As the use of local foods are becoming limited in the urban areas. Olawuni Ijeoma’s research interest is aimed at proving that these local foods are very beneficial and should not be relegated by studying their functional and beneficial properties. One goal of the current research is that these local foods can function well in food systems.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B. Tech. 1995, Food Science and Technology, FUTO.
- M.Sc 2006, Food Science and Technology, FUTO.
- Ph.D 2016,
Area of Specialization
Food Processing and Engineering
Oyo State scholarship for post graduate studies in the UK (1982)
Membership of professional bodies
- Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (Fellow).
- Institute Of Public Analyst of Nigeria (Member).
- Nutrition Society of Nigeria (Member).
- Osuji, I.A and Uzomah, A. (2007). Physiochemical properties, culinary and functional properties of a lesser known variety of cowpea seeds “Akidi Elu” Int J. Agric. Rural Dev. 2007, 10:7-14.
- F.O Uruakpa, I.A Osuji and E.O Banigo (2006). Dehulling treatment impact on the sensory/nutritional characteristics of African Yam Beans (Sphenostylis stenocarpa). 2006 IUFOST Congress in Nantes France.
- F.O Ukuakpa, I.A Osuji and Uduak, E. (2010). Characterization of three varieties of Nigerian brown cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) seeds. Safe and healthy food: harvesting the science. 2010 Canada Institute of Food science and technology/Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. Conference.
- Ibeabuchi C. and Olawuni, I. (2011). Isolation and identification of spoilage fungi associated with rice (Oryzae sativa) Millet (Pennisetum americamum) and soybean. Int. J. Agric and Rural Development, 2011. 14 (2): 614-618.
- Olawuni, Ijeoma (2011). Physical, Chemical, Functional and Sensory properties of the white variety of African Yam Bean (Sphenostylis sternocarpa). Int J. Agric and Rural Development 2011. 14(2): 619-626.
- Durunna, A.I and Osuji, I.A. (2005). The effect of three dehulling wet treatments on the sensory quality of moin-moin made form Africa yam beans (Sphenostylis sternocarpa). In proceedings of the 29th Annual Conference of Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology, pp 173-174.
- Osuji, I.A. and Durunna, A (2005). Comparative study on the efficiency of three wet dehulling methods for African yam bean (Sphenostylis sternocarpa). In proceedings of the 29th Annual Conference of Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology, pp 175-176.
- Uzomah, A. and Osuji, I.A. (2005). Chemical Composition and physicochemical properties of a rare variety of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata) as affected by storage time and processing. In proceedings of the 29th Annual Conference of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and technology, pp 181-182.
- Nwakaudu, A.A., Olawuni, I.A. and Nwakaudu, M.S. (2007). Performance profiles of selected coagulants used in H2O treatment. In proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology. pp 20-21.
- Osuji, I.A And Uzomah, A. (2006). Effect of NaC1 ionic strength on the gelation and foaming capacity of “Akidi Elu’ (Vigna unguiculata) flour. In proceedings of the 30th Annual Conference of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology. pp 276-277.
Food Processing and Engineering
- Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSDW Formerly TWOWS) (Member/President FUTO Chapter).
- National Treasurer and member of the National Council of the Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology in 2000-2002 and a
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Nigerian Food Journal (NIFOJ) (2000 till date) and currently the Deputy Editor-In-Chief.