Ngozika C Onuegbu has BSc, MSc and PhD degrees in Food Science and Technology. She is actively involved in research at both national and international levels. She is a member of the Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST), Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN), Organisation for Women in Science and Development (OWSD), International Food Data Systems (INFOODS), Nigerian Food Data Systems (NIFOODS), Consultative Committee on Biofortification for improved Nutrition organised by WHO/FAO. State Committee on Food and Nutrition.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- BSc. 1987, Food Science and Technology, Imo (now Abia) State University Uturu, Abia State, Nigeria
- MSc. 1991, Food Science and Technology, University of Nigeria Nsukka, Nigeria.
- PhD, 2004, Food Science and Technology Federal University of Technology Owerri, Nigeria.
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Member, Nutrition Society of Nigeria
- Member, Third world Organization for Women in Science.
- Onuegbu N.C (1997): The effects of malnutrition on brain development among children. Journal of Review in physical, Health Education and Recreation (JRPHER) 3 (1) 58-65
- Onuegbu N.C (1998): The effects of processing on haemmaglutinating activity of Lima bean (Phaseolous lunatus). Journal or Review in physical Health Education and Recreation (JRPHER) 4 (1) 79-84.
- Onyemaobi G.A and Onuegbu N.C. (2000): Highlights on Vitamin A deficiency in Southern Nigeria. African Journal of Science and Technology 1 (2) 170-174
- Onuegbu N.C and Onyemaobi G.A (2001): Vitamin A deficiency in Nigeria. Journal of Sustainable Tropical Agricultural Research 2, 84-92
- Onuegbu N.C (2001): The role of women towards providing adequate nutrition in the rural community. Occupation and Training 1 (1) 37-43
- Ubbaonu C.N Onuegbu N.C., Banigo E.O. I and Uzoma A. (2003): Physico-chemical changes in Ubene (Maesobotrya barteri) berries during fruit development. Nigeria Food Journal 21, 151-154
- Ubbaonu C.N., Onuegbu N.C Banigo E.O. I and Uzoma A (2005) Physico-chemical changes in velvet tamarind (Diallium genuineness Wild) during fruit development and Ripening. Nigeria food Journal 23 133-138.
- Onyeka E.U., Onuegbu N., Onuoha N.U. and Ochonogor F. (2005): Effect of Extraction pretreatment on the Composition and Characteristics of seed and pulp Oil of African Black Pear (Dacryodes edulis) Nigerian Food Journal 23, 13-20.
- Onuegbu N.C (2006): Total Cyanogen content of Garri from South-Eastern Nigeria. Cassava Cyanide Disease Network (CCDN) News (8) P2-3.
- Onuegbu N.C (2007): Some properties of market samples of Garri from Owerri, Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Science 28(2) 177-180
- Onuegbu N.C., Onyeka E.U. and Agbayi (2007): Evaluation for the potentials of African pear pulp and pulp oil in bread manufacture. Nigerian Food Journal 25(2):171-175
- Onuegbu N.C. and Ihediohanma N.C.(2008): Some proximate analysis of African pear (Dacryodes edulis). Journal of Applied Science and Environmental Management. 12(1):83-85
- Nwosuagwu U.H., Onuegbu, N.C. and Nkwoala, C. (2009): The chemical properties of African pear pulp at different stages of development. International NGO Journal 9 Pp380-385
- Nwosu, J.N., Onuegbu, N.C., Kabuo, N.O. and Okeke M.O.(2010): The effect of steeping with chemicals (alum and trona) on the proximate and functional Properties of Pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) flour. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 9(8):962-968
- Onuegbu, N.C., Iwuoha, C.I., Owuamanam, C.I. and Ihadiohanma N.C. (2011): Effect of boiling solution (trona) concentration and time on the proximate composition and physico-chemical properties of flour from three-leaved yam (Dioscorea dumetorum) tubers. African Journal of Food Science 5(1):1-5
- Onuegbu N.C., Adedokun, I.I., Kabuo, N.O. and Nwosu J.N. (2011): Amino acid profile and micronutrient composition of African pear (Dacrodes edulis) pulp. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition. 10(6):555-557
- Adedokun I.I. and Onuegbu N.C. (2011): The physical properties of pulp and chemical characteristics of edible oil extracted from pulp of African pear (Dacyodes edulis). Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 10(6): 558-560
- Nwosu J.N; Ogueke, C.C., Owuamanam, C.I. and Onuegbu N. (2011). The effect of storage Conditions on the proximate and rheological properties of soup thickener Brachystegia enrycoma (Achi). Report and Opinion 3(5):52-58
- Onuegbu N.C., Ubbaonu C., Ajoku N. and Ihediohanma N.C. (2011); Effect of Developmental Stages on some Maturity Parameters of Plantain. Nature and Science 9(9):68-70
- Onuegbu N.C., Nwosuagbu U.C., Kabuo N.O., Nwosu J.N. and Ihediohanma N.C. (2011). The Physical Properties of Ube (Dacryodes eclulis) at different Stages of Fruit Development, Nature and Science 9(9): 71-75
- Onuegbu, N.C., Ihediohanma N.C., Okorafor U.C. and Nwankwere, A.C. (2011): Evaluation of the Potentials of African Pear (Dacryodes edulis) Pulp as an ingredient in biscuit-making. Nigerian Food Journal 29(1): 78-82.
Determination of bioactive compounds in indigenous foods and their behaviour/properties under different processing conditions. Flavour profiles and identification of flavour. Determination of impact of ingredients in the flavour of foods.
Assumed duties in the Department of Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria in 2002. Engaged in teaching Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses as well as supervision of students’ projects and research. The courses taught include: Total Quality management in the Food Industry, Sensory evaluation of Foods, Organoleptic Properties of Foods, Experimental Nutrition, Food Chemistry and Food Analysis.