Emmanuel Enyioma Anyanwu, PhD joined the faculty at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri in 1990 and is currently a Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Dean of the School of Engineering and Engineering Technology SEET. He has continually contributed to Mechanical Engineering through teaching and creative research activities in absorption/ adsorption solar refrigeration, solar systems for residential buildings, bioreactors to produce biofuels from wastes, among others; and provision of academic leadership at different levels in the University.
To date, Prof. Anyanwu has graduated ten(10) PhD students. Many of them hold senior tenure positions in Universities and Industries; one is a Director /CEO. of Projects Development Institute, Enugu, Nigeria.
Prof. Anyanwu has published more than 70 Scientific Papers: Including about 40 articles in archival journals, seven chapters in books and others in refereed conference proceedings.
He is a fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, FNSE, and has served the society variously as a member of Codes and Standards committee (2010-2011), Engineer of the Year Award Committee (2010-2012) and 2012 Annual NSE Conference Technical Committee and registered by the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN). He is also Fellow of the Solar Energy Society of Nigeria, FSESN and currently serves on the Board of Fellows of the Society.
An ASME member, Prof. Anyanwu received (with Dr. N.V. Ogueke) an award of the Best Paper in 2005 ASME Conference (Solar Heating and Cooling Track) held at Orlando Florida, USA.
Prof. Anyanwu received his bachelors and Masters degrees in Engineering Physics (Nuclear Option) and Mechanical Engineering (Applied Energy) from the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) Ile-Ife, Nigeria and the Cranfield Institute of Technology (now Cranfield University), England in 1981 and 1986 respectively. He earned his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1997. Prof. Emmanuel Enyioma Anyanwu is happily married to Dr. (Mrs) Nnennaya Patience Anyanwu, with whom he has four lovely children: Munachimno, Kosidichinma, Odera and Osinachi.
- Work Experience
- Community Service
- Research Interest
The University of Nigeria Nsukka, PhD in Mechanical Engineering (Specializing in Energy and Power) May 1997
Cranfield Institute of Technology, M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering (Specializing in Applied Energy) (Now Cranfield University United Kingdom) - June 1986
The University of Ife, B.Sc. (Hons) Second Class Upper Division in (Now Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Nigeria, Engineering Physics (Nuclear Engineering Option) - June 1981
College of the Immaculate Conception Uwani, Enugu, Nigeria, - West African School Certificate (WASC)Division One, June 1975
St. Brigid’s Primary School Asata Enugu - First School Leaving Certificate - (FSLC) 1970
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES/ORGANIZATIONS
♦ Member, Solar Energy Society of Nigeria (SESN) 1989 – Date
♦ Member, International Association for Solar Energy Education (IASEE) - 1993-Date
♦ Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) Reg.No.06513 - 1993-Date
♦ Member, International Energy Foundation (IEF) 1994-Date
♦ Member, New York Academy of Sciences 2000-Date
♦ Duly registered by the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) With Reg. No. R11249 - 2005
♦ Member American Society of Mech Engineers (ASME) Reg.No.1001109312 - 2011
♦ Member, International Solar Energy Society - 2014
♦ Department of Mechanical Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri - April 1990-Date (Present Status: PROFESSOR)
♦ Department of Mechanical Engineering, Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Uwana Afikpo (Lecturer II) - Oct.1987-March 1990
♦ Nine months as Engineer with Imo State Ministry of Works and Transport under the Federal Government Public Works Programme - Jan.-Sept.1987
♦ Federal University of Technology, Yola 1982-Aug.1984 (Graduate Assistant)
♦ National Youth Service Corps (University 1981-Sept.1982 of Jos, Nigeria as Graduate Assistant)
Teaching, research and Public (Community) Services experiences at tertiary institutions’ levels since 1981:
Teaching & Research Experience
- ♦ At the University of Jos, Nigeria (1981-1982) as Graduate Assistant during my National Youth Service Corps Programme. Conducted tutorials and laboratory practicals in Physics for Years I & II students.
- ♦ At the Federal University of Technology, Yola (FUTY) (1982-1984) taught courses and conducted laboratory practical including Engineering Drawing, Thermal Physics, and Fluid Mechanics.
- ♦ At Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana (1987-1990) taught a variety of courses including Engineering Thermodynamics, Refrigeration, Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, etc.
- ♦ At the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, April 1990-Date, taught a variety of courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including Heat & Mass Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Drying Engineering, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Industrial Studies, Pollution Control Systems, etc.
- ♦ Supervision of over one hundred and fifty students in their Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate degree research projects in Mechanical Engineering, out of which six were Masters (Energy and Power) and eight were PhD (Energy & Power).
University administrative experiences at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri at the levels of University Governing Council, Dean, School of Engineering&Engineering Technology, Dean Student Affairs, HOD Mechanical Engineering and member of several Committees.
- ♦ Responsibilities as Dean, SEET include the academic and administrative head of the School with over 500 academic and support staff. SEET currently comprises nine departments: Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Food Science & Technology, Material/Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum and Polymer/Textile Engineering.
- ♦ The School provides Bachelors degree training to 6,000 undergraduates, and M.Sc and PhD training to about 600 post-graduate students.
- ♦ Chairman, Committee of Deans, FUTO, July 2012 – date with responsibilities of coordinating activities of Deans of Schools, University-wide teaching and examinations.
- ♦ Supervised and coordinated teaching and research in Mechanical Engineering and provided academic and administrative leadership to 50 teaching and non-teaching staff.
- ♦ Member, 9th Governing Council, - 2009- Date
- ♦ Dean, School of Engineering & Engineering Tech. - 2010-Date
- ♦ Dean, Student Affairs Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) - 2003 - 2010
- ♦ Member, Committee of Deans, FUTO 2003-Date
- ♦ Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering FUTO 2000-2003
- ♦ Member, Senate of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri - 2000-Date
- ♦ Member, Departmental Board of Mechanical Eng. FUTO- 1990-Date
- ♦ Member, School of Engineering & Engineering Tech. (SEET), FUTO Board of Studies - 1990-Date
- ♦ Member, SEET Research Committee 2000-Date
- ♦ Member, FUTO SIWES Committee 1990-1998
- ♦ Coordinator, Mechanical Engineering Students Industrial Works Experience Scheme (SIWES) - 1990-1998
- ♦ Member, SEET Planning Committee 2000-Date
- ♦ Member, FUTO Planning Committee 2003-Date
- ♦ Member, Design Review Committee 2003-2006
- ♦ Member, University Admissions Committee 2000-Date
- ♦ Member, University Ceremonials Committee 2003-Date
- ♦ Member, Junior Staff Matters Committee 2003-Date
- ♦ Member Unified Cadre Staff Appraisals Committee 2003-Date
- ♦ Member, University Security Committee 2003-2010
- ♦ Member, Strategic Planning Development Committee 2006-2009
- ♦ Member, FUTO Minor Works & Space Allocation Committee - 2003-2006
- ♦ Member, FUTO Senate Staff Training Committee 2007-Date
- ♦ Member, Finance & General Purposes Committee 2009-Date
- ♦ Member, Joint Council/Senate Senior Staff DisciplinaryCommittee - 2009-Date
- ♦ Member, Academic Staff Appointments & Promotions Committee(Professorial) - 2009-Date
PUBLIC (COMMUNITY) SERVICES
- ♦ At the University of Jos Nigeria (1981-1982) as Graduate Assistant during my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Programme
- ♦ Member, St Mark’s Station of Assumpta Cathedral Parish, Owerri 1986-Date
- ♦ At the Imo State Ministry of Works and Transport, Owerri (Jan.-Oct.1987) as pupil Engineer under the then Federal Government Public Works Programme.
- ♦ Member, Panel of Investigation on the disturbances between FUTO students and Ihiagwa Community 2001
- ♦ Member, FUTO Senate Committee to look into Aspects of the Government White paper on the 1999 Visitation Report highlighted as anomalies & Curriculum defects 2002
- ♦ Member, Imo State Ad-hoc Committee on combating cultism in educational institutions during 2003-2005.
- ♦ Member, Panel of Investigation on the disturbances between FUTO off-campus students and the Eziobodo Community 2008
- ♦ Co-Chairman, National Universities Commission Accreditation Panel to evaluate Engineering disciplines in the Western Zone D institution; namely University of Lagos, Lagos 2008
- ♦ Chairman, National Universities Commission Accreditation Panel to Evaluate Engineering disciplines in Northern Zone institutions namely: Federal University of Technology, Minna and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- ♦ Member, The Nigerian Society of Engineers’ Committee on Engineer of the Year Award for 2011
- ♦ Member, The Nigerian Society of Engineers’ Committee on Codes & Standards 2011
- ♦ Member, National Universities Commission, NUC, Expert Panel on Development of Curriculum for Aerospace Engineering for Nigerian Universities,9-12 August 2011
- ♦ Member, NUC.Expert Panel on Development of Curriculum for Automotive Engineering for Nigerian Universities
- ♦ Member, NUC, Expert Panel on Development of Curriculum for Power Engineering for Nigerian Universities
- ♦ Applied Energy Studies
- ♦ Energy Policy and Planning
- ♦ Renewable Energy (Solar, Wind, Biomass, etc) Powdered Systems (Dryers, Refrigerator,Water Heaters, etc.)
- ♦ Computer Application in Engineering
- ♦ Environmental Pollution and Control System
- ♦ Solar Energy Materials Studies
- ♦ Activated Carbon/Ammonia Solar Refrigerator
- ♦ Transient Analysis and Optimization of Solid adsorption solar refrigerators
- ♦ Fossil fuel recourses depletion model for Nigeria
- ♦ CPC solar collector Design optimization studies
- ♦ Waste Management in Industries in Nigeria
- ♦ Transient Analysis and optimization of integral type solar crop dryer.
- ♦ Nocturnal Cooling potentials of Nigeria.
- ♦ Energy Storage Systems
- ♦ Integrated Bioreactors Development
SUPERVISION OF POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH WORK
- OGUEKE, Nnamdi Verus - 1998 M.Eng
Heat and Mass Transfer Analysis of a Solar Powered Solid Adsorption Refrigerator.
OWUAMA, Kennedy Chinedu - 2002 M.Eng
Waste Disposal and Sanitation Management in Vegetable Oil Production Industries in South East, Nigeria.
ENEREMADU, Uchenna - 2002 M.Eng
Reliability-centred Maintenance Analysis: A Case Study of the Nigerian Agip Oil Company’s Crude Oil Pump.
OKORONKWO, Chukwunenye - 2005 M.Eng
Development of Numerical Model of a Greenhouse Type Natural Convection Solar Dryer
NJOKU, MICHAEL - 2010 M.Eng
Design, Construction and Testing of a Cylindrical Solar Water
ONWUACHU, Chinyere Christian - 2010 M.Eng
Experimental Study of Long Wave Night Sky Radiation in Owerri, Nigeria for Passive Cooling Application.
Okoro Chibuzo Assessment of the Performances of Solar Energy Powered low-Temperature Differential Engines
Okoye Anthony Comparative Analysis of Renewable Energy Sources for Power Generation, Water Heating, Refrigeration and Drying Applications
Ndeke Chibuike Exergy Analysis of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator
Ikpamezie Innocent Evaluation of Hydr-power potentials of Otamiri River
Ikpegbu Tochukwu Design of Hydro Power Generation System from Otamiri River.
- OGUEKE, Nnamdi Verus, 20004149598 - 2005 PhD
Transient Analysis and Performance Prediction of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator
UCHE Remy - 2005 PhD
Modelling of Interrelationship between productivity; Quality Maintenance and Value Creation in Manufacturing:
KAMALU Clifford - 2010 PhD
Prediction and Analysis of Nigeria's Crude Oil and Gas Resources Depletion
Okoronkwo A. C. - 2011
Experimental Study of Passive Cooling of a building Using Long Wave Night Sky Radiation in Owerri, Nigeria
‘Optimization of Integral Type Green House Natural Convection Solar Energy powered Crop Dryer’
Nwigwe K. - 2011.
Transient Analysis and Performance Prediction of Passive Cooling of Buildings Using Long Wave Nocturnal Radiation.
Ike Offiong - 2012
Design, Construction & testing of a gravity propelled Engine using low-temperature fluid
Anyadiegwu C.I.C - 2012
Development and Analysis of Depleted Crude Oil and Gas Reservoirs for Underground Natural Gas Storage
Agulanna Charles. - 2012
Development of Integrated Bioreactors for Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Wastes
- Federal Government of Nigeria Oversea Scholarship Award a Masters Degree at the Cranfield Institute of Technology (Now Cranfield University) United Kingdom - 1984-1986
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Centre for Energy Research And Development (CERD) Research Grant Award for a Doctorate Degree Research Project at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Nigeria, Nsukka - 1992-1997
Award of Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Resource Management (FCRMI) - 2004
Life Patron by Students Union Government, FUTO - 2004
Award of Best Paper presented at the 2005 ASME/ISEC Conference at Orlando Florida, USA - 2005
Award of Certificate of Merit by St Mark’s Station of Maria Assumpta Cathedral Parish, Owerri in recognition of Contributions to Work of God & growth of the station - 2005
Award of Excellence by the National Association of Nigerian Students as the best Dean of Student Affairs In 2006 - 2006
Award of FELLOW of the Institute of Corporate Administration, FCAI - 2010
Admitted a Fellow of Solar Energy Society of Nigeria, FSESN - 2010
Award of Honor by Catholic Men Organization (CMO)of Maria Assumpta Cathedral Parish, Owerri in Recognition of my contributions to Work of God and Service to Humanity - 2011
Elected Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers FNSE - 2011
SPECIAL SKILLS, APTITUDE AND KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED
- D in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Energy and power. Doctoral Thesis “Design, construction and test run of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator using Activated Carbon/Methanol, Adsorbate Pair”.
- Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Applied Energy and thesis as “Solar powered crop dryer studies”.
- Following the above knowledge acquired, I have special skill and competence in energy resources and its applications.
- Undertaken several energy resources related studies and published extensively in reputable local and international journals in solar energy, energy depletion model/forecasting, refrigeration, environmentally friendly refrigerants, environmental pollution and management as can be seen from my list of publications.
- Successfully supervised eight and six M.Sc./M.Eng. Thesis over the years and therefore have special skills, knowledge and competence in applied energy as well as in reporting the findings of such studies in standard international journals of Science, Engineering and Management. I am also able to relate the results of such studies to National Government Policies in energy and environmental pollution control.
OTHER ENGAGEMENT/LEARNED SOCIETY ACTIVITIES:
- External Member Research Committee of the National Centre For Energy Research & Development, University of Nigeria Nsukka - 1990-Date
- External Examiner for HND/OND, Students of Department of Mechanical Engineering, Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic - 1997-Date
- External Examiner for B.Eng., M.Sc/M.Eng/PhD Students of Mechanical Engineering, University of Nigeria Nsukka - 1998 - Date
- Technical Reviewer for Books and journals, International Journal of Thermal Engineering, Applied Energy etc. and Nigerian Journal of Solar Energy. - 1998-Date
- External Examiner for HND/OND Students of Department Of Mechanical Engineering, Federal Polytechnic Calabar, Cross River State - 1998-Date
- Examiner for Nigeria Society of Engineers’ professional Membership Examination in Mechanical Engineering - 2006-Date
- External Examiner for B.Eng Students of Mechanical Engineering, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt - 2007-Date
- External Examiner for B.Eng Students of Mechanical Engineering, University of Benin, Benin - 2011
- External Examiner for B.Eng Students of Mechanical Engineering, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- - 2011-Date
- PhD External Examiner in Mechanical Engineering at Cranfield University England, United Kingdom - July 2013
Consultant, Energy and Environmental Engineering to:
- Glorel Human Resources limited, Owerri 1990-Date
- Scanaf Engineering Service, Warri 1995-Date
- Kendrix Energy and technology company, Port Harcourt 1996-Date
- Hi-Technology Computer Service, Owerri 1997-Date
- Imo State Environmental Protection Agency 1999-Date
Soccer, Music, Local/International Political & Economic Analysis
PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS AND CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Anyanwu E.E. (1992) Renewable Energy Technologies for Rural Development in Nigeria Proceedings 1st International Conference on the Implementation of Renewable and Alternative Energy Technologies (CRAET ’92), Nsukka, Nigeria pp.635-691.
Anyanwu E.E. (1992) Raw Material Resources and their Development Techniques in Nigeria Proceedings of Nigerian Society of Engineers, Owerri Branch Workshop on Planning and Implementation of Rural Industrializations. September 1992, Owerri, Nigeria.
Anyanwu E.E. and Oteh U.U., Energy Auditing: An Approach to Energy Management in Industry in Nigeria. Proceedings 1st International Conference on the Implementation of Renewable and Alternative Energy Technologies, Nsukka, Nigeria December 1995 pp.566-568.
Anyanwu E.E. (1995) Refrigeration in Nigeria: The Renewable Energy Powered Alternatives Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Renewable and Alternative energy Technologies, Nsukka pp.233-237.
V. Ekechukwu, B. Norton, Anyanwu E.E. and S.O. Onyegegbu (1995) An Overview of Solar Drying Technology. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Renewable and Alternative energy Technologies, Nsukka pp.287-212.
Anyanwu E.E., C.I. Ezekwe, O.V. Ekechukwu and S.O. Onyegegbu (1995) Solar Energy Powered Refrigeration. An Overview Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy Technologies, Nsukka pp. 215-224.
Anyanwu E.E. and C.I. Ezekwe, (1995) Solar Energy Powered Solid Adsorption Cycles for refrigeration and Heat Pumping. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy Technologies, pp.225-231.
Anyanwu E.E., and Iwuagwu C.J. (1995) Wind Characteristics and Energy Potential for Owerri, Nigeria, Internationa Journal of Renewable Energy 6 (20,pp.125-128)
Oguoma O.N. and Anyanwu E.E. (1995) Industrialization: Imo State Experience, Chapter 6 in Imo State. Land of Hope, Alphabet Nigeria Publishers, Owerri, ISBN-987-2621-96 x.i
Oguoma O.N. and Anyanwu E.E. (1998) Physico-Mechanical Properties and Uses of Colanut, Technical Transactions of Nigeria Int. of Industrial Engineer Vol. 4, No.1 pp.58-64.
Anyanwu E.E. (2000) Environmental Pollution: Restructuring the refrigeration industry as a way out. Internationa Journal of Environment Protection Engineering Vol.26 No. 4 pp. 17-27.
Nwankwo G.I., Anyanwu E.E. and I.D. (2000) Dynamics of Waste Assimilation in Tropical Coastal Water. A case study of the Okirika Creek in Southeastern Nigeria Internationa Journal of Environmental Protection Engineering Vol. 26, No. 4 pp. 5-16.
Anyanwu E.E. and Ogueke N.V. (2001) Simulation of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator Using Activated Carbon/Methanol, Adsorbent, Refrigerant Pair, Internationa Journal of Energy Conversion & Management Vol.42, pp.899-915.
Anyanwu E.E. and Ogueke N.V. (2001) Activated Carbon/Refrigerant Combinations for Solar Refrigeration Application Nig. Journal of Technology, Vol.20, No.1 pp. 53-60.
Anyanwu E.E. (2001) Design Consideration for Fire hazard Control Services in Building Journal of Applied Sciences 4(4) 2266-2276.
Anyanwu E.E. and Ogueke N.V. Computer prediction of the Performance of a Solar Powered Solid Adsorption Refrigerator in some Nigerian Cities. Indian Journal of Engineering and Material Sciences, Vol.8, October 2001, pp.261-270.
Anyanwu E.E. (2002) Domestic Scale Biodigester for Production of Cooking Gas from Waste. Global Journal of Mechanical Engineering Vol.3 No. 1 pp.40-46.
Anyanwu E.E. and Ogueke N.V. (2002) Mathematical Model for prediction of pressure in the collector/generator-absorber of a solid adsorptions solar refrigerator. Journal of Applied Science Vol.5 No. 3 pp.3026-3033.
Anyanwu E.E. (2002) Resources Management in Mechanical Engineering Proceedings of UNESCO – Nigeria TVE Project Workshop for Mechanical Engineering Trade Teachers of Polytechnics in the South East Zone, September 2002, Owerri, Nigeria.
Osuagwu O.E., Anyanwu E.E. and L.L. Amaeshi, Deployment of Computer Assisted Rader Technology: A case for improved Military Security Surveillance in Nigeria Internationa Journal of Computer Science and its applications. 9 No. 1 June 2003 pp. 71-81.
Anyanwu E.E.(2003) Review of Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigeration I. An Overview of the Refrigeration Cycles International J. Energy Conv. & Mgt. 44 (2), 301-322.
Anyanwu E.E. (2003). Thermophysical properties of activated carbon/methanol, adsorbent/adsorbate pair for adsorption refrigeration application. Journal of Science, Engineering & Technology, Vol.10, No. 2 pp.4996-5006.
Anyanwu, E.E. and Ezekwe C.I. (2003) Design, Construction and test run of a Solid adsorption solar refrigerator using activated carbon/methanol, adsorbent/adsorbate pair, Internationa Journal of Energy Conversion & Management 44 (2003) pp.2879-2892.
Anyanwu E.E. and Oteh U.U. (2003). Analysis of solar radiation measurement at Owerri, Nigeria, African Journal of Science 4(1), 893-906.
Anyanwu E.E. and Ogueke N.V. (2003) Design Considerations for Wind Energy Powered Water Pumping facility for sites in Nigeria, Internationa Journal of Environment Protection Engineering, Vol. 29 No. 2 pp.65-77.
Anyanwu E.E. (2003). Transient Effects on the Performance of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator Journal of Modeling, Design and Management of Engineering Systems 2(1) 27-38.
Anyanwu E.E. Review of Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigeration II. An Overview of the Principles and Theory, Internationa Journal of Energy Conversion and Management 45 (2004) pp. 1279-1295.
Anyanwu E.E., Osuagwu O.E. and Chukwudebe (2004) Design and Construction of Education Robots: A case study of BERT, Microwave Journal of Science & Technology Vol. 1 No. 1 pp.24-38.
Anyanwu E.E. Design and Measured Performance of an Evaporative Cooler International Journal of Energy Conversion Management 45(2004) pp.2187-2195.
Anyanwu E.E. and Ogueke N.V. (2005). Thermodynamic Design Procedure for Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator, International Journal of Renewable Energy. 30(2005) pp.81-96.
Anyanwu E.E. and N.V. Ogueke (2005), Transient Analysis and Performance Prediction of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator. ASME Solar Energy Conf. Orlando Florida 2005.
Anyanwu E.E. and Ogueke N.V, (2007) Transient Analysis and Performance Prediction of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator. International Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering 27 (2007) 2514-2523.
Anyanwu E.E. (2007) Impediments to Sustainable Development of the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria – Invited Paper Presented to the First Unity Cultural Re-orientation called Our Unique Heritage; to the National Niger Delta Students’ Movement, (March 13, 2007) in FUTO.
Ogueke, N.V. and Anyanwu E.E. (2007) Parametric Effects on the Performance of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator during Collector Cool-down and Refrigerant Evaporation Re-adsorption Phases. Proceedings of ASME – Energy Sustainability, Long-beach California, USA, June 27-30, 2007.
Anyanwu E.E. and Ogueke N.V. (2008) Design improvements for a collector/Generator/Adsorber of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator, International Journal of Renewable Energy 33(2008) 2428-2440.
Ogueke N.V. and Anyanwu E.E. (2008) Economic evaluation of a solid adsorption solar refrigerator. Advances in Science & Technology vol.2, No.1, 42-48.
Ogueke N.V and Anyanwu E.E (2009) The Performance Analysis of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator during Collector Cool-Down and Refrigerant Evaporation/Readsorption Phases, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, 223(E1), 11-19.
Ogueke N.V, Oteh, U. U. and Anyanwu E.E. (2009)Heat Transmission Through Building Envelopes: Predicted and Validated Indoor Temperatures, Advances in Sciences and Technology, Vol 3 No 1,11-16.
Ogueke N.V; Anyanwu E.E. and Ekechukwu O.V (2009) A Review of Solar Water Heating Systems, Int. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 1(4), 1-21.
Ogueke N.V, Njoku M.C. and Anyanwu E.E.(2009) Design, Construction and Testing of a Cylindrical Solar Water Heater. Internationa Journal of Energy for Clean Environment, 10(1-4), 57-72.
Anyanwu E.E. (2010) Flat Plate Type Solar Collectors for Solid Adsorption Refrigeration Application. The Heartland Engineer, Journal of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Owerri Branch,vol.5 No.1,53-64.
Ekechukwu O.V. and Anyanwu E.E. (2010) Geometric Band Correction Factors and Diffuse Solar Radiation Measurements on Horizontal and Inclined Surface for Nigerian Locations. Internationa Journal of Renewable Energy (Under Review).
Anyanwu E.E., Umez-Eronini E.I. and Okoronkwo, C. (2010), Experimental Studies of an integral type Solar Dryer Internationa Journal of Renewable Energy (Under Review)
Nwaigwe, K.N; Okoronkwo, C.A; Ogueke, N.V and Anyanwu, E.E (2010) Review of Nocturnal Cooling Systems. International Journal of Energy for Clean Environment, 11(1-4),117-143.
V. Ogueke and E.E. Anyanwu (2010) Comparative Analysis of Cylindrical Solar Water Heating System with and without Reflective Surface. Proceedings of 2010 ASME Congress & Exposition, Vancouver-BC, Canada November 12-19, 2010
V.Ogueke, C.C.Onwuachu and E.E. Anyanwu(2011) Experimental Study of Long-Wave Night Sky Radiation in Owerri, Nigeria for Passive Cooling Applications. Proceedings of World Renewable Energy Congress(WREC) Linkoping, Sweden May 8-13,2011
E. Anyanwu(2011)Nigerian Local Content Development Act: Prospects and Challenges to Engineering Craftsmen in Nigeria.Keynote Paper in Proceedings of 16th National Engineering Conference of Nigerian Association of Engineering Craftsmen (NAEC), Owerri, Nigeria Nov 15-16,2011.
Anyanwu E.E. (2011) Experimental Study of the collector/generator adsorber of a Solid adsorption solar refrigerator, Internationa Journal of Renewable Energy (Under Review).
Anyanwu E.E. and Ogueke N.V. (2011), Review of Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigeration III: An Overview of the Solar Collectors for Refrigeration Application. Advances in Science and Technology, Vol 5 No 2, pp 76-94.
Chris A. Ibe and Emma E. Anyanwu (2013) Principles of Tropical Airconditioning.Author House Publishing Co. United Kingdom. ISBN: 978-1- 4772-4218-6(sc)/ISBN-1-4772-4219-3(e); authorhouse.co.uk ; July 23, 2013, 1-333.
Kamalu, C.I.O; Osoka E.C; Anyanwu E.E; Ogueke N.V; Obah B. (2011) A Simple Model for the Prediction of Nigeria’s Petroleum Production Peak. International Journal of Engineering Vol.5, No3, 123-130.
Anyadiegwu, C; Anyanwu, E.E; Ogueke, N.V and Obah, B(2011) Analysis of Depleted Crude Oil Reservoirs for Underground Natural Gas Storage. Internationa Journal of Fuel (Under Review)
Kamalu, C.I.O; Nwogu, N; Ogueke, N.V; and Anyanwu, E.E(2011) Analysis of Unit Pump Prices of Gasoline, Kerosene and Diesel in Nigeria during 1970-2010. International Journal of Fuel(Under Review).
Anyadiegwu, C.I.C; Anyanwu, E. E.; Ogueke, N. V. and Asoegwu, S (2011) Detection of Gas Loss / Leakage from the Gas Storage. Inter-World Journal of Sci. & Tech. 4(2), 135-144.
Agulanna, C.N; Anyanwu, E.E; Ejike, E.N.O Onuoha, G.N.Q and Ogueke, N.V(2012) Experimental Studies of Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Wastes Using a Bioreactor with Integral Flow Features. International Journal of Research Trends in Engineering 3(3), 461-469.
Emegere E; Ogueke, N.V; Anyanwu, E.E (2012) Wear characteristics of a Locally Fabricated Automobile Brake Pad. Advances in Science & Technology 6(1), 18-22
Nwaigwe, K.N; Okoronkwo, C.A; Ogueke, N.V; Ugwuoke, P.E and Anyanwu E.E (2012) Transient Analysis and Performance Prediction of Nocturnal Radiative Cooling of a Building in Owerri, Nigeria. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering & Technology.Vol 4, Issue 15: 2496-2506.
Anyadiegwu, C.I.C and Anyanwu, E.E.(2012) Estimation of Storage Capacity of an Underground Gas Storage Reservoir. Int. J of Academic Research Part A: 4(4); 116-122.
Anyadiegwu, C.I.C and Anyanwu, E.E (2012) Optimizing the Benefits of Conversion of Depleted Oil Reservoirs for Underground Natural Gas Storage in Nigeria, AFRREV STECH, 1(3); 17-43.
Nwaigwe, K.N.; Ugwuoke, P. E.; Anyanwu, E. E.; and Abam, D. P S.(2012) Analysis of Mechanical Seals for High- Speed Centrifugal Gas Compressors. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 4(15): 2388-2395.
Okoronkwo, C. A, K. N Nwaigwe, Ogueke, D. C Onyejekwe, Ugwuoke, P.E; and Anyanwu, E.E (2014) Experimental Investigation of the Passive Cooling of a Building Using Nighttime Radiant Cooling. Int. J. of Green Energy,11; 1072-1083. .
Anyanwu, E. E. Fourth-Tier Government in Imo State: Problems and Prospects of its Application. Keynote Paper of Mbaise Colloquim 2012, Hilman Castle Hotel, Afor-Oru, Ahiazu-Mbaise, August 14, 2012.
Anyanwu, E. E. (2012) New Energy Technology Revolution: A Catalyst for Sustainable National Development. 22nd Inaugural Lecture of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Nigeria; Monday 29th October 2012.
Nwaigwe, K. N.; Ogueke, N. V.; Ugwuoke, P. E. and Anyanwu, E. E. (2012) Comparative Evaluation of a Developed Batch Reactor using Various Feedstock. Proceedings of ASME Int. Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, November 9-15, 2012, Houston,
Anyadiegwu, C. I. and Anyanwu, E. E. (2012) Environmental Impact of Underground Natural Gas Storage.African Journal of Science, Technology, Innovation and Development. 4 ( 2), 88-209.
Anyadiegwu, C. I. C.; Anyanwu, E. E and Obah, B. (2012) Economic Viability of Underground Gas Storage in Depleted Reservoirs in Nigeria. Petroleum & Coal 54(3) pp 308-317.
Ogbonna, A. C; Nwaigwe, K. N; Anyanwu, E. E and Amaechi, R. N. (2012) Performance Prediction of Passive Cooling Using a Sustainable Responsive Building Design. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Construction in Developing Countries, Bangkok, July 2012
Ogueke, N.V; Abam, F.; Nwaigwe, K.N; Okoronkwo, C.A; Ugwuoke, P.E and Anyanwu, E.E (2013) The Effects of Seasonal Variation and Angle of Inclination on the Performance of Photovoltaic Panels. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering & Technology 5(3); 794-800.
Nwaigwe, K. N.; Ogueke, N. V.; Ugwuoke, P. E. and Anyanwu, E.E.(2013) Development and Measured Performance of a Batch Reactor for Biodiesel Production from Fresh and Waste Vegetable Oils. Int. J. Renewable Energy Technology Vol. 4, No.3 pp295-312
Owuama, K.C and Anyanwu, E.E. (2013) Management of Vegetable Oil Industry Wastes in South Eastern Nigeria. African Journal of Engineering Research and Development, 6(1): 154-159.
Okoronkwo C. A Nwufo, O. C; Nwaigwe K. N; Ogueke N. V and Anyanwu E.E (2013) Experimental Evaluation of a Fluidized Bed Dryer Performance. The International Journal of Engineering & Science (IJES),2(6), 45-53.
Ogueke, N.V.; Okoronkwo, C.A.; Anyanwu, E. E. (2013) Experimental Investigation of the Effect of Materials and their Surface Colours on Nocturnal Cooling. Proceeding of ASME Int. Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, 15 – 21 November 2013, California.
Nwaigwe, K. N. Ononogbo C.; Ogueke, N. V. and Anyanwu, E.E.(2013) Performance Study of Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Municipal Waste in Upflow Bioreactor with Central Substrate Dispenser. Proceedings of ASME Int. Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition,15-21 November 2013, California.
Agulanna C. N., Onuoha G.N.Q., Anyanwu E.E, Ejike E.N.O. Ogueke N. V.(2013) Data Evaluation of Biorea ctor Performance from Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Municipal Waste in a Test Rig of Coupled Bioreactors with Differing Flow Features. Research Journal in Engineering and Applied Sciences 2(4) 236-245 Rjeas Emerging Academy Resources (2013) (ISSN: 2276-8467)www.emergingresource.org
Kamalu, C. I. O., Ogueke, N. V., Anyanwu, E. E., Obah, B., and Okolie, I. J. (2013) Modelling Nigeria Petroleum Reserves With/ Without Initial Reserves. Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences(JETEAS) 4(3) 533-540 Scholarlink Research Institute Journals 2013 (ISSN: 2141-7016). Jeteas.scholarlinkresearch.org.
Okoronkwo, C. A., Nwigwe, K. N., Ogueke,N.V., Anyanwu, E. E. Onyejekwe, D. C. and Ugwuoke, P. E. (2014). Experimental Investigation of Passive Cooling of Building Using Night-Time Radiant Cooling. International Journal of Green Energy, 11 (10), pp. 1072 – 1083.
E.E. Anyanwu and C.I. Ezekwe (1997) Design, Construction and Test Run of a Solid Adsorption Solar Refrigerator Using Activated Carbon/Methanol Adsorbent/Adsorbate Pair. Final Report on Centre for Energy Research and Development (CERD), University of Nigeria Nsukka Project No., UNN/CERD/52 June 1997.
CONFERENCES PRESENTATIONS/WORKSHOP ATTENDANCE
- E. Anyanwu (1989) Solar Energy Stimulated Crop Drying Technologies in Nigeria, National Energy Form Zaria, Nigeria, NASEF ’89.
E.E. Anyanwu and C.I. Ezekwe (1991) Solar Refrigeration and Food Supply in Nigeria, National Solar Energy Form Zaria, Nigeria, NASEF ’91.
2nd Training Workshop on Solar Drying Technologies for Agriculture and Industry organized by National Centre for Energy Research & Development 24-27 November 1993; University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
National Stakeholders’ Workshop on Eradication of Campus Cultism. 11-14 March 2008; University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
National Symposium on Nuclear Research and Development tagged ‘The Place of Nuclear Science and Engineering in National Development’ 1-2 September 2008; University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Federal Ministry of Education Retreat for Members of Governing Councils of Federal Universities. 24th February 2009;National Universities Commission,Abuja.
National Universities Commission (NUC) in collaboration with Centrepiece Consultants Nigeria Ltd Retreat for Members of Governing Councils of Nigerian Universities. 23-24 November 2010, Abuja.
20th Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria(COREN) Zonal Engineering Assembly on ‘The Nigerian Content Development Act: A Turning Point for Engineering Practice in Nigeria’ 2-3 August 2011, Enugu.
National Workshop/Expert Mission on ‘Human Resource Development for Nigeria’s Nuclear Power Programme Strategies for Implementation’7-11 November 2011.
Training on Total Project Management Organised by Supreme Management Training and Consultancy Services Limited, 15- 18 October 2012, Ibadan
Training on Knowledge Management in Development Projects Organized by Grapevine Consulting Limited in collaboration with the Canadian University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 18- 29 March 2013
22nd Council for the Regulation of Engineering (COREN) Engineering Assembly, 20 – 21, August 2013.
Member of the Nigerian delegation to the 68th Regular Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) as Special Adviser(Technical) in New York, USA, 19-28 September 2013
Professor C.C Asiabaka
Federal University of Technology
Professor G.I. Nwankwor
Department of Geology
Federal University of Technology
Professor O.V. Ekechukwu
Director of Research&Innovation
National University Commission