Mr Chukwudi J. Ofoegbu
- M.Sc. (Biochemistry) – 2008
- B.Sc. (Biochemistry) – 2002
- WASCCE – 1997
- Kaduna State Award for meritorious service (NYSC 2004)
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Courses Assigned to Teach
- STC 509 (Biochemistry of food and nutrition)
- STC 307 (Membrane Biochemistry)
- STM 503 (Principles of Epidemiology in Public Health)
- GLT 501 (Photography and Bio illustration)
- STC 304 (Biophysics)
- STC 314 (Bioenergetics)
- STC 306 (Genetics)
- STC 506 (Instrumental methods of analysis)
- 2010 – 2011: Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) Clinic, Imo State General Hospital, Okigwe;
- 2013 – 2014: Department of Biochemistry and Forensic Science, Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State;
- 2014 – Date: Department of Science Laboratory Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State.
- Environmental Biochemistry, Nutritional Toxicology,
- Phytochemistry, Environmental Microbiology,
- Food Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Genetics.
A. PUBLISHED PAPERS IN REFERRED JOURNALS
- **Ononamadu, C.J., Umeoguaju, U.F., Owolarafe, T.A., Udedi, S.C., Barau, M.M. and Ofoegbu C.J. (2015). In silico identification of putative drug targets in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a subtractive genomic approach. International Journal of Computational Bioinformatics and In Silico Modeling 4(1): 585-591.
- **C.C. Dike, I. Elekwa, H.C.C. Maduka, C.E. Ugwu, P.N. Ogueche and C.J. Ofoegbu. (2013). Biostimulation of Diesel Polluted Soil In Uturu-Abia State, Nigeria, Using Cattle Bone Powder. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology 5(6): 38-41
- **C.J. Ofoegbu, E.I. Akubugwo, C.C. Dike, H.C.C. Maduka, C.E. Ugwu and N.A. Obasi.(2013). Effects of Heavy Metals on Soil Enzymatic Activities in the Ishiagu Mining Area of Ebonyi State-Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology 5(6): 66-71
- **Dike, C.C., Elekwa, I., Ezeugwunne, I.P., Ofoegbu, C.J. and Obasi, N.A. (2012). Bioremediation of diesel polluted soil in Uturu, Abia State-Nigeria, using cattle-bone powder and NPK- fertilizer. Journal of Science and Technology Research. 11(4): 105-115
- **Akubugwo, I E., Ofoegbu, C.J., Dike, C.C. and Ugbogu, A.E. (2010). Effect of mining operations on the physicochemical properties and microbial diversity of soil from Ishiagu, Ebonyi State, Nigeria. Journal of Applied and Environmental Sciences. 6(1): 46 -51.
- **Akubugwo, E.I., Ofoegbu, C.J. and Ukwuoma, C.U. (2007). Physicochemical studies on Uburu Salt Lake, Ebonyi state, Nigeria. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences. 10(17): 3170-3174
B. CONFERENCE PAPERS
- **Ofoegbu, C.J., Akubugwo E.I., N.A. Obasi, Dike, C.C. and Aso, K.K. (2009). Effects of Heavy Metals on Soil Enzymatic Activities in the Ishiagu Mining Area of Ebonyi State-Nigeria.Proceedings of the Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. (Book of Abstract) Pp. 127.
- **Obasi, N.A., Chinyere, G.C., Akubugwo, E.I. and Ofoegbu, C.J. (2009). Changes in the Amino Acids Contents of Selected Leafy Vegetables Subjected to Different Processing Treatments. Proceedings of the Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. (Book of Abstract) Pp. 23.