With the heightened socio-economic and industrial activities, waste generation in the form of solid, liquid and gas has equally escalated with the resultant pollution and other environmental problems, hence the need to control them.
Recently Dr. Orga was able to draw an analogy from modeling and optimization of waste treatment systems involving large flowsheet, to some other large flowsheet systems that need efficient/optimal control of activities/processes, to equally developing effective tools for their efficient management, including “human systems” such as “Simulated Flowsheet Models for (i) e- [General Students’/Course Registration, Semester Course Registration and Results Processing; including Statement of Results’/Transcript]” & (ii) e- [monitoring, supervision, control and assessment of Nigerian Universities by NUC]
Dr. Orga’s research is concerned with developing effective modules for waste treatment/control systems. Thus he has deployed tools and developed new ones for modeling and simulating these processes/systems(mainly gaseous and liquid effluent treatment systems) for optimal control.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD in Chemical Engineering (Mathematical Modeling)Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria (2008)
- Masters’ Degree in Chemical Engineering University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos(1993)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Petrochemical Eng.Tech. Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria (1987)
- (WAEC/GCE O’LEVEL) with Grade One. St. Vincent’s Secondary School, Agbogugu, Enugu State, Nigeria (1982)
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) with credit. St. John’s Primary School, Agbogugu, Awgu L.G.A, Enugu State, Nigeria (1977)
Research fellowship Grant, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria on Spent Engine Oil Research.
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Nigerian, Society of Chemical Engineers (1993 – till date)
- Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers (1999-till date)
- COREN Registered Engineer(R.9080)
- A.C Orga, I.A.Njiribeako, K.B.Oyoh, E.E.Effiong “Empirical Modeling and Optimization of a Novel Spent Engine Oils Regeneration Process” Journal of Research in Engineering, vol.3, no.4, pp54-61, IRDI, Nov.2006.
- I.A.Njiribeako, A.C.Orga”Raw Material Potentials of Used Automotive Engine Oils” Inter-World Journal of Science and Technology, vol1,no.2 pp10-21
- I.A.Njiribeako, A.C.Orga”Effect of Process Parameters on the yield of Sludge during Used engine Oil Regeneration” Inter-World Journal of Science and Technology, vol1, no.2 pp223-227.
- I.A.Njiribeako,J.U.Ozurumba, A.C.Orga “Newsprint Paste ink from asphaltic resins” The Nigerian Production Engineer, vol.1,no.2, pp14-40,ISSN 1117-5893-1
- A.C.Orga, K.B.Oyoh”Gas Based Industrialization: Panacea for Natural Gas flaring in Nigeria, Inter-world Journal of Science and Technology”, Durson Associates, Owerri, 2001
- SIWES Coordinator, Chem. Eng(1999-2002)
- Member, Dept. Board of Studies (1994 till date)
- NSChE FUTO Students’ Chapter Staff Adviser/Coordinator(2008- till date)
- Coordinator, Postgraduate Diploma Programmes(PGD),Chem. Eng(2008-till date)
- Member, SEET Board of Studies (1994 till date)
- Member, Congregation (1994-till date)
- Member, SIWES Commitee(1999-2002)
- Coordinator, Dept. Welfare Commitee(2003-2006)
- Member, Board of the Post Graduate School, PGD Programmes FUT. Owerri (2008-till date)
Senior Lecturer, Federal University of Technology, Owerri