (Jaycees) 1991-1992
- Project Design and Environmental Impact Assessment
- Chemical Process
- Environmental Management
- Amade, B., Akpan, E.O.P., Ukwuoma, F.P.O., Ononuju, C.N. and Okore, O.L. (2018) “A Supply Chain Management (SCM) Framework for Construction Project Delivery in Nigeria: An Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) Approach”. PM World Journal Volume 7, Issue 4 pg 1-26. www.pmworldjournal.net
- Emmanuel T. Adu & and O. Ukwuoma (2015): Evaluation of Factors Affecting the Proportion of Components of Production Cost of Building. Projects in South-South Nigeria: Consultants Perspectives, Journal of Environmental Design, Vol.10 (1) pp.14-31.
- Amade, B., Akpan, E.O.P., Ukwuoma F.P.O., and Alajemba, C.C. (2014): Project Cost Contingency in the Nigerian Construction Industry, International Journal of Research in Management, Science and Technology; Vol.2 (2) pp. 1-13 (August).
- Ukwuoma, O. (2014): Bringing Order to Businesses in the Midst of Chaos: Organisational Change Management, Sydenham Management Review (The International Research Journal) Vol.3 (2) pp.57-70 (April).
- Akpan, E.O.P., Ukwuoma, F.P.O., Amade, B., and Nwoko-Omere, W.C. (2014): Total Quality Management for Sustainable Development: A Case of the Nigerian Environment; International Journal of Management and Business Research, Vol.3(5), pp.1-17
- Ukwuoma, O., Amade, B, Muoghalu, E. I. (2013): The Management of Research and Development (R&D) for Commercialization, International Journal of Advanced Scientific and Technical Research, Vol. 3 (1) pp.477-497
- Akhionbare, W.N., Ukwuoma, O. and Akhionbare, S.M.O.(2010): Environmental Impacts Analysis of a Water Supply Project – The Case of Ikpoba River Dam Waterworks, Benin City, Nigeria; Journal of Applied Sciences Research, Vol.6(12), pp.2081-2084.
- Adu, E., Umoren, V., and Ukwuoma, O. (2009): The Application of Value Engineering for Construction Projects in Nigeria; Journal of Environmental Design, Vol. 4 (1 &2), 34
- Ukwuoma, O. and Ononuju, C.N. (2008): Can a Project Audit Rescue a Runaway Project; Journal of Industry, Business, and Economic Research (JIBER), Vol.13(1), pp.309-322.
- Ukwuoma, O. (2008): Synthesis of A4 Zeolite from Calcined Nigerian
Kaolinitic Clays, Journal of Raw Materials Research, Vol.5(1&2), pp.66-73.
- Igbokwe,P.K and .O.Ukwuoma (2008): Safety Evaluation of the Industrial Environment for the Improvement of Occupational Health, Nigerian Journal of Engineering Management, Vol. 9(1) pp.13-17.
- Ukwuoma, O and C.N.Ononuju (2007): On the Application of Optimal Control Theory to Research and Development (R&D) Projects Management, Journal of Industry, Business and Economic Research; Vol.12 (1), pp. 311-327.
- Ukwuoma, O. (2005): Bringing Order out Chaotic Project—Change Management; Journal of Industry, Business and Economic Research, Vol. 9(1), pp 53-68.
- Ukwuoma, O. (2005): Competing Factors in R&D Projects Management, Journal of Engineering Research and Development, Vol. 2 (2), pp 15-20
- Ukwuoma, O. and D.C. Nwosu (2003): Comparative Analysis of Consumer Products (Toilet Soaps) Journal of Scientific and Industrial Studies, Vol. 1 (2), pp 17-20
- Ukwuoma, O. (2002): Comparative Study of Liquid Products derived from Hydrotreating of Nigerian Tar Sand Bitumen, Petroleum Science & Technology; Vol. (5&6), pp 525-534
- Ukwuoma, O. (2000): Human Resources Issues in R&D. Projects Management, Journal of Industry, Business and Economic Research, Vol. 2 (2), pp 884-893
- Ukwuoma, O. (2000) Production of Formed-Coke from Nigerian Sub-Bituminous Coal, Journal NSChE, Vol. 19 (1&2), pp 76-80
- Ukwuoma, O. and Ademodi, B. (1999): The Effects of Temperature and Shear Rate on the Apparent Viscosity of Nigerian Oil Sand Bitumen; Fuel Processing Technology, Vol. 60, pp 95-101
- Ukwuoma, O. (1999): Study of Composition of Nigerian Tar Sand Bitumen: Petroleum Science & Technology Vol. 17 (Issues 1 & 2), pp 57-65
- Onukwuli, O.D., Ukwuoma. O. Aneke, L. E. and Igbokwe, P.K. (1995):
- Production of Activated Clay for Bleaching of Palm Oil; NSChE Vol. 14 (1&2), pp 28-34
- Ukwuoma, O. (1993): Production of Synthetic Fuels from Nigerian Tar Sand Bitumen; Fuel Science & Technology International, Vol. 11 (11), pp 1629-1635
- Oshinowo, T., Ademodi, B., Ukwuoma, F.O. and Sanni, S.A. (1992): Upgraded Liguid Hydrocarbons from Non-Catalytic Thermal Hydrocracking of Bitumen from Nigeria Tar sand; J. NSChE, Vol. 11 (1 & 2), pp 81-90.
- Ukwuoma, O. (2015): Mitigating the Electric Power Crises through Effective Project Management Across Every Sector in Ghana, paper presented at the Project Management Forum at the Ghana Institution of Engineers Accra (April 9th-10th).
- Ukwuoma, O., Ogundari, I.O Akinwale, Y.O. and Adepoju, A.O. (2015): Harnessing Renewable Energy Resources for Sustainable Economic Development in Nigeria, Paper Presented at the 5th Annual and International Conference of the Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria, Gregory University Uturu (June 18th-19th, 2015).
- Ukwuoma, O. (2014): Project Scope Management: The Case of Oil and Gas Industry, Paper presented at the African Project and Program Management Conference at Alisa Hotel Accra, Ghana ( June 23-28).
- Ukwuoma, O. and Ononuju, C.N. (2005): Incorporation of Environmental Reviews into Facility Design – A challenge in the Petroleum Industry, Presented at the Nigeria Annual Conference of Society of Petroleum Engineers, Sheraton Abuja 1st to 3rd August, pp 2-72.
- Ukwuoma, O. and Agbasi, K. C (1989): Management Strategies for Investment in Computers for Corporate End-User in the Third Era of computing, Paper Presented at the International Conference on Developing Countries and New.Information Age, University of Nigeria, Nsukka (25th – 27th) September pp. 115 – 131
- Ukwuoma, O. Onukwuli, O.D., Igbokwe, P.K and Aneke L.E. (1991): Printing Inks from Local Raw Materials, Proceeding of the 21st Annual Conference of Nigeria Society of Chemical Engineers, Gateway International Hotel, Ota, (6th-9th November), pp 113-116
- Ukwuoma, O., Jonah Egba, Ernest Eze, C. Ononuju and D.E Abazie (2003) Environmental Impact Assessment Report of the Amoffia Quarry Project for the Government of Ebonyi State, February.
- Okpala, K; F.O, Chukwuma, A.I. Njiribeakor, E. Oboho., A.I. Okereke, and F.P.O Ukwuoma (2002). Development of Process Equipment Design and Process Simulation Software for a Commercial Tray Dryer (for Raw Materials Research and Development Council, Abuja) October.
- Ani, Uchenna, J.C. Nwafor, O. Ukwuoma, D. Nnebedum, S. Uchegbu, D. Anor, O. Udeh and V. Ngadiuba (2002). Environmental Impact Assessment Report of 7-up Bottling Plant at Ameke Ngwo, Enugu, September.
- Ukwuoma, O (2008): Management of Environmental Hazards and Risks Ever Standard Publishing Company, Onitsha.
CONFERENCE AND SEMINAR PAPERS
- Deepening Technology Entrepreneurship Content in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Delivery: A paradigm Shift. Paper presented at the 2015 NACETEM TVET Outreach Programme, 25th – 28th August 2016; NACETEM South-West Zonal Office, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Addressing the Innovation Deficit in Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Industrial Production: Critical Issues and Steps for Action: A keynote Paper Presented at the National Workshop on Addressing Innovation Challenges in SMEs for Global Competitive and Socio-economic Change, organized by the Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC) and National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM) at NECA House Alusa, Ikeja, Lagos 18-19 Nov. 2015.
- Structural Changes in Implementation of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). A Keynote paper Presented at the School of Technical Education Conference, Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoko Lagos, 23rd – 26th November 2015.
- Ukwuoma, O. (2013): The Critical Role of Venture Capital in Entrepreneurship, Paper Presented at the International Conference on Entrepreneurship Development as a Sustainable Basis for Economic Transformation of Nigeria, Federal University of Technology, Owerri (18th-20th) February.
- Ukwuoma, O (2012): Gap Analysis: An Innovative Approach to Business Research, Paper presented at the International Conference on Recent Trends in Business and Technology Management, Sterling Institute of Management Studies, Neru(East), Navi Mumbai, India (17th-18th) August
- Ukwuoma, O. (2003): Environmental Impacts of Technological Development, Paper presented at Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers Workshop/Seminar, Zodiac Hotel Ltd. Enugu (10th – 11th) December.
- Ukwuoma, O. (2001): Harnessing Indigenous Potentials for Rural: Presented at a 3-day Seminar on Achieving Sustainable self-help Projects, Organized by Anambra State Local Government Service Commission at Zodiac Hotel, Enugu, 31st Oct – 2nd November).
- Okafor, J. O. Aneke N. A. G. and Ukwuoma, Prince O. (1999): Modeling of on Pollution Prevention. Using Statistical Method, Conference on Application of Science for National Development and Exhibition Federal Polytechnic Mubi Nigeria (9th – 12th) June.
- Ukwuoma, O. (1994): Monitoring Environmental Changes and Appropriate Information Exchange System for Integrated Environmental Management Programme, Paper presented at the National Workshop on Strategic Planning of Environmental Protection and Safety Department in Government and Industries in Nigeria, Nike Lake Resort Hotel, Enugu (14th – 18th0 December.
- Ukwuoma, O. (1993): Engineering Consideration in the Management of Urban Solid Wastes: Presented at a One-Day Environmental Workshop on the Control and Management of Urban Wastes (organized by the British Council, Enugu), Presidential Hotel, Enugu (24th June).
- Ukwuoma, O. (1992): Balanced Engineering Curriculum for Environmental Awareness and Training; Presented at the World Congress for Education and Communication in Environment and Development, Ontario, Canada (16th – 21st October).
- Ukwuoma, O. and Igbokwe, P. K (1991): Process Optimization for Energy Management: Paper Presented at the National Conference on Technological Progress in the Third World Countries, ASUTECH, Enugu (12th – 14th September).
- Ukwuoma, O. (1991): Numerical Methods for Solving of Time-Dependent Parabolic Partial Differential Equations of Diffusion Processes; Paper Presented at the National Conference on Technological Progress in the Third World Countries, ASUTECH, Enugu (12th – 14th September)
- Onukwuli, O. D. Ukwuoma, O. and Aneke, L. E. (1991): The effects of process Variables on the yield of oil from Groundnut, breadfruit and Palm kernel; National Conference on Technological Progress in Third World Countries, ASUTECH, Enugu (12th – 14th September).
- Ukwuoma, O. (1989): Steam-Electric Power Head Generation and Thermal Pollution; Presented at the 24th Inter-Society Energy Conference, Gateway Hotel, Washington D. C. (6th – 11th August).
- Ukwuoma, O and Aronu, F. O. (1989): Handling and Treatment of Liquid Waste from a Petrochemical Industry; Presented at the Regional Conference of Industrial and Domestic Wastes and Environment Quality: The Nigerian Situation, Hill Station Jos, (12th – 14th March).
- Ukwuoma, O. (1989): Cultivation of Microbes to Combat Organic Pollutant; Presented at the Regional Conference on Waste Management and Pollution Control, Hill Station Hotel, Jos (9th – 14th March).
- Ukwuoma, O. (1988): Plant Maintenance through Corrosion Control: presented at the First National Conference on Maintenance Management and Technology, Nike Lake Resort Hotel, Enugu (16th – 18th November)
- Ukwuoma, O. (1988): Thermal Pollution: Effect on Water Quality and Aquatic Life: Presented at Symposium on Water Pollution and Control in Nigeria, Hotel Presidential, Port-Harcourt (19th – 21st October).