Dr Ngozi Ogechukwu Kabuo (Nee Anyadike)
The need to process indigenous crops into semi-finished products, finished products, ready to eat products with increased shelf life and value addition has necessitated Dr Kabuo’s researches. There is also a need to preserve these crops during seasonal glut when post-harvest losses are very high, which discourages farmers as the produce does not attract sustainable income to them. These problems are solved by product development which preserves the produce (as they are converted to finished goods with increased shelf life); encourages farmers to boost production of the produce as their earnings are enhanced, as well as value addition and hence food security.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD (2008) | Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- M.Sc. (1997) | Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- B.Sc. (1988) | Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- WASC O’Level(1978) | Queen’s College, Enugu.
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST)
- Member, Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN)
- Member, Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN)
- Fellow, Institute of Human and Natural Resources
- Food Product Development and Value Addition of Indigenous Crops.
Primary Teaching Area
- Food Processing Technology
- Senior Lecturer, – Federal University of Technology, Owerri | 2009 – Date
- Lecturer I, – Federal University of Technology, Owerri | 2004 – 2009
- Lecturer II, – Federal University of Technology, Owerri | 2001 – 2004
- Asst Lecturer, – Federal University of Technology, Owerri | 1999 – 2001
- N. O. Kabuo, N. Onuegbu, J. N. Nwosu, A. I. Peter-Ikechukwu and C. O. O. Kabuo 2011. Utilization of Tender Pigeon Pea (Cajanus Cajan L. Mill sp) as Vegetable in Preparation of Rice Dish. Proceedings of the Annual Conference and AGM. Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) Makurdi October 10th 14th. PP. 147-148
- A. I. Peter-Ikechukwu, N. O. Kabuo, G. C. Omeire and E. N. Bede 2011. Effects of Thickness of Polyethylene Packaging Materials on Proximate Composition of Plantain Chips Stored at Ambient Temperature. Proceedings of the Annual Conference and AGM. Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology, (NIFST), Makurdi, October 10th to 14th, pp 262-623.
- J. N. Nwosu, N. C. Onuegbu, N. O. Kabuo and M. O. Okeke, 2010. The Effect of Sleeping with Chemicals (Alum and Trona) on the Proximate and Functional Properties of Pigeon Pea (Cajanus Cajan) Flour. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 9(8): 762-768.
- N. C. Onuegbu, I. I. Adedokun, N. O. Kabuo and J. N. Nwosu, 2011. Amino Acid and Micronutrient Composition of the African Pear (Dacryodes edulis) Pulp. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition. 10 (6): 555 – 557.
- Ngozika Onuegbu, Uchenna Nwosuagwu, Ngozi Kabuo, Justina Nwosu and Ngozi of Ube (Dacryodes edulis) at Different Stages of Fruit Development. Nature and Science, 9(9) 71-75.
- Kabuo, N. O. (2007). Production, Evaluation and Storage Stability of Whole Wheat Specialty Bread. Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Science. NSN. 28(1): 163-169.
- Kabuo, N. O., Uzuegbu, J. O., Ubbaonu, C. N., Onyeka, E. U. (2007). Preliminary Investigation on Flavour Compounds Contributed by Microorganisms during Three Days Fermentation of Ugba. Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Sciences NSN. 28(2).149-153.
- Kabuo, C. O. O., Kabuo, N. O., Ubbaonu, C. N., and Osueke, J. C. (2004). Enhancing the Quality Activity of Sundried Crude Papain. International Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development (IJARD). Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria, 4:120 – 123.
- Kabuo, C. O. O, Kabuo, N. O. and Iwuamadi V. K (2003). Effect of Solar Drying on Yield and Quality Characteristics of Oil from Avacado Pear, J. of Agric and Food Sci. 1(1): 41-45.
- Kabuo, N. O., Kabuo, C. O. O., Opara A. C. (2003). Enrichment of Bread and Cake using African Breadfruit (Treculia Africana). Nutrition Society of Nigeria. Book of Proceedings. Paper 20. pp 139-141.
- Kabuo, C. O. O., Kabuo, N. O. and Ehirim, F. N. (2003). Food Processing Technology: A Tool for Food Security and Child Survival. Nutrition Society of Nigeria. Book of Proceedings. Paper 2. pp 41-46.
- Uzuegbu, J. O. and Kabuo, N. O. (1999). Exploring the Potentials of Utilizing Cocoyam as Carbon Source in Ethanol Production. J. Applied Sci. 2(1):320-330.
- Uzuegbu, J. O., Kabuo, N. O. and Eeji C. (2001). Food Microbiology Laboratory Manual. Osprey Publication Centre, Owerri, Nigeria.
- Kabuo, C. O. O. and Kabuo, N. O. (2007). Meat Processing and Preservation. In: Issues in Tropical Animal Science for Rural Development. Editors: Ekenyem, B. U. and Madubuike, F. N. Fegno Press, Enugu. Pp. 248-283.