Prof. Kalu K. Ibe
Prof, K. K. Ibe holds a B.Sc. in Geology from the University of Nigeria Nsukka in 1978. He obtained his M.Sc. in Geophysics from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1982. Prof. K. K. Ibe got his PhD from the University of Jos in 1998 where he focused his research in Mineral Exploration/Mining Geology. He started his lecturing career at the University of Jos in 1990 and later transferred to Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO), in 2002. He is a renowned Geoscientist who has rendered external examination services to the University of Benin, University of Maiduguri, University of Calabar, Rhema University, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka etc. Prof. K. K. Ibe is a member of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (MNMGS), Council of Mining Engineers and Geoscientists (COMEG) and Society of Exploration Geophysicist. His research interest is in Hydrogeophysics.
- Ibe, K. K. and Akaolisa, C. C. Z (2008). Hydrogeological data as a tool for Exploration and mapping: A case study from Parts of Afikpo Basin, Southeastern Nigeria. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment DO 101007/S10661-068-0703X Springer Science and Business Media BV 2008.
- Ibe, K. K. and Akaolisa, C. C. Z. (2010): Geoelectrical investigation of Geologically controlled hydro-geophysical parameters in Item area, Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Physical Sciences Vol. 5 (4) P358 – 364.
- Zaborski, P. Ugodulunwa, F. X. O. Idornigie, A. Nnabo, P and Ibe, K. K. (1997). Stratigraphy and Structure of Cretaceous Gongola Basin, Southeastern Nigeria. Elf Exploration Production Paris, Pp 153 – 185.
- Ibe, K. K., Ajakaiye, D. E. and Ojo, S. B. (1985). Gravity International of the ZandaraYouner Granite ring complex, Journal of African Earth Science 3 (1/2).
- Ibe, K. K. and Ofukume, A. B. (2005). Marine origin of Nigerian Brimes – A Contribution from Recent Trace Elements Study, Global Journal of Geological Sciences Vol. 13 (1) 1-8.