Mr Justin C. Ezekiel
Ezekiel Justin Chima holds Bachelor of Technology in Geology from the Federal University of Technology Owerri (2008), with first-class honour. He also holds an MSc in Oil and Gas Field Development Engineering from the China University of Petroleum (East China). He joined the Federal University of Technology Owerri as a Graduate Assistant in 2011. He has about six publications to his credit and has won several academic awards, amongst which include: University Award for the Best Graduating Student in the University, Federal University of Technology Owerri (2008); Dean’s Award for the Best Graduating Student in the School of Science, Federal University of Technology Owerri (2008); Principal’s Award, Best Serving NYSC Member (Batch A), Community Sec. School, Alode-Eleme (2010); etc. Before joining the Federal University of Technology Owerri, Ezekiel Justin worked as a Contract Staff at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), Nigeria (West), GIS-CAD Department (March 2010 – April 2011). Mr Ezekiel Justin has in addition to his academic qualifications, attended several conferences, training and workshops at both national and international forums.
Membership of Professional Societies
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
- Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE), an affiliate of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG).
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP, 1976 – 1979.
- INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED CHEMISTS OF NIGERIA, ICCON
- INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC ANALYTS OF NIGERIA , IPAN
Courses Assigned to Teach
34 YEARS OF UNIVERSITY TEACHING AND RESEARCH BOTH UNIVERSITY AND RESEARCH INSTITUTES.
Ezekiel Justin Chima is currently working on Flow in porous media, reservoir modelling and simulation, Carbon capture and storage in geological formations; Enhanced/Improved oil & gas recovery; Renewable (geothermal) energy mining and utilization. In his Master’s degree thesis, he worked on Screening of Gas Injection Techniques for Improved Oil Recovery in Low Permeability Reservoirs. Mr Ezekiel welcomes any research in the fields of Petroleum Geology, Structural Geology and Geophysics.
- Dexiang Li, Bo Ren, Liang Zhang, Justin Ezekiel, Shaoran Ren, Yujun Feng. CO2-sensitive foams for mobility control and channelling blocking in enhanced WAG process, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Volume 102, October 2015, Pages 234-243, ISSN 0263-8762. Elsevier Publishers. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cherd.2015.06.026.
- Liang Zhang, Justin Ezekiel, Dexiang Li, Jingjing Pei, and Shaoran Ren. Potential Assessment of CO2 Injection for Heat Mining and Geological Storage in Geothermal Reservoirs of China. Applied Energy, Volume 122, 1 June 2014, Pages 237-246, ISSN 0306-2619. Elsevier Publishers.http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2014.02.027.
- JianhuaRen, Liang Zhang, Justin Ezekiel, ShaoranRen, and ShangzhiMeng. Reservoir Characteristics and Productivity Analysis of Tight Sand Gas in Upper Paleozoic Ordos Basin China.Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, Volume 19, July 2014, Pages 244-250, ISSN 1875-5100. Elsevier Publishers.http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jngse.2014.05.014.
- Liang Zhang, Dexiang Li, Justin Ezekiel, et al. 2014. CO2 Geological Storage into a Lateral Aquifer of an Offshore Gas Field in the South China Sea: Storage Safety and Project Design. Frontiers of Earth Science.Higher Education Press & Springer.DOI 10.1007/s11707-014-0462-7.
- Ezekiel Justin, Ren Shaoran, Zhang Liang, Wang Yuting, et al. Displacement Mechanisms of Air Injection for IOR in Low Permeability Light Oil Reservoirs. International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology (still under revision).
- Ezekiel J.C., Onu N.N., Akaolisa C.Z. and Opara A.I. Preliminary Interpretation of Gravity Mapping over the Njaba Sub-basin of Southeastern Nigeria: An Implication to Petroleum Potential. Journal of Geology and Mining Research. Vol 5(3), pp. 75-78, March 2013. DOI 10.55897/JGMR2013.0171, ISSN 2006-9766.
- Justin Ezekiel, Yuting Wang, Yanmin Liu, et al., (2014). Case Study of Air Injection IOR Process for a Low Permeability Light Oil Reservoir in Eastern China. SPE Paper 172292, presented at the SPE Annual Caspian Technical Conference and Exhibition held in Astana, Kazakhstan, 12-14 November 2014, (both English and Russian versions are available).