Dr Gerald O. Onyedika
Dr, Onyedika Gerald Okwuchi is a senior lecturer at the Department of Chemistry, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria. He received his Bachelor of Technology degree in Chemistry in 1997, M.Sc. in Mineral Processing in 2004 and a Ph.D. degree in 2012, all from the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. He has published over 20 papers, including peer-reviewed articles in a number of journals such as the Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization & Engineering, International Journal of Applied Chemistry and Metallurgical and Materials Transactions. His research interests include extraction & characterization of minerals, environmental mineralogy, materials and wastes management, liberation, physical and chemical separation methods, leaching, flotation, precipitation and environment effects of mining and processing.
Dr Onyedika has served as a visiting research scholar at Michigan Technological University, MI, USA and elected academic advisor to African Students Association, Michigan Technological University. He has chaired the Minerals Characterization session in The Minerals, Materials and Metal Society conference, USA in 2013. He is a member of (TMS), The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society, USA, Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria and Chemical Society of Nigeria.
PROFESSIONAL BODY MEMBERSHIP
- Member, The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society, USA
- Institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria, ICCON.
- Chemical Society of Nigeria, CSN
- Council of Science Editors, CSE (USA).
- International Society of Managing & Technical Editors, ISMTE
- Lecturer and Researcher undergraduate courses
- Lecturer and Research Postgraduate courses
- Lecturer and Researcher Masters students
- Lecturer and researcher PhD students
- 2013-Co-Chairman, TMS, Characterization of Minerals, Metals and Materials, USA.
- 2012, Reviewer, TMS, Proceedings (Characterization of Minerals, Metal and Materials).
- Member, School of Physical Science Board Committee on Linkages
- Member, School Board Electoral Committee
- Dean’s Representative to School of Engineering Board of Studies
- Minerals and Processing
- Extraction metallurgy
- Inorganic synthesis
- Polymeric materials
- Polymer composites
- Separation Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Pollution and Control
PUBLICATIONS (2015 TO 2018)