Dr Mrs Costecia I. Onah
I AM DR (MRS) COSTECIA IFEOMA ONAH FROM EDE-OBALLA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE NIGERIA. I AM MARRIED TO MR BENNETH NWACHUKWU ONAH OF THE SAME PLACE AS ABOVE. THE MARRIAGE IS BLESSED WITH SIX CHILDREN (TWO MALES AND FOUR FEMALES). I HAD BSc IN PHYSIC, MSc IN PHYSICS AND PhD IN PHYSICS, ALL FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA. MY NEXT OF KIN IS ENGR COLLINS CHIDOZIE ONAH (SON) WITH PHONE NUMBER 0816 571 2338.
- PhD in PHYSICS, UNN, 2016
- M. Sc in PHYSICS, UNN, 2010
- B.Sc. in PHYSICS, UNN, 2005
Membership of Professional bodies
- Member, Astronomical Society of Nigeria (ASN) 2010 – date.
- Member, Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria 2011-Date.
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Physics 2013-Date.
- Member, Physics Writers Series Community (PWSC) 2011 – Date.
- Member, Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) 2013-Date.
- Member, Women in Physics (WIP) 2016 – Date.
- Member LOC in 7thInternational Conference of the Institute of Women, Gender and development, FUTO, (May 22nd– 25th, 2017)
- Member LOC, in 6th International Conference of the Institute of Women, Gender and Development, FUTO, (May 21st – 24th, 2018)
- PHY 101 General Physics I
- PHY 102 General Physics II
- PHY 201 Applied Electricity I
- PHY 204 Modern Physics I
- PHY 206 Waves and Oscillations
- PHY 207 Experimental Physics I
- PHY 208 Experimental Physics II
- PHY 212 Thermal Physics
- PHY 238 Introduction for Space Science
- PHY 301 Analytical Mechanics I
- PHY 303 Applied Electricity II
- PHY 307 Experimental Physics III
- PHY 308 Experimental Physics IV
- PHY 701 Classical Mechanics
- PHY 705 Electromagnetism
- PHY 714 Atomic and molecular spectroscopy
- PHY 732 Energy and Environmental Management
- PHY 849 Radiation Detection and Dosimetry
- PHY 853 Cosmology
- PHY 856 Radio Astronomy and Space Science Instrumentation
- PHY 859 Astrophysics Laboratory
- PHY 591 Project
- PHY 592 Project
- PHY 791/792 Project
- PHY 807 Seminar
- PHY 892 Project
- Full-time teaching in the Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- Post Held: Asst Lecturer – Date: 2011 – 2014
- Lecturer II – Date: 2014 – 2017
- Lecturer I – Date: 2017 – to date
University services in this University with dates:
- Mistress Departmental Library (2012 – date)
- Class Adviser Year 1 (2011 – 2012)
- Class Adviser Year 2 (2012 – 2013)
- Class Adviser Year 3 (2013 – 2014)
- Class Adviser Year 4 (2014 – 2015)
- Class Adviser Year 5 (2015 – 2016)
- Class Adviser Extra Year (2016 – 2017)
- Class Adviser Extra Year (2017 – 2018)
- Class Adviser Extra Year (2018 – 2019)
- Class Adviser Year 1 (2018 – 2019)
- Coordinator PHY 307 (2016-2017)
- Coordinator PHY 201 (2017 till date)
- Coordinator PHY 303 (2018-2019)
- Member, Departmental Board of Studies (2011 – date)
- Member, School Board of studies (2011 – date)
- Member, Departmental Board of Postgraduate (2016 – date)
- ASTROPHYSICS AND SPACE SCIENCE
- RENEWABLE ENERGY
- MEDICAL PHYSICS
- Onuchukwu, C. C., Ubachukwu, A. A. and Onah, C. I. (2018). Spectral Index/Linear Size Relation and quasar/galaxy Unification Model. Publication of Astronomical Society of Nigeria (PASN).
- Onah, C. I., Ubachukwu, A. A., Odo, F. C. and Onuchukwu, C. C. (2018). Evolution of Extragalactic Radio Sources and Quasar/Galaxy Unification. Revista Mexicana de Astronom´ıa y Astrof´ısica. 54, 271–279.
- Onah C.I., Mbamara U.S and Favour P.M. (2017). Design and Construction of a Three-Level Clearance Security System. Journal of Instrumentation Technology and Innovations.7(1): 7–19p.
- OnahC.I., MbamaraU.S.and Totty A.P. (2016). Design and Construction of Water Tank Monitoring and Control System with Digital Display.Journal of Instrumentation Technology and Innovations. 2016; 6(1): 23–42p.
- Onah C.I., Mbamara U.S. and Ebegbulem M.M. (2016). Design, construction and testing of solar-charged multi-USB power bank using lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Instrumentation Technology and Innovations. 6(1): 61–76p.
- C. I. Onah, A. A. Ubachukwu and F. C. Odo. (2014). On Asymmetries in Powerful Radio Sources and the Quasar/Galaxy Unification. JOAA, 35, 619. DOI: 10.1007/s12036-014-9311-z.
- C.C. Onuchukwu, A.A. Ubachukwu and C.I. Onah. (2014), On the Expansion Speed of Highly Asymmetric Extragalactic Radio Sources. NJSR, 12, 39.
- A.A Ubachukwu, J.A. Alhassan and C.I. Onah. (2014). A Qualitative Test for Relativistic Beaming Effects in Blazars. Nigerian Journal of Space Research, 12, 13.
- C.I. Onah and C.M. Ogudo (2014). Design and construction of a refracting telescope. International Journal of Astrophysics and Space Science.2 (4), 56-65. DOI: 10.11648/j.ijass.20140204.11.
- ONAH C.I. & OKEKE P.N. (2013). Construction and Installation of a Sudden Ionospheric Disturbances (SID) Monitor at Nsukka for monitoring Solar Flares. Research Journal of Earth and Planetary Sciences, 3(2), 38 – 49 published in Toronto, Canada, ISSN 1927-0542.
- ONAH C.I., ARINZECHUKWU K.C., ELEKWACHI F.I. (2013). Designing, Constructing and Testing of a 90cm Parabolic Satellite Dish using Fibreglass material. Research and Reviews: Journal of Space Science & Technology, 2, 2321– 6506 published in India, ISSN: 2321 – 2837.
- ONAH C.I. and ILOKA C.M. (2013). Construction of an Ultrasonic Pest Repeller. Research and Reviews: Journal of Space Science & Technology, 2, 1–15 published in India, ISSN: 2321 – 2837.