- Supervision/Productive Works
- Community Service
Research Interest: Crop Processing and Storage, Value addition, Post-Harvest and Bio-resources Technology.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- WASSCE – 2000. – Government Girls High School, Ipaja. Lagos. Nigeria
- Diploma in Computer Studies. 2002. – Danco Computer Institute, Agege, Lagos.
- B.Eng. – 2005. – Agricultural Engineering. FUTO
- M.Sc. – 2010. – Agricultural and Environmental Engineering (Crop Processing and Storage). University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
- PhD. (In View). – Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering, FUTO.
- Best Student. 1997. JSCE. Government Girls’ High School, Ipaja. Lagos. Nigeria
- Nominee. Excellent Performance. 1999 Cowbell Mathematics Competition Lagos State.
- Principal’s Prize Award. 2000. Government Girls High School, Ipaja. Lagos. Nigeria.
- Best Graduating Student. 2005 (Power and Machinery), Agricultural Engineering, FUTO.
- Award Winner. 2017. Nigerian Breweries Award for Young Agripreneurs.
RESEARCH WORKS/PUBLISHED PAPERS IN REFEREED JOURNALS
- Iroakazi, G.U. 2005. The design and construction of a motorized ginger slicer. (B.Sc. Project, FUTO)
- Iroakazi, G.U. 2009. The effect of air pollution on ‘ready-to-eat food items’ and the health implications. (M.Sc. A Seminar, U.I.)
- Iroakazi, G.U. 2010. The design, construction and performance evaluation of a manual ‘African oil bean seed’ slicer. (M.Sc. Project, U.I.)
- S.N. Asoegwu, G.U. Iroakazi, L.A.S. Agbetoye and A.S. Ogunlowo. 2011. ‘Effects of moisture content on the frictional properties of African Breadfruit seeds. Proceedings of the Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers. ‘Ilorin 2011’ vol32 pp 639-653.
- Aremu A.K. and Iroakazi G.U. 2013. Ergonomic evaluation of an African Oil bean (PentaclethraMacrophyllaBenth) seed www.science pub.net/rural (3)2
- Aremu A.K. and Iroakazi G.U. 2013. Development And Evaluation Of A Machine For Slicing African Oil Bean (Pentaclethramacrophyllabenth) Seeds. African Journal Online (18): 1-2.
- Asonye, G.U.; S.N. Asoegwu and O.H. Ohaeri. 2014. Effect of Moisture Content on some Physical and Frictional Properties of African Locust Bean (Pakiabiglobosa). Journal of Agricultural Engineering and Technology (JAET).22 (4): 24-37
- Asonye, G.U., E.C. Abbah and S. N. Asoegwu. 2014. Bio-Fuel for Sustainable Development In A Growing Economy. Journal of Agricultural Engineering and Technology. (JAET).22(4); 134-142
- K.N. Nwaigwe, V.C. Okafor, G.U. Asonye, J.C. Nwokocha. 2015.Analysis of Tuber Storage Techniques in Africa: 2015 American Society of Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering Annual International Meeting, 2015.
- Asonye G. U., Nnamani C. E., Alaka, C.A. 2015. Design and Fabrication Ofa Remote Controlled System fora, Hydraulic Jack. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (Irjet). Volume: 02 Issue: 07 | Oct-2015.
- Asonye G. U., S. N. Asoegwu, J. N. Maduako, C. N. Madubuike. 2018. Energy requirements for cutting of selected vegetables: A review.Agricultural Engineering International: CIGRJournal (Accepted for publication).
- Asonye G. U., S. N. Asoegwu, J. N. Maduako, C. N. Madubuike. 2018. A Mathematical Model for Predicting the Cutting Energy of Cocoyam (Colocasiaesculenta).Arid Zone Journal Of Engineering, Technology and Environment. (Accepted for publication)
- Asonye G. U., S. N. Asoegwu, J. N. Maduako, C. N. Madubuike. 2018. A Mathematical Model for Predicting the Cutting Energy of Okra(Abelmoschusesculentus L.) 12th CIGR Section VI International Symposium at International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan, Nigeria on 22-25 October 2018. (Accepted for presentation)
Minor Productive Works
- A manual can opener
- An electric bulb holder
- A smart lamp
- A vegetable grater
- A simple watering can
- Pot handlers
- Pine-apple juice extractor
- Remote controlled hydraulic jack
- A desiccant integrated dryer
SUPERVISION OF GRADUATE WORK
- Co-supervisor (2012) – Effect of moisture content on the frictional properties of African breadfruit seed
- Co-supervisor (2013) – Design and fabrication of a cassava peeling and washing machine
- Supervisor (2015) – Development of a remote-controlled hydraulic jack
- Supervisor (2016) – Development of a desiccant integrated convective dryer
- Supervisor (2017) – Comparative analysis of a desiccant integrated and non-desiccant Integrated convective dryer
- Supervisor (2018) – Development of an automated cutter for selected crops.
CONFERENCE AND LEARNED SOCIETY ACTIVITIES.
- Participant: The 3-day mandatory continuing professional education (MPCE)by the Nigerian Society of Engineers in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state. 2013
- Participant: ‘Ilorin 2011’11th International Conference and 32nd Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Institution Of Agricultural Engineers.
Paper delivered: Effect of Moistures Content on the Frictional Properties of African Breadfruit seed.
- Participant: Leadership workshop for FUTO STAFF by the APWEN, Owerri branch. 2011.
- Participant: Talk shop on Entrepreneurial Development in Agricultural Engineering by ABE, FUTO on Wed 22nd May 2013.
- Participant: Seminar on ‘Award Winning Research’ by the School of Agricultural and Agricultural Technology, FUTO- 2013.
- Participant: Seminar on US Government scholarship programme by US Consulate in Nigeria – 2013
- Participant: Carrier talk @ FutoInternationalSchool Owerri by APWEN – 11th June 2014.
- Participant: 3rd International Conference by the centre for Women, Gender and Development studies, FUTO. 28th – 31st July 2014.
- Participant: ‘FUTA 2014’, 15th International Conference and 35th Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers, 22nd – 26th September 2014.
Paper presented: Bio-fuel for Sustainable Development in a growing Economy.
- Participant: Land of Promise 2016, the International Engineering Conference of Nigerian Society of Engineers, 21st – 25th November 2016.
Active Membership Of Relevant Professional Bodies
- Member: Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers. (MNIAE)
- Member: Nigerian Society of Engineer(28,972)
- Registered Engineer: Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria. (R.27,824)
- General Secretary: Association ofProfessional Women Engineers of Nigeria, (OwerriChapter).
- Member: Departmental Handbook Committee (ABE), FUTO – 2012
- Member: Welfare Committee (ABE), FUTO – 2013 – 2016
- Member: Accreditation Sub-committee on Academic Content (ABE) – 2016.
- Member: Planning Committee for Student Orientation (ABE) – 2015, 2016, 2018
- Member: Quality Assurance Committee (ABE) – 2017
- Teaching of Undergraduate and Postgraduate(PGD) students, FUTO. – 2011 Till date
- Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate (PGD) Students, FUTO. – 2012 till date
- Agripreneur: Breeding and Processing of Snails(UNIQUE SNAIL FARM)
- Author: Novel Titled ‘NO HOPE IS LOST’For General Readership (Unpublished)
- Author: Revision Made Easy in Mathematics for Secondary Schools(Published)
- Author: ‘YOUR HANDWRITING IS YOU’ Book for General Readership.
- Author: ‘I FORGOT TO LIVE AND OTHER POEMS’ for General Readership.
- Organizer/Speaker – Women and Girls Groups Programmes on Gender-Related Issues.