A Graduate Assistant
- B.Tech 2007, Food Science and Technology Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria.
- M.Sc 2015. Food Science and Technology Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria.
- Food Technology
- Beverage and Brewing Technology
- Food value chain analyst
Malting of different tropical cereals for suitability in brewing. An in-depth study on the utilization of soybeans. Formulation of beverage blends as functional foods. Effects of different processing methods on Food Composition and Nutrition, Analysis of foods.
Positions and Employment
An Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Food Science and Technology
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Member, Nutrition Society of Nigeria
Research work/ Publications
- Ojukwu, M, Ahaotu, N.N, Ukwuoma, C and Iwouno, J.(2014). Effects of kinning temperature on the malting quality of sorghum( sorghum bicolor) In Proceedings of the 38th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Insitute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) Lagos, October 2014. Pg. 76
- Ihediohanma, N.C, Okafor, D.C, Ofoedu, C.E, and Ojukwu, M (2014). Carotene content of three cultivars of Xanthosoma agittifolium. In Proceedings of the 38th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Insitute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) Lagos, October 2014. Pg. 244
- Onuegbu N.C, Nworah, K.O, Essien, P.E, Nwosu, J.N and Ojukwu, M (2013). Proximate, Functional and anti-nutritional properties of boiled Ukpo seeds(Mucuna flagellins) flour. Nigerian Food Journal Vol.31. No. 1 pp 1-5
- Iwouno, J. O. and Ojukwu M. (2012).Effects of experimental variables on the malting quality of Nigerian yellow maize (zea Mays), farz27 variety. African Journal of Food Science and Technology Vol. 3(10) pp. 252-259
- Olawuni, I, Ojukwu, M, Iwouno, J.O, Amandikwa C, Ibeabuchi, C, Kpaduwa, S (2013)Effect of pH and Temperature on Functional Physico-chemical Properties of Asparagus bean (Vigna sesquipedalis) Flours. International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences Vol. 2 (1). Pp. 1-16
- Olawuni, I.A, Ojukwu, Moses and Eboh, Bright. (2012) Comparative Study on the Physico-chemical Properties of Pigeon Pea (Cajanus cajan) flour and protein isolate. International Journal of Agriculture and Food Science. 2(4): 121-126
- Nwosu J. N, Ojukwu M, Ogueke C. C, Ahaotu I, and Owuamanam C. I. (2013).The Antinutritional Properties and Ease of Dehulling on the proximate Composition of Pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) as Affected by Malting. International Journal of Life Sciences Vol.2.(2.) Pp. 60-67
- Olawuni I, Ojukwu, M, Nwakaudu,A, Ibeawuchi C, Ahaotu, N.N, Onyeneke, E.N and Igboanugo, C. (2013)Effect of pH and Temperature on Functional and Physico-chemical Properties of African Yam Bean (sphenostylis stenocarpa) Flour . International Journal of Agriculture and Food Science. 3(1): 34-38
- Ojukwu,M, Olawuni, I.A, Ibeabuchi, C, Amandikwa,C( 2012) Physical, proximate and functional properties of ‘Nsama’ A local variety of African yam bean (sphenostylis stenocarpa) grown in southern states in African Journal of Food Science and Technology Vol. 3(10) pp. 260- 267.
- Nwosu, J.N, Owuamanam, C.I, Onuegbu, N, Ogueke, C.C., and Ojukwu, M. (2012). The Antinutritional properties of African Yam Bean (Sphenostylis sternocarpa) as affected by chemical treatment. International Journal of Life Sciences Vol.1 (3). Pp. 79-86
- Onuegbu N. C., Ihediohanma N.C., Odunze O. F and Ojukwu M.(2013). The efficiency of wheat: maize composite flour as affected by a baking method in bread and cake production. Sky Journal of Food Science Vol. 2(8), pp. 005 – 013
- Ojukwu, M, Osuji, C.M, Ogueke, C.C and Ahaotu, N.N (2015) Microbial Profile of Soymilk Whey/Pineapple Juice Blend. EC Nutrition 1.3: 155-163.
- Nwosu, J. N, Ndukauba, O. E., Olawuni, I.A., Okafor, D.C., Enwereuzoh, R.O., and Ojukwu, M (2015). The Mineral and Vitamin Compositions of Black Walnuts using Roasting, Toasting and Cooking. International Journal of Life Sciences Vol. 4. No. 2. Pp. 58-65
- Onuegbu N.C., Nwuka M. U., Ojukwu, M. and Kabuo, N.O. (2016) Nutritional Properties of African Pear Seed and Performance of Defatted Cake in Poultry Feed Formulations. International Journal of Life Sciences. Vol. 5 No. 3. 2016. Pp. 149-151
- Abuajah, C. I., Ogbonna, A. C., Onwuka, N. U., Umoren, P. E. and Ojukwu, M. (2016) Effect of varietal differences and germination period on some malting and brewing potentials of new improved sorghum varieties (SAMSORG17, SAMSORG14, and SAMSORG40) from Nigeria. International Food Research Journal 23(4): 1600-1608