Dr Johnson Onyechege Igbokwe
Current Address: Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Federal University of Technology, Owerri Nigeria
- Work Experience
- Productive Work
- Research Interest
- Conferences Attended
- Community Services
- Emekuku Comprehensive Secondary School, Emekuku, Owerri – 1973/77
- College of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria – 1978/80
- Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt, Nigeria – 1980/82,
- Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt, Nigeria – 1983/87
- The University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria – 1993/95
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria – 2008/12
- City & Guilds of London Certificate in Motor Vehicle (Part 2)/West African School Certificate – 1977
- Higher National Diploma (Distinction), Mechanical Engineering – 1982
- Master of Technology, Mechanical Engineering – 1987
- Master of Engineering, Industrial Engineering – 1995
- Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical (Energy & Power) Engineering – 2012
- Certificate of Merit for Academic Excellence – (1974)
- Best Graduating student prize in the Department of Mechanical Engineering – (1982)
- Best Graduating student prize in the Faculty of Engineering – (1982)
- Innovators of Tomorrow (IOT) Award – (2010)
- Certificate of Merit for Excellence in Leadership – (2011)
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- *Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers
- *Member, Nigerian Institute of Industrial Engineers
- *Member, Nigerian Institution of Production Engineers
- *Member, Renewable and Alternative Energy Society of Nigeria
- 1980 (Jun-Nov) NigerCat Construction Company Limited, Owerri ( S I W E S)
- I was trained in the maintenance of light and heavy duty construction equipment and trucks like bulldozers, payloaders, scrapers, vibrating rollers, tippers etc
- 1982/83 North Brewery Limited Kano. ( NYSC)
- Involved in the maintenance of brewing and material handling Equipment like carbon dioxide plant, chain conveyors, bucket Elevators, boilers, bottling machines, forklifts, cooling towers,
- 1984/92 Federal University of Technology, Owerri-Academic Technologist
- Carried out the layout design and setup of Thermal Engineering and Applied Mechanics laboratories of the Department of Mechanical, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- Conducted laboratory practicals for students.
- Development of projects in Centre forIndustrial studies (CIS) and Engineering Departments of Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- Designed and fabricated some laboratory equipment for teaching and research in Mechanical Engineering
- 1993/Date Federal University of Technology, Owerri-Assistant/Senior Lecturer
- As an academic staff, I am involved in Teaching and Supervision of Students, Research, Administrative duties and Community activities
- I have taught School/Mechanical Engineering Courses like the workshop Practice, Measurement and Instrumentation, Thermodynamics, Vehicle dynamics, Automotive technology, Principles of Internal Combustion engines, Automotive Services and maintenance, Turbomachinery design, Fuels and Combustion, Reliability Theory And Applications, Thermal power plants Emission Control, Industrial Safety, Direct Energy conversion systems etc
- I have supervised over 80 students
- 1996/99 – SIWES Coordinator, Department of Mechanical Engineering, FUTO
- 1999/2002 – Examination Officer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, FUTO
- 2003/2006 – Member of Strategic Planning Committee, Department of Mechanical Engineering FUTO
- 2003/2008 – Class academic adviser, this set produced two First Class Students One of which was the University best overall graduand of the set
- 2003/2010 – Final Year Students Project Coordinator, Department of Mechanical Engineering, FUTO.
- 2004 – Member of Curriculum Review & Accreditation Committee of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, FUTO
- 2004/2006 Coordinator of Mechanical Engineering Laboratories
- 2007/2008 – Member of Committee for the completion Mechanical Engineering Graphic Laboratory, FUTO
- 2008/2010 – Member of Quality Intelligent Unit, School of Engineering & Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- 2008/2012 – Examination Officer, Department of Mechanical Engineering FUTO
- 2013/2014 – Member of Committee for the establishment of commercial Automotive and Refrigeration maintenance workshop in FUTO
- 2013/Date – Postgraduate Coordinator, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2014 – Chairman, International Conference Committee of Mechanical Engineering Department, FUTO.
- Design and construction of Heat Transfer Test Rig for teaching and research in Thermal Engineering Laboratory
- Development of a demonstration 4-stroke spark ignition engine for teaching in Mechanical Engineering Laboratory
- Development of alternative fuels for diesel engines from Palm kernel and Groundnut oils. These fuels have been used to run conventional diesel engines successfully both in neat and blended forms with petrodiesel fuel
- *Production of engineering components from local materials
- *Industrial Productivity
- *Production and characterization of Alternative fuels for internal combustion engines from bio-resources
- *Investigation of the engine performance of Bio-fuels in spark ignition and compression-ignition engines,
- Evaluation of the emission characteristics of alternative fuels for internal combustion engines
- Study of the impacts of Thermal Power Plants emissions on human health and Environment
- 2013 International Conference of Nigerian Institute of Industrial Engineers at Owerri.
- 2013 2nd International Conference and Workshop on Renewable Energy at Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.
- 2012 International Conference of Nigerian Institute of Industrial Engineers at University of Benin, Benin City.
- 2011 International Conference of Nigerian Institute of Industrial Engineers at, Conference Centre, University of Ibadan
- 2011 3RD International Conference on Renewable and alternative energy, Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- 2010 2NDInternational Conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- 2009 1stInernational Conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
- 2001 1st National Conference on Manufacturing Technology and Engineering, In a Depressed Economy, at the University of Uyo
- 1998 2nd National Conference on Small Scale Industries in Sustainable, National Development, University of Benin
- Member of the Local Organising Committee for International Conference on Renewable and Alternative Energy, FUTO (2009, 2010 and 2011)
- Member of the Local Organising Committee for Annual Conference of Nigerian
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (Owerri-2014)
- Chairman, Electoral Committee, Atta Peoples Assembly, Atta Ikeduru LGA, Imo State (2001)
- Peoples Warden, St Pauls Anglican Church, Umuhu Atta Ikeduru Imo State (1987-1990)
- General Secretary, St Pauls Anglican Church General Meeting. (1995-2001)
- Synod Delegate, Anglican Diocese of Owerri (old) (2000-2002)
- Zonal Secretary, Scripture Union Nig, Ikeduru Zone (1990-1993)
- Zonal Representative, Scripture Union Nig. Ikeduru Zone (1995-2001)
- Area Pilgrims Coordinator, Scripture Union Nig. Owerri Area (2001-2005)
- Area Chairman of Scripture Union Nig, Owerri Area. (2005 -2011)
- Member of the National Governing Council of the Scripture Union Nigeria (2005-2011)
- The Regional Planning, Reaearch& Statistics Officer, Scripture Union Nig, Okigwe Region.
- Pastors Warden, Anglican Church of the Redemption, Owerri (2007-2013)
- Patron, Anglican Youth Fellowship, Church of Redemption, Owerri
- Bishops Nominee to Diocesan Synod, Diocese of Owerri Anglican communion.
- Ezinwa St Pauls, by Women Ministries of St Pauls Anglican Church, Umuhu Atta Parish, Ikeduru Diocese
- Knight of St Christopher (KSC), (Anglican Diocese of Owerri)
- *Nwachukwu, J C. & Igbokwe, J. O; The Role of Wage Incentives in a Declining Economy. INDIAN JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS, Vol. 32 No 1, July 1996.
- *Oguoma, O. N. & Igbokwe, J. O; Production Efficiency and Labour Productivity in a Manufacturing Company. THE NIGERIAN PRODUCTION ENGINEER. Vol. 4, No 2, 1998.
- *Oguoma, O. N. & Igbokwe, J. O; Production of Grinding Wheels from local materials. THE NIGERIAN PRODUCTION ENGINEER, Vol. 4. No. 2. 1998.
- *Okoronkwo, C. A, & Igbokwe, J. O; Performance Evaluation of an Activated Carbon Emission Device. THE HEARTLAND ENGINEER, Vol.4. No. 1 2009.
- *Okoronkwo, C. A. Igbokwe, J. O. & Ezirim, K. T; Performance of an Ethanol-Lacquer Thinner blend on Internal Combustion Engines. THE HEARTLAND ENGINEER. Vol. 4. No. 2. 2009
- *Okoronkwo, C. A. Nwachukwu, C. C. Oguoma, O. N. & Igbokwe, J. O. Modeling the Effects of Production Time and Cost on Industrial Productivity of some selected Manufacturing industries in Nigeria. INTERDISCIPLINARY JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY RESEARCH IN BUSINESS, Vol. 2. No. 6. October 2010.
- *Okoronkwo, C, A, Nwachukwu, C. C. Ngozi-Olehe, C. C. & Igbokwe, J. O; Effects of Electromagnetic flux density on the ionization and combustion of fuel, An Economy Design project. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC & INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH. 2010 1(3) 527-531
- *Obiukwu, O. Nwafor, M. O. & Igbokwe, J. O. The use of Rapeseed Methyl Ester Biodiesel in Diesel Engines INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF AMBIENT ENERGY. DOI:10.1080/01430750. 2013: 820144
- *Nwafo, O.C. Nwafor, O. M. I. & Igbokwe, J. O. Effects of Blends on the physical properties of Bioethanol produced from selected Nigerian Crops. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF AMBIENT ENERGY. DOI 10.1080/01430750, 2013.866907.
- *Igbokwe, J. O. Nwaiwu, C. F. Effect of Temperature on Methyl Ester (Biodiesel) Yield from Groundnut and Palm Kernell Oils. THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING & SCIENCE. Vol. 2, Issue 7 PP 06-08, 2013 (Indexed in American National Engineering Database DDI 091913/02710608)
- *Igbokwe, J. O. & Nwafor, O. M. I. Performance Characteristics of Palm Kernel Biodiesel an its blend in C. I. Engine. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF AMBIENT ENERGY. DOI. 10.1080/01430750. 2014. 897647.
- *Igbokwe, J. O. & Nwafor, O. M. I. Synthesis and Characterization of Biodiesel from Nigerian Palm Kernel Oil. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING RESEARCH. Vol. 03. Issue 03, pp 264-266, 2014
REFEREED CONFERENCE PAPERS.
- Oguoma, O. N. and Igbokwe, J. O. A Heuristic approach to assembly line balancing in a Manufacturing Company, Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference on Small-scale Industries in Sustainable National Development, University of Benin, 1998
- Oguoma, O. N. and Igbokwe, J. O. Quality Engineering in a Depressed Economy
- Proceedings of the First National Conference on Manufacturing Technology and Engineering in a Depressed Economy, Univerity of Uyo, May 2001.
- Engr. Prof J. C. Nwachukwu
Department of Production Engineering
University of Benin
- Engr. Prof. O M I Nwafor
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Engr. Prof.E.E. Anyanwu
Dean, School of Engineering & Engineering Technology,
Federal University of Technology, Owerri