Mr Odom E. Otombadi
Assistant Chief Technologist
Phone number: 08033242999
ODOM EUGENE OTOMBADI hails from Oparachi Ihitte in Ezinihitte Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State. After his primary and secondary school education, he proceeded to Benue Polytechnic Ugbokobo where he obtained his OND (1984) and HND (1988) respectively.
He later joined a Private Company Bi-water- Shellabear (A British Company) in Niger State 1990-2000 and Hold –Trade Drilling Company (Private Company) 2000-2004.
Presently, he works with the Federal University of Technology since 2005 as a Technologist in the Geology Department.
He has good communication skills, ability to deal patiently with difficult people, working with minimum supervision and leadership spirit, positive appearance, willingness to learn more and the ability to modify behaviour.
ODOM EUGENE OTOMBADI is a Christian happily married with Mrs Violet Odom blessed with four children 2 boys and 2 girls
- HND – Benue Polytechnic Ugbokolo 1986-1988
- OND – Benue Polytechnic Ugbokolo 1982-1984
- St. Patrick’s Secondary School 1980 (WAEC) June
- Obizi High School 1979 (WAEC) June
ODOM EUGENE OTOMBADI attended seminars and conferences with Certificates:
Basic Laboratory practice, Troubleshooting and Data Analysis using MatLab.
- Rudiments of scientific papers writing and publication,
- The role of computer software in teaching and learning
- The Ethical conducts in achieving the objectives of academic technologist. Sept. 2014
- The role of research skill in National Development
- Innovation and creativity
- The role of ICT skill in National development. Nov. 2015
First International Training Work Shop of the Institute of Erosion (IES)
- Effective watershed management for environmental Hazards control/mitigation in Nigeria February 2016
- The role of Technologist in Entrepreneurship Development at (FUTO) December 2016
- Second International Training workshop of the Institute of Erosion Studies (IES) Integrated Watershed Management. A tool for sustainable climate change, food and Erosion control. February 2017
- Theme: “Driving the Culture of Excellence: The place of the Technologist”. (FUTO) January 2019
- Advanced digital appreciation programme for the tertiary institution at (FUTO) September 2019.
He Worked with Biwater – Shellabear (Private Company) and hold trade drilling as a site Geologist.
Working presently in the Geology Department as a Laboratory Technologist for 15 years.