Mrs Akajiaku Linda Oluchi (Nee Udeozor)
Lecturer II (Department of Food Science and Technology)
Linda Oluchi Akajiaku is a Food Technologist and a Lecturer II in the Department of Food Science and Technology, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State Nigeria.
She had her B.Sc. Honours degree in Food Science and Technology from Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria in 2007, M.Sc in Food Technology from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria in 2012 and currently on her PhD programme in the Department of Food Science and Technology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Umuahia, Nigeria.
She has worked in the food industry as a production supervisor at Mosmmera Guest Palace Water Treatment Plant, Lafia, Nassarawa State. She is a member of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) and was a member of the Local Organizing Committee of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) 39th AGM/Conference in 2015.
Linda has also served as a member in Food Safety Services (Nigeria) Ltd / Royal Life Saving Society, Imo State Chapter (in the period of 2009- 2015).
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Sc. Honours degree in Food Science and Technology, Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria, in 2007
- M.Sc. in Food Technology, University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria in 2012
- PhD in Food Science and Technology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria (In view).
Membership of professional bodies
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (Member).
- Nigeria Institute of Management [Chartered] (Member).
- Food Processing Technology
- Food Preservation
- Food Storage Stability Studies
- The nutritional and Chemical composition of underutilized and lesser-known food crops – seeds and nuts
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Food Product Development
- Food Packaging Technology.
Teaching and Professional Experience
She assumed duties in the Department of Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria in 2011. She has over 5years of teaching experience in the tertiary Institution. During this period, she supervised not less than 5 undergraduate research projects and engaged in teaching Undergraduate courses.
- Serah O. Alagbaoso, Justina N. Nwosu, Ijeoma .M. Agunwa, Njideka E. Njoku, Linda O. Akajiaku, Chioma N. Eluchie. (2016). Effect of Some Thermal Processing Techniques on the Anti-nutritional Factors of Canavalia plagiosperma Piper Seeds. American Journal of Food Science and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 1: 7-13.
- Kabuo, N.O., Asoegwu, S.N., Nwosu, J.N., Onuegbu, N.C., Akajiaku, L.O. and Nwaimo, J.C. (2015). Assessment of Leaf-Type and Number of Leaves used in Wrapping on the Quality of “Ugba” (Fermented Pentaclethra Macrophylla Benth Seed). European Journal of Food Science and Technology.Vol.3(1): 11-23.
- Odimegwu, E.N, Nwosu, J.N, Umelo, M.C, Olawuni, I.A, Akajiaku L.O and Oga, B.N. (2015). Effect Of Processing on the Proximate and Functional Properties of “Akparata” (Afzelia Africana) Flour. European Journal of Food Science and Technology.Vol.3(1): 48-60.
- O. Kabuo, S. N. Asoegwu, G. C. Omeire, E. N. Bede, A. I. Peter-Ikechukwu, L. O. Akajiaku, and C. V. Nwanesi. (2015). Effect of Leaf-Type on the Nutritive and Organoleptic Properties of Ogiri-Egusi (Fermented Citrullus vulgaris) Seeds. Asian Journal of Agriculture and Food Sciences. Vol.3(1): 61-67.
- E. Uzoukwu, C. N. Ubbaonu, R. O. Enwereuzor, L. O. Akajiaku, M. C. Umelo, and S. O. Okereke. (2015). The Functional Properties of Plantain (Musa sp) Flour and Sensory Properties of Bread from Wheat – Plantain Flour as Influenced by Blanching Treatments. Asian Journal of Agriculture and Food Sciences. Vol.3(1: 1-12.
- Agomuo, J.K, Alaka, I.C, Akajiaku, L.O, and Taiwo, M. (2015) Effect of Traditional Methods of De-bittering on the Proximate and Vitamin Contents of Fresh and Squeezed-Washed Bitter Leaf. International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences. Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 103-110.
- Akajiaku L. O, Nwosu J. N, Onuegbu N. C, Njoku N. E, Egbeneke C. O. (2014). Proximate, Mineral and Anti-Nutrient Composition of Processed (Soaked and Roasted) Tamarind (Tamarindus Indica) Seed Nut. Curr Res Nutr Food Sci; 2(3): 136-145.
- Agomuo J. K, Alaka I. C, Akajiaku L. O. (2014). Microbiological Status of Soymilk- Fruit Juice Drink as Affected by Orange and Pineapple Juice Replacement. Curr Res Nutr Food Sci; 2(3): 153-158.
- Agomuo, J. K., Ehirim, F. N. and Akajiaku, L.O. (2014). Effect of Orange and Pineapple Fruit Juice Replacement on Proximate and Sensory Attributes of Soymilk- Mixed Fruit Juice Drink. Asian J. Agric. and Food Sci; 2(6):469-477.
- Akajiaku, L.O., Nwosu J. N., Odimegwu, E.N., Alagboso, S.O. and Uzoechi, J.C. (2014). Influence of Sprouted Pigeon Pea (Cajanus cajan) Flour Inclusion on Sensory Quality of Moin-Moin. The Intl. J.Sci. & Tech.; 2(12): 122-129.
- Kabuo, N.O., Onuegbu, N.C., Nwosu, J.N., Peter-Ikechukwu. A.I., Udeozor, L.O., and Howells-Nworie, I.C. (2014). Effects of Sugars on the Drying of Some Local Fruits and their Importance on Baked Products-Bread and Cake. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology. Vol.8 (30):99-106.
- Awonorin S.O. and Udeozor, L.O. (2014). Chemical Properties of Tiger nut-Soy Milk Extract. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology. Vol.8 (30):87-98.
- Udeozor, L.O. and Awonorin S.O. (2014). Comparative Microbial Analysis and Storage of Tigernut- Soy Milk Extract. Austin Journal of Nutrition and Food Science. Vol.2 (5): 1-6.
- Nwosu, J.N., Udeozor, L.O., Ogueke, C.C, Onuegbu, N.C, Omeire, G.C., and Egbueri, I.S. (2014). Extraction and Utilization of Pectin from Purple Star-Apple (Chrysophyllum cainito) and African Star-Apple (Chrysophyllum delevoyi) in Jam Production. Austin Journal of Nutrition and Food Science. Vol.1 (1): 1-6.
- Kabuo, N.O., Udeozor, L.O., Onuegbu, N.C, Nwosu, J.N., and Eme, M.U. (2013). Effect of Wrapping Materials on the Proximate Composition and Organoleptic Properties of Usu (Indigenous Meat Analogue) Produced from Big Mushroom (Lentinus Tuber-Regium) and Melon Seed (Colocynthis citrullus L). International Journal of Food and Nutrition Science. Vol.2 (1): 38-46.
- Udeozor, L.O. (2012). Tigernut-Soy Milk Drink: Preparation, Proximate Composition and Sensory Qualities. International Journal of Food and Nutrition Science. Vol.1 (4): 18-26.
- Nwosu, J.N., Ezegbe, C.C., Omeire, G.C., Ahaotu, I., Owuamanam, C.I, Udeozor, L.O. (2012). Evaluation of the Proximate properties of the Seed and Physicochemical properties of the Oil of Chinese Fan Palm (Livistona chinensis). International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. Vol.1 (4): 304-312.
- Nwosu, J.N., Ahaotu, I., Ayozie, C., Udeozor, L.O., Ahaotu, N.N. (2011). The Proximate and Functional Properties of African Yam Bean (Sphenostylis sternocarpa) Seeds as Affected by Processing. NIFOJ. Vol.29 (2):39-48.