As need for better understanding and development of processes control systems have proliferated and the value of mathematical modelling has become more widely noticed, many models have been developed for chemical, physical, biological, biomedical, etc processes. Consequently upon this, interest in mathematical modelling and its applications has increased. Engr. Ike’s research is concerned with the development of mathematical models of chemical, physical, biological, biomedical, etc processes and the general principles that can be utilized.
Many recent efforts has been made to the understanding of the static or dynamic behaviour of our processes, how they react to change in various inputs. Our ultimate goal is to develop a control system for the processes which will guarantee that the operational objectives of the processes are satisfied, optimizing their performance in the presence of ever-changing disturbances. In recent work, Engr. Ike and his co researchers have shown how a computer executive-aided simulation can be developed and used for these purposes.
One goal of our current research is the development of theoretical and experimental models of processes (chemical, physical, biological, biomedical, etc), utilization of the models in simulation of these processes in the search for the process improvements, design, control and optimization.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering- In View, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- M.Sc., 2010, Mathematics, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- M. Eng., 2008, Chemical Engineering, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu.
- B. Eng., 2001, Chemical Engineering, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu.
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE) , 2011
- Member, Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers (MNSChE) , 2008
- Member, African Material Research Society (MA-MRS) , 2009
- Member, Nigerian Mathematical Society (MNMS), 2010
- Member, Mathematical Association of Nigeria (MMAN) , 2010
- L.E. Aneke, I.S. Ike and K.B. Oyoh “Computer-Aided Material Balance Calculation of Processes with recycle Streams using the Initial Zero Recycle Method”. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 5(2):119-124, 2010.
- L.E. Aneke, I.S. Ike and K.B. Oyoh “Manual and Computer-Aided Calculation of the Energy Balance of Processes with Recycle Streams”. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 5(2):112-118, 2010.
- I.S. Ike, B.C. Udeh, L.E., Aneke, and K.B. Oyoh “Production of Organic (Carboxylic) Acids from coals through liquid-phase oxidation of coals: A route for utilization of low rank coals”. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 6 (2):109-113, 2011.
- I.S. Ike, G.C.E. Mbah and B.C. Udeh. “Linear approximation approach for solving non-linear chemical process models: A case study of non- isothermal Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor, CSTR”. Global Journal of Engineering and Technology vol.3, No.3, 393-404, 2010.
- I.S. Ike and L.E. Aneke. “The Computer Executive-Aided Simulation of Chemical Plants: A case study of the Synthesis of cumene”. Global Journal of Engineering and Technology. Vol. 4, No. 2, 145- 154, 2011.
- B.C. Udeh and I.S. Ike. “Unwrapping the myth about the concept of plug flow via the principle of fluid mechanics ”. Global Journal of Engineering and Technology vol.3, No.3, 513-518, 2010.
- I.S. Ike ,“Process Design of a Chemical plant to produce 2.7×105 metric tonnes per annum of styrene by alkylation of benzene and subsequent dehydrogenation of ethyl benzene”. Article in press with the Global Journal of Engineering and Technology. Accepted on August 20, 2011.
- Lecturer I, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 2013.
- Assistant Lecturer, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, 2009-Date.
- Admiral Overseas Nigerian limited, Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, P.H, Rivers State, 2005.
- Process Engineer: Process Monitoring of performance of each units of the refrigeration system (Cold room).