Prof. Sammy O. E. Ogbogu
Ogbogu S. O. E. is a Chartered Electrical Engineer who is currently a Professor of Power and Control Engineering in Electrical Electronic Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. He is an external examiner in both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a good number of universities in Nigeria. He has to his credit a few books in Control Engineering and Basic Electrical Electronic Engineering as well as Power Electronics and Motor Control. He is also a visiting professor to some universities. He has supervised and produced a number of PhD candidates. He has been in the accreditation team for both COREN and NUC to a few high institutions.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Tech University of Bradford, United Kingdom. (1981)
- M.sc University of Bradford, United Kingdom. (1981)
- PhD University of Bradford, United Kingdom. (1986).
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Nigeria Society of Engineers
- Member, Institute of Electrical Engineering, U.K.
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineers (USA).
- Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria.
- Associate Member, Institute of Measurement and Control
- Factors Affecting Electromagnetic Stirring of Molten Metal. Inter-Research Journal in Engr. Sc. And Tech (IREJEST) Vol.4 No.2 2007.
- Systems and Control Engineering. Text Book. 2006.
- The Stability Region in Crude Oil and Gas Separation Process. Journal of Environmental Management and Education, Vol.2 No.1 August 2005.
- Automatic Control Systems for Engineers. Text Book. 2004. Evaluating the Technology of Building a Small Wind Machine. African Journal of Engineering Research Vol. 1 No. 1 and 2, 2003.
Maintenance Engineer Ugo Chemical Industries, Onitsha. Instrument/Electrical Engineer NEPA, Ogorode, Sapele. Electrical Supervisor, Nigermike Limited, Warri.