Dr (Mrs) Julian Chidi Ibeabuchi (Nee Mbaoje)
IBEABUCHI, JULIAN CHIDI has BSc, MSc and PhD degrees in Food Science and Technology. She is actively involved in research at both national and international levels. She is a member of the Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST), Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN), Organisation for Women in Science and Development (OWSD).
Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD (2016) Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- M.Sc. (2004) Federal University of Technology, Akure
- B.Sc (1998) Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- WASC O’Level(1988)| Akokwa SecondaryTechnical School Akokwa.
Membership of professional bodies
- Member Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST)
- Member, Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN).
- Food Product Development and Value Addition of Indigenous Crops
- Fermentation Technology
- Food Product Development
- Value Addition of Indigenous Crops.
- Member, SEET Board of Studies 2005-Present
- Member, FST Board of Studies 2005-Present.
Teaching and Professional Experience
Assumed duties in the Department of Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria in 2005. Engaged in teaching Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses as well as supervision of students’ projects and research. The courses taught include: Food Product Development, Food Fermentation, Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Food Laws and Standards, among others
Primary Teaching Area
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Senior Lecturer, Federal University of Technology, Owerri | 2016 – Date
- Lecturer 1 Fed. Uni. of Tech. Owerri | 2012-2016
- Lecturer 11 Fed. Uni. of Tech. Owerri | 2008 – 2012
- Assistant Lecturer, Fed. Uni. of Tech. Owerri | 2005 – 2008.
- Ngozi O. Kabuo, Moses Ojukwu, Gloria, Omeire and J.C Ibeabuchi (2015). Extraction and Preservation of Cashew Juice Using Sorbic Acids. American Journal of Food Science and Technology Vol. 3 No. 2 pp 48-51.
- Okafor, D. C.; Enwereuzoh, R.O.; Ibeabuchi, J. C. Uzukwu, A.E.; Alagboso, S. O.; and Udenkwo, C (2015). Production of Flour Types from Black Bean (Phaseolus Vulgaris) and Effect of pH and Temperature on the Functional and Physicochemical properties of the flours. European Journal of Food Sciences. Vol. 3 No. 2 pp 64-84.
- Uzoukwu, A. E.; Ubbaonu, C.N.; Peter-Ikechukwu, A.I.; Ibeabuchi, J.C., Okafor D. C. and Okorie I.G (2015). Effects of treatment methods on the proximate composition and the anti-nutritional components of normal and late harvest trifoliate yam (Dioscorea dumentorium). World Journal of Agronomy, Food Science & Technology. Vol. 2 No.1 pp1-14.
- Nwosu, J. N.; Odumegwu, N. Ofoedu, C. F.; Ibeabuchi, J. C; Olawuni, I.A. and Ikeli K. (2014). Evaluation of the Proximate and Anti-nutritional Qualities of ihu (Dioscorea dumentorium). International Journal of Life Sciences. Vol. 3 pp 92-104.
- Ibeabuchi, J.C., Olawuni, I.A., Iheagwara, M.C., Ojukwu, M. and Ofoedu, C.E. (2014). Microbial and Sensory evaluation of ‘iru’ and ‘ogiri-isi’ as compared with commercial ‘ogiri’ samples. International Journal of innovative research and studies. Vol. 14(9) pp 163-168.
- Ibeabuchi, J.C., Olawuni, I.A., Iheagwara, M.C., Ojukwu, M. and Ofoedu, C.E. (2014). Microbiological Evaluation of ‘iru’ and ‘ogiri-isi’ used as food condiments. IOSR Journal of Environmental Sciences, Toxicology and Food Technology 8(1):45-50.
- Ijeoma Olawuni, Charles C. Osobie, Daniel Ebiringa, Chinyere Amandikwa, Chidi J. Ibeabuchi, Anthonia E. Uzoukwu (2014). Effect of pH and temperature on selected functional properties of flour samples and protein isolate of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) seeds.Analytical Chemistry An Indian Journal 14(7) pp 247-258.
- Ibeabuchi, J.C. (2014). Proximate and functional properties of raw and fermented bottle gourd seed(Lagenaria siceraria) International Journal of Biotechnology and 2(4) pp 82-87.
- A.I. Peter-Ikechukwu, N.C. Ihediohanma, Bede and J.C. Ibeabuchi (2014). Effect of physical characteristics of polyethene materials on preservative free plantain chips stored at ambient temperature, Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 13(12): 716-721.
- Ibeabuchi, J. C. and Olawuni, I. (2011). Isolation and Identification of Spoilage Fungi Associated with Rice (Oryzea sativa), Millet (Pennisetum americanum) and Soybean (Glycine max) International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development 14 (2): 614-618.
- Ibeabuchi, J. C. (2012). Microbial and Physico-chemical Changes in Processed Cashew Nuts Stored in Different Packaging Materials. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development 15 (2): 1119-1128.
- Uzegbu, J. O. and Ibeabuchi, J. C. (2012). Investigation of the Effectiveness of Charcoal as a Food Preservative. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development 16(2):1463-1469.
- Ojukwu, M; Olawuni, I.A; Ibeabuchi, C; Amandikwa, C (2012). Physical, proximate and functional properties of ‘Nsama’ A local variety of African yam bean (sphenostylis steocarpa) grown in southern states in Nigeria, African Journal of Food Science and Technology 3(10) pp260-267.
- Olawuni, I; Ojukwu, M Iwuno, Amandikwa, C; Ibeabuchi, C; Kpaduwa, S (2013). Effect of pH and Temperature, Functional physic-chemical properties of asparagus bean (Vigna sesquipedalis) flours. International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences Vol. 2. No. 1 Pp1-16.
- Ibeabuchi, J. C; Ojukwu, Moses and Olawuni, Ijeoma (2013). Comparative study of proximate and sensory qualities of iru powder, ogiri powder and iru-ogiri blend. Natural products, an Indian Journal 9(7) pp 288-293.
- Olawuni I Ojukwu, M. Nwakaudu, A. Ibeabuchi, C. Ahaotu, N.N. Onyeneke, E. N and Igboanugo, C. O. (2013). Effect of pH and temperature on functional and physic-chemical properties of African yam bean (Sphenostylis stenocarpa) flour. International Journal of Agriculture and Food Science. ISSN 2249-8516.