Mr Henry N. Echetama
Mr Henry Nkemakolam Echetama is a Lecturer II in the Department of Geology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. He obtained his B.Sc degree in Geology and Mining from Enugu State University of Science and Technology in 2002. He proceeded for a Master’s degree in Petroleum Geology and Sedimentology from the University of Ibadan in 2006. He joined Foundation System Nigeria Limited as a Project Manager where he managed and supervised several projects as Tank Farms Foundation Construction, Jetties, Seashore Protection (In-situ and Pre-cast) and Pilling for Capital Oil Nigeria limited and Integrated Oil Nigeria limited as major clients. He joined the academia in 2014 as an Assistant Lecturer and currently a PhD fellow in the Department of Geology at the Ebonyi State University. His research interest covers the sedimentology and stratigraphy of Nsukka and Imo Formations.
- PhD (In View)
- M.Sc. Petroleum Geology and Sedimentology (2006).
- B.Sc. Geology and Mining (2002).
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member, Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS).
- Member, Nigerian Association of Hydrogeologists (NAH).
- Member, American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG).
Course Code and courses Assigned to Teach:
- GLY 202: Introductory Geology ll
- GLY 304: Structural Geology ll
- GLY 306: Sedimentology ll
- GLY 305: Sedimentology l
- GLY 429
- FUTO (2014 – Date)
- Foundation System Nigeria Limited (2006 – 2010).
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- OKEKE, O.C, DURU OJINNAKA I.B, ECHETAMA, H.N, PASCHAL, C.C, EZEKIEL, C.J, OKOROAFOR, E.J. AND AKPUNONU E.O. (2016). GEOTECHNICAL GEOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF LATERITIC SOIL DEPOSITS IN PARTS OF OWERRI, SOUTHEASTERN NIGERIA FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION.INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCED ACADEMIC RESEARCH SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING PUBLISHING 2 ISSUE 7, P 5-19
- EKE, D.R.M, OPARA A.I, INYANG, G.E, EMBERGA, T.T, ECHETAMA, H.N, UGUWUEGBU, C.A, ONWE, E.M, ONYEMA, J.C, AND CHINAKA, J.C. (2015). HYDROGEOPHYSICAL EVALUATION AND VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT OF SHALLOW AQUIFER OF UPPER IMO RIVER BASIN, SOUTHEASTERN NIGERIA AMERICAN JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION SCIEP SCIENCE AND EDUCATION PUBLISHING 3 NO 4, P 125-136
- OPARA, A.I, EMBERGA, T.T, OPARAKU, O.I, ESSIEN, A.G, ONYEWUCHI, R.A, ECHETAMA, H.N, MUZE, N.E AND ONWE, R.M. (2015). MAGNETIC BASEMENT DEPTH RE-EVALUATION OF NARAGUTA AND ENVIRONS, NORTH CENTRAL USING 3-D EULER DECONVOLUTIONAMERICAN JOURNAL OF MINING AND METALLURGY SCIEP SCIENCE AND EDUCATION PUBLISHINGVOL. 3, NO 4, P 29- 42
- OPARA, A.I, UDOETE, R.L, EMBERGA, T.T., ECHETAMA, H.N, UGWUEGBU, I.E, NWOKOCHA, K.C, IJEOMA, K.C, CHINAKA, J.C AND ONYEMA, J.C. (2015). STRUCTURAL INTERPRETATION OF JOS BUKURU YOUNGER GRANITE RING COMPLEXES INFERRED FROM LANDSAT – TM DATA JOURNAL OF GEOSCIENCES AND GEOMATICS SCIEP SCIENCES & EDUCATION PUBLISHING 3: NO. 3, P56-67
- IBENEME, S., ECHETAMA, H.N., AMADI, C., DIOHA, E., EZEKIEL, J. AND NWACHUKWU, H.(2015). FIELD GUIDE OF DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY FIELD BOOK U & U PRINTS NIG. FIRST EDITION, P12-18