Mrs Chioma Nwaobiara Eluchie
Assistant Lecturer (Department of Food Science and Technology)
BIOGRAPHY OR PROFILE
Chioma Eluchie assumed duties in the Department of Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria, in 2009. She is an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Food Science and Technology. She earned her B. Tech. Honours degree in Industrial Microbiology in 2004 and her master’s degree in Food and Industrial Microbiology from Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria, in 2015. She is working towards her PhD degree at the Federal University of Technology Owerri, Department of Microbiology.
She has worked in the Pharmaceutical Industry as the in-process officer in CPL Industry Limited. She is a member of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST), and Nigerian Society of Microbiology (NSM). She was a member of the Local Organizing Committee of the Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) 39th AGM/Conference in 2015.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- B.Tech. Honours degree in Industrial Microbiology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria, in 2004
- M.Sc. In Food and Industrial Microbiology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria, in 2015
- PhD. in Food and Industrial Microbiology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria ( in view).
- Enzymes in Biotechnology
- Fermentation Technology
- Food product Development
- Enzyme Hydrolysis and molecular breakdown in food.
- Dehydrogenase activity in micro-organism
- Exogenous Enzyme Application Technology
TEACHING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
She has more than 8 years of teaching experience in the institution.
Mrs Margret Nwaiwu award for the best graduating student in the Department of Industrial Microbiology, 2004
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (Member)
- Nigerian Society of Microbiology (Member)
- Eluchie C.N., Oranusi, S; Akujobi, C.O, and Alagbaoso, S.O., (2016). Effect of phytol on Dehydrogenase Activity of Bacterial Isolates from Grilled Meat. American Journal of Food Science and Technology4, No. I, Pp.1-6.
- Njoku, N.E; Ubbaonu, C.N; Alagbaoso, S.O; Eluchie, C.N. and Umelo, M.C. (2015). Amino acid profile and oxidizable vitamin content of synsepalum dulcificum berry (miracle fruit) pulp. Original research 3, No.3 Pp252-256.
- Alagbaoso, S.O; Nwosu, J.N; Agunwa, I.M; Njoku, N.E; Akajiaku, L.O; and Eluchie, C.N. (2006). Effect of some Thermal Processing Techniques on the Anti-nutritional factors of canavalia plagiosperma piper seeds. American Journal of Food Science and Technology, vol.4, No.1, Pp7-13.
- Alagbaoso, S.O; Nwosu, J.N; Njoku, N.E; Umelo, M.C; Eluchie, C. and Agunwa, I.M. (2015). Effect of processing on the Nutritional and Anti-nutritional properties of Canavalia Plagiosperma Piper Seeds. European Journal of Food Science and Technology 3, No.3, Pp.45-69.
- Peter –Ikechukwu, A., Omeire, G.C., Okafor, D.C; Eluchie, C., Odimegwu; N.E., Nze, S.N., Anagwu, F.I and Okeke, K.C (2015). Assessment of the Quality of Borehole Water Sample in Federal Housing Estate and Sites and Services Areas of Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. Food Science and Quality Managemen Vol. 42.No. Pp5-12.
- Power-Ikechukwu, I.A., Olawuni; .I., Osobie, C.C., Odimegwu, N.E; Uzoukwu, E.A and Eluchie, C. (2015). Effect of wrapping materials on chemical and Microbiological qualities of fermented melon seed (Citrullus Vulgaris L. series). Analytical Chemistry An Indian Journal 15, No12. Pp 74-82.
- Eluchie C.N., Njoku, N.E., Alagbaoso, S.O., Umelo, M.C., Peter Ikechukwu, A.I and Amandikwa, C (2015), Effect of Phytol on Bacterial Isolates from Grilled Meat. European Journal of Food Science and Technology Vol.3, No.15, Pp 1-14.
- Peter-Ikechukwu, I.A., Kabuo, N.O, Alagbaoso, S.O, Njoku, N.E., Eluchie, C.N and Momoh, W.O. (2016) Effect of wrapping materials on Physico-chemical and Microbiological Qualities of fermented Melon seed (Citrullus Colocynths L.) used as condiment American Journal of Food Science and Technology, vol.4, No. I Pp 14-19.
- Alagbaoso, S.O., Nwosu, J.N., Njuko, N.E., Ojukwu, M., Okafor, D.C and Eluchie C.N (2015). Growth Performance and haematology of albino rats fed varying inclusions of autoclaved Canavalia Plagiosperma Piper Seed Meal based diets. American Journal of Food and Nutrition. Vol.5, No.2, Pp 35-48.
- Njoku, N.E, Ubbaonu C.N., Alagbaoso, S.O., Agunwa I.M and Eluchie, C.N. (2016). A proximate, Anti-nutritional and Phytochemical composition of the yellow variety of Synsepalum dulcificum (Miracle Fruit) Berry. American Journal of Food Science and Technology. Vol. 4, No.4. Pp 102-108.
- Umelo, M.C, Odimegwu E.N, Uzukwu, A.E, Eluchie, C.N., Nwachukwu, C.N., Nwaobi C.C., Amaraegbulem, K.U., and Nwakwalam N.C. (2014). Effect of Pasteurization on the Physicochemical, Nutritional and sensory properties of watermelon (Citrullus Lanatus) European International Journal of Applied Science and Technology. Vol. 1 No. 6.
- Nweke, C.O., Ntinugwa C., Obah I.F., Ike, S.C.., Eme G.E.., Opara, E.C., Okolo J.C. and Nwanyanwu C.E. (2007). In vitro Effects of Metals and Pesticides on Dehydrogenase Activity in Microbial Community of Cowpea (Vigna Unguiculata) African Journals of Biotechnology Vol.6 (3), Pp.290-295.
- Umelo, M.C., Nsofor, A.E, Akajiaku, I.O., Odimegwu, E.N., Uzoukwu, A.E., Agunwah, I.M., Eluchie, C.N., Alagbaoso, S.O and Njoku, N.E.(2014). Effect of Different Dough Improvers on the Proximate Composition, Minerals, Vitamins and Sensory Properties of Wheat bread. International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology. Vol 1. No 3.
- Uzoukwu, A.E, Olawuni, I.A, Ojukwu, M, Odimegwu, N., Agunwah, I.M. and Eluchie, C. (2015). Microbiological status of mixed fruit juice preserved with different concentrations of Sodium Benzoate. International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences 4 No 2, Pp 94-99.