Mrs Euphresia Nkiru Odimegwu
Lecturer II (Department of Food Science and Technology)
Euphresia Nkiru Odimegwu is a Food Technologist and an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Food Science and Technology, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State Nigeria.
She had her B.Sc. Honours degree in Food Science and Technology from Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria in 2001, M.Sc in Food Science and Technology from Imo State University Owerri, Nigeria in 2010 and currently working on her PhD programme in the Department of Food Science and Technology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Umuahia, Nigeria.
She is a member of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) and was a member of the Local Organizing Committee of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST) 39th AGM/Conference in 2015. She is also a member of the Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN). She is currently a member of the Organisation of Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD).
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B.Sc. Honours degree in Food Science and Technology, Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria, in 2001
- M.Sc. in Food Science and Technology, Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria, in 2010
- PhD in Food Science and Technology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria (In view)
Membership of professional bodies
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (Member).
- Nutrition Society of Nigeria (Member)
- Food Processing Technology
- Food Preservation
- Food Product Development
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Food Packaging Technology
- The nutritional and Chemical composition of underutilized and lesser-known food crops – seeds and nuts
She assumed duties in the Department of Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria in 2013. She has over 3 years of teaching experience at the tertiary Institution. She has been engaged in teaching Undergraduate courses as well as supervision of undergraduate research projects.
- Odimegwu, E.N., Nwosu, J.N., Umelo, M.C., Olawuni, I.A., Akajiaku, I.O. and Oga, B.N. (2015). Effect of processing on the proximate and functional properties of “Akparata’’ (Afzelia Africana) Flour. European Journal of Food Science and Technology. 3(1):48-60.
- Uzoukwu, A.E., Olawuni, I.A., Ojukwu, M., Odimegwu, N., Agunwah, I.M. and Eluchie, C. (2015). Microbiological Status of Mixed Fruit Juice Preserved with different concentrations of Sodium Benzoate. International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 4(2):94-99.
- Igwe, k., Ofoedu, C.E., Okafor, D.C., Odimegwu, E.N., Agunwah, I.M. and Igwe, V.S. (2015). Comparative Proximate Analysis of Some Green Leafy Vegetables from Selected Communities of Rivers and Imo State, Nigeria. International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 4(2):55-61.
- Peter-Ikechukwu, Anne, G.C., Omeire, D.C., Okafor, C., Eluchie, N.E., Odimegwu, S.N., Nze, F.I., Anagwu and K.C, Okeke (2015). Assessment of the Quality of Borehole Water Sample in Federal Housing Estate and Sites and Services Areas of Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. Food Science and Quality Management. 42:5-12.
- Peter – Ikechukwu I. Anne, Olawuni, Ijeoma, Osobie C. Charles, Odimegwu, N. Euphresia, Uzoukwu, E. Anthonia and Eluchie, Chioma (2015). Effect of wrapping material on Chemical and microbiological qualities of fermented melon Seed (Citrullus Vulgaris L. Series). Analytical Chemistry: An Indian Journal. 15(2):074-082.
- Ojinnaka, M.C., Odimegwu, E.N and Chidiebere, F.E (2016). Functional Properties of flour and starch from two cultivars of aerial yam(Dioscorea bulbifera) in South East Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science. 9(8):22-25.
- Ojinnaka, M.C., Odimegwu, E.N. and Chidiebere, F.E(2016). Comparative study on the Nutrient and Antinutrient Composition of the Seeds and Leaves of Uziza(Piper guineense). IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology.10(8):42-48.