Umelo Munachiso Chukwuma assumed duties in the Department of Food Science and Technology (FST), FUTO, Owerri in 2014. He is an Assistant Lecturer in the same Department. He earned his B.Tech. Degree (Year 2000) in FST from FUTO, His Master’s of Science in the same Department and Institution (year 2006). He is also working towards his Ph.D in the department of FST- FUTO.
He has worked in Industries as Production Manager and Assistant Production Manager in water bottling company and wine and distilleries industries respectively. He obtained a Diploma Certificate in Computer Appreciation, Desktop Publishing and the use of internet in May 2000 and a Certificate in Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institution (ADAPTI) in FUTO, June 2016. He was a Staff Adviser of students of Imo State University, a post he held till his resignation, and during this time exposed his students to various industries for practical experience such as Ama Breweries (NBL) Enugu, Flour Mills Port-Harcourt, and Coca-Cola Company Owerri Depot. He equally served as member of Local Organizing Committee of NIFST and ASUU National Executive Council Meeting (NEC) Conferences held in Owerri. He is member of Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST).
Academic and Professional Qualification
- B. Tech. Honours Degree in Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State- Nigeria, in 2000.
- M Sc. in Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Technology , Owerri 2006.
- Ph.D in Food Science and Technology, FUTO, Owerri (in view)
Membership of professional bodies
- Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology – NIFST (Member)
- Member, European Centre for Research Training, and Development (UK 2833)
- Brewing and Beverage Technology
- Fermentation Technology
- Process Engineering
- Food Product Development
- Exogeneous Enzyme application Technology
- Food Machinery
- Post Harvest Preservation Technology
- Food Glycemic Index
He has more than 10 years of teaching experience having taught for more than 1 year in Post Primary Education, about 8 years at Imo State University, Owerri and presently at FUTO from 2014 till date.