Harrison O. Amuji
Dr Harrison Obiora Amuji is a lecturer in the Department of Statistics, Federal University of Technology Owerri. He lectures both undergraduate and postgraduate students. He supervises the student’s research work. He is a researcher and has worked on so many areas of research in corroboration with other researchers within and out of his area of specialization. He had his primary education (FSLC) at the Community Primary School Ezema Olo, Secondary (SSCE) education at Amansiodo Boys’ Secondary School Oghe. He holds B.Sc. (Hon), M.Sc. and PhD degrees in Statistics (Operations Research) from the University of Nigeria Nsukka. Harrison is a registered member of the Nigerian Statistical Association (NSA). He has over thirteen years (13) years of lecturing experience. He has authored and co-authored over 12 technical papers and some university-based textbooks. He has served in some committees in the University (FUTO) from the departmental level to the School level. He is a course adviser to students in Science Laboratory Technology (SLT) where he is on secondment in addition to the department of statistics. He is currently the co-coordinator of the Center for Continuing Education (CCE) programme, Statistics department, FUTO. Harrison is happily married with children.
- PhD 2019 Statistics (Operations Research)
- M.Sc 2009 Statistics (Operations Research)
- B.Sc (Hon) 2004 Statistics
- SSCE 1996
- FSLC 1988
NIGERIAN STATISTICAL ASSOCIATION (NSA)
Code/course assigned to teach:
STA433, STA523, STA211
- FOUR (4) YEARS LECTURING EXPERIENCE IN THE POLYTECHNIC (Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri Imo State) 2010 – 2014
- SIX YEARS (6) YEARS LECTURING EXPERIENCE IN THE UNIVERSITY (Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State) 2016 – date
- FOUR (4) YEARS Part-Time LECTURING EXPERIENCE IN THE POLYTECHNIC (Institute of Management and Technology Enugu, Enugu State) 2006 – 209
- GDSS GIDANMADI TANGAZA L. G. A. SOKOTO STATE (NYSC) 2005 – 2006
OPERATIONS RESEARCH (OR)
- **Amuji, H. O. and Umelo-Ibemere, N. C. Application of Geometric Programming in Modelling of Solid Waste Products (Refuse): A Contribution in Combating Pollution, Uncontrolled Spending and Climate Change. Journal of the Nigerian Association of Mathematical Physics, Vol. 31, July 2015, Pp 409 – 412.
- **Amuji, H. O. and Umelo-Ibemere, N. C. Comparison of the Reliability of Dry Cell Batteries: A Case Study of Flash and Tiger Head Batteries. Journal of the Nigerian Association of Mathematical Physics, Vol. 31, July 2015, Pp 413 – 418.
- **Umelo-Ibemere, N. C and Amuji, H. O. Quantile Plots of the Prediction Variance for Partially Replicated Central Composite Design. Canadian Centre of Science and Education, Vol. 4(2), May 2015, Pp 55 – 60.
- **Ugwuanyim, G. U; Ogbonna, J. C. and Amuji, H. O. On Statistical and Methodological Inadequacies in“Using Financial Reporting to Enhance Partnership in Community Development”. FUTO Journal Series, Vol. 2 Issue 2, December 2016, Pp 145 – 159.
- **Amuji, H. O; Ugwuanyim, G. U; Ogbonna, C. J.; Iwu, H. C. and Okechukwu, B. N. The Usefulness of Dynamic Programming in Course Allocation in the Nigerian Universities. Open Journal of Optimization, Vol.6 No.2, December 2017, Pp 176 – 186.
- ** Amuji, H. O; Ogbonna, C. J.; Ugwuanyim, G. U; Iwu, H. C. and Okechukwu, B. N. Optimal Water Pipe Replacement Policy. Open Journal of Optimization, Vol.7 No.2, June 2018, Pp 41 – 49.
- ** Ogbonna, C. J. and Amuji, H. O. Analysis of the Impact of Treasury Single Account on the Performance of Banks in Nigeria. Open Journal of Statistics, Vol. 8 No.3, June 2018, Pp 457 – 467.
- ** Amuji, H. O; Ugwuowo, F. I; Chukwu, W. I. E and Uche, P. I (in press): A Modified Generalized Inverse Method for Solving Geometric Programming Problems with Extended Degrees of Difficulties: International Journal of Operational Research, http://www.inderscience.com/
- ** Amuji, H. O., Chukwuemeka, Etus and Ogbuagu, E. M. Optimal Classifier for Fraud Detection in Telecommunication Industry. Open Journal of Optimization, Vol. 8, 2019, Pp 15-31.
- ** H. O. Amuji*1, G. U. Ugwuanyim1 and K. E. Anyiam2. Application of Game Theory in Maintaining the Academic Standard in the Nigerian Universities. World Scientific News, Vol. 125, 2019, Pp 72 – 82.
- **H. O. Amuji*1, N. P. Olewuezi2, J. C. Iwuji3 and I. A. Chijioke4. Geometric Programming in the Design of Standard Laboratory for Students’ Practical Work. World Scientific News, Vol. 138 (2), 2019, Pp 285 – 294.
- **H. O. Amuji*1, N. P. Olewuezi1, D. E. Onwuegbuchunam2 and C. Igboanusi3. Sensitivity Analysis of the Negative Degree of Difficulty Geometric Programming Problem. American Journal of Operations Research, Vol.10 (1), 2020, Pp 13 – 23.