Mr. Onyema is a Graduate Assistant in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Department. He holds a Bachelor’s degree (First Class Honours) from the same department with specialization in Power Systems Engineering and intends to pursue a Master’s degree in Control Systems and a Ph.D in Power and Control Engineering abroad. He was the best graduating student of the department in 2010. Mr. Onyema is experienced in softwares such as MATLAB, Simulink, Assembly Language, SimPowerSystems, Psim, CorelDRAW etc. His dedication, hardwork and leadership qualities have earned him several awards both locally and nationally. Mr Onyema has held several positions of responsibility, among which are:
- NYSC-Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Coordinator, Amassoma, Southern Ijaw LGA, Bayelsa State, 2011-2012.
- Senior Prefect, ArmyDay Secondary School, Port Harcourt.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Eng in EEE/PSE, FUTO
- Onshore/Offshore Health, Safety and Environment, 2011.
- Embedded Systems training, 2012.
Membership of professional bodies
- Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) 2012.
- Professional member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2013
- Izuegbunam F.I., Nduka O.S, Nwaichi H.O, Oguanya K.I, Simulation of synchronous generator load angle measurement for a machine to infinite bus system using SimPowerSystems tool, International Journal of Engineering, Volume 4, pp585-594, Dec. 2010.
- Izuegbunam F.I., Nduka O.S, Nwaichi H.O, Oguanya K.I, Simulink Simulation of Synchronous Generator Load Angle Estimation via Linearized Rotor Dynamic Equation, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 6, Number 7 (2011) pp. 1411-1424.
- Teaching Assistant (NYSC), Niger Delta University, Bayelsa State, 2011-2012.
- Trainee Engineer, Power Holding Company of Nigeria, Diobu District, Port Harcourt, 2009.