Elechi Onyemachi is a lecturer in the Department of Statistics, Federal University of Technology Owerri. He had his primary, secondary and tertiary Education at Housing Estate Primary School Abakpa Nike Enugu, National Grammar School Nike Enugu and Federal University of Technology Owerri Imo State respectively. He obtained a B.Tech. and M.Sc.(both with first-class honours) in Mathematics & Computer Science and Statistics respectively from Federal University of Technology Owerri Imo State. Elechi is a professional Mathematician and Statistician who has over nine years of teaching experience in tertiary education. He is happily married to Melody and the union is blessed with three children.
- 2020 – PhD. in View
- 2017 – M.Sc. in Statistics (First Class Honours)
- 2010 – B.Tech. in Industrial Mathematics (First Class Honours)
- 2005 – National Diploma in Statistics (Distinction).
- 1993 –
National Grammar School, Nike, Enugu, Enugu State
- Best Graduating Student of Federal University of Technology (FUTO), Owerri, Imo State in 2009/2010.
- Best Graduating Student of the School of Science FUTO in 2009/2010.
- Best Graduating Student of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science FUTO in 2009/2010.
- Second Best Graduating Student of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Abia Polytechnic, Aba, 2004/2005.
- Member, Nigeria Mathematical Society
- Member, Nigeria Statistical Association
Code/course assigned to teach:
- STA706(Time Series Analysis),
- STA 501 (Distribution Theory),
- STA 516 (Time Series Analysis),
- STA411(Probability IV),
- STA 211(Introduction to Statistics),
- STA221(Statistical Inference II),
- STA223 (Laboratory for Statistical Inference II),
- STA212(Probability and Random Variable)
Nine years in teaching at FUTO.
Mathematical Statistics, Time Series Analysis, Probability Modelling.
- Iwueze, I.S., Arimie, C.O., Iwu, H.C. and Onyemachi, E. (2017). Some Applications of Higher Moments of the Linear Gaussian White Noise Process. Applied Mathematics, 8, 1918-1938. https://doi.org/10.4236/am.
- Arimie, C.O., Iwueze, I.S., Ijomah, M.A. and Onyemachi, E. (2018). On the Use of Second and Third Moments for the Comparison of Linear Gaussian and Simple Bilinear White Noise Processes. Open Journal of Statistics, 8, 562-583. https://doi.org/10.4236/ojs.