Engr. Dr Lazarus O.Uzoechi
Dr Lazarus O. Uzoechi is a lecturer 1 in the Electrical/ Electronic Engineering department. He is interested in the repositioning of the Nigerian power sector through system reforms. He has attended many national and international conferences, seminars and workshops. Also, he has published in local and international journals. Dr Uzoechi likes reading, travelling, and making friends.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Eng(1998) Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Power System Engineering major),
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO). M.Sc. (2006) Electrical Power Engineering,
- PhD (2011) Electrical/Engineering, Tennessee TechnologicalUniversity, Cookeville, Tennessee, United States of America (USA).
Best Research Award winner, Tennessee Tech University, USA, 2011 Students Research Day.
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE).
- Member, Institute of Electrical/Electronic Engineers (IEEE). Member,
- National Society of Black Engineers.
- UzoechiLaz., Okafor E.N.C. and Chukwudebe G. A.,? Evaluation of transmission line parameters for effective investment in a deregulated Nigerian power market? International Conference and Exhibition on Power Systems, University of Lagos, 2007, pp. 153-159.
- Laz. Uzoechi, E.N.C. Okafor and G. A. Chukwudebe,? Analysis of transmission line performance characteristics for effective investment in a deregulated Nigerian power market? Advances in Science and Technology, vol. 2, No. 1, March/ April 2008, pp. 23-30.
- Robalino D.M., Kumar G., Uzoechi L.O., Chukwu U.C., and Mahajan S.M., ‘Design of a docking station for solar charged electric and fuel cell vehicles,’ IEEE International Conference on Clean Electrical Power, Capri Italy, Aug. 2009, pp. 655 – 660.
- L.O. Uzoechi, and S.M. Mahajan, ‘Atransient stability constrained, line-flow-based fast contingency screening and power flow evaluation,’ International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems, Berkeley, USA, (Submitted 2011 and accepted for publication in 2012).
- L.O. Uzoechi, S.M. Mahajan, and G. Radman, ‘Transient stability constrained line-flow-based optimal power flow analysis,’ International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems, Berkeley, USA, (Submitted 2011 and accepted for publication in 2012).
Had training in MATLAB/SIMULINK, customized electric power system software packages like PowerWorld Simulator, NEPLAN, MS Office, etc. Trained at the Shell Special Intensive Training Program (SITP/1), Engineering Specialization (Oil & Gas).