Prof. Chimaobim N. Madubuike (Very Rev. Eng.)
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Eng., 1981, Agricultural Engineering, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria.
- M.Eng., 1985, Soil and Water Engineering, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria.
- Ph.D., 1994, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- 2000 outstanding scholars of the 20th Century, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England, 2000.
- 20th Century award of Achievement in Agricultural Engineering and Christian Works, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England, 2000.
- Madubuike C. N., and E. S. Umeobieri, 1999. \\\\\\\”Quality status of Irrigation water sources in Eleme: Case study of oil-producing areas of Nigeria\\\\\\\”. Tropical Journal of Environmental Research, Vol. l, No. 1. pp. 58-62.
- Madubuike C. N. and G. 0. Chukwuma, 2005. \\\\\\\”Soil Groups Relative Susceptibility to Erosion in Imo and Abia States of Nigeria\\\\\\\”. Nigerian Journal of Technology, Vol. 24, pp 94-99.
- Madubuike, C. N., 2005. \\\\\\\”The Sensitivity of Evapotranspiration Models to errors in Model Parameters.\\\\\\\” Nigerian Journal of Technology (NIJOTECH), Vol. 24 No 2. pp. 74-80. Sept. 2005.
- Madubuike C.N. and G.O. Chukwuma, 2006. \\\\\\\”A USLE soil erodibility factor model for Abia, Ebonyi an Imo states of Nigeria\\\\\\\”. International Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology, Vol. 3 No. 1, pp 24-34.
- Okereke N.A.A., C.N. Madubuike, and C.C. Uma, 2006. \\\\\\\”Seasonal quality status of groundwater for irrigation purposes in Imo State, Nigeria\\\\\\\”. International Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology, Vol. 3 No. 1, pp 1-14.
- Madubuike C. N., 2006. An Iso-erodent map of Imo and Abia States of Nigeria. International Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 4.
- Madubuike C.N. 2007. \\\\\\\’A pressure apparatus for the determination of porosity of unconsolidated agricultural materials\\\\\\\’ International Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology. Vol.4, No. 1. pp. 1-9.
- Madubuike C.N. 2007. \\\\\\\’Engineering properties of cubiterme termite mound soils and possible applications of the soil\\\\\\\’. International Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology. Vol. 4, No. 2. pp 1-8.
- Madubuike C.N., 2010. ‘Need and Potentials for supplemental irrigation in rainfall areas of Nigeria: A Case study of Imo, Abia and Ebonyi states of Nigeria’. International Journal of Tropical Agriculture and Food Systems, Vol. 4(1): 32-40.
- Madubuike C.N., E.I. Ejemeonu, I. Ibeziako, O.J. Iwunna, N.B. Iyoke, and B.I. Uzuakpundu, 2010 ‘Classification of surface water sources in Imo State for irrigation purposes with respect to salinity and sodicity’. International Journal of Tropical Agriculture and Food Systems, Vol. 4(1): 41-46.
- Research Associate, Erosion Research Centre (now Institute of Erosion Studies), FUTO, (1988- 1993).
- Chairman Committee for the design and Construction of runoff plots for erosion research studies, Dept. of Agricultural Engineering FUTO.
- Ag. HOD Agricultural Engineering Department 1994 – 2000
- Deputy Director. Institute of Erosion Studies, FUTO (1999 – 2000)
- Ag. Head of Department, Agric. Engineering (2000/2001. 2001 /2002).
- Director, Quality Assurance Unit, Office of the Vice-Chancellor (December 2010 till June 2012)
- Member, Nigerian Institution of Agricultural Engineers (M221)
- Member, Nigeria Society of Engineers (10,741)
- COREN registered (R. 12,602)
- Served in Demonstration Team on Bio-technical Measures for Erosion Control with the Cross River State Task Force on Erosion and Flood Control (October 1992).
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, Lecturer 2 in Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water), 1984-1987.
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Professor of Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering), 1987 to date.