Engr. Dr Okafor Basil Eberechukwu
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Educational Institutions Attended
- ♦ University of Science and Technology P/H., Rivers State (RSUST) - (1998-2006)
- ♦ The University of Lagos, Akoka-Lagos (UniLag) - (1994-96)
- ♦ The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) - (1985-90)
- ♦ Comprehensive Secondary School Ogbor Hill Aba, Abia-State - (1980-85)
- ♦ East Street Primary School Aba- Abia State - (1974-80)
Academic Qualifications Obtained
- ♦ Doctor of Philosophy, PhD in Mech. Engineering (Tribology) (2007)
- ♦ M.Sc.-Mechanical Engineering (Distinction) - (1995)
- ♦ Bachelor of Engineering, B.Eng. (2nd Class, Upper Division) (1990)
- ♦ West African School Certificate - (1985)
- ♦ First School Leaving Certificate - (1980)
Other Qualifications /Awards
- ♦ N.Y.S.C. Award - (1990/91)
- ♦ Best Staff Award (Mechanical Engineering Department) - (2006)
- ♦ Certificate in Project Management - (2009)
- ♦ Bias in Auto-Cad Design
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers
- Member, International Research and Development Network
- COREN Registered
Major Work Experience
- Science Teacher, Govt. Secondary School, Barkin Ladi-Plateau State. (1990-92)
Fabrication Engineer, Pen Phoenicia Ind. Ltd. Oregun-Lagos. (1992-93)
Process Engineer, Dash Engineering Co. Ltd. Adeniyi Jones, Lagos. (1993)
Project Supervisor, Dash Engineering Co. Ltd. Adeniyi Jones, Lagos. (1994-95)
Head (Engineering), African Refugees’ Foundation, Ikeja-Lagos. (1995-97)
Associate Director, R& D International, Lagos. (1997- 99)
Executive Director, Bafoni Engineering Co. Ltd. Maryland-Lagos. (1998)
Consultant Engineer, Vitex Interbiz Agency Ltd. 77, Aba Rd.Port Harcourt.
Founder/Senior Resource Person, Value and Ethics Foundation Inc.
- Editor In Chief, Agric. Engineering Departmental Association, UNN. - (1988)
Vice President, Agric. Engineering Departmental Association, UNN. - (1989)
Football Captain, IRITRAC Football Team, UNN. - (1989)
Member, PlateauState Corpers Football Team. - (1991)
Coordinator, Students Industrial Training Scheme, FUTO. - (2003-2010)
Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri – Imo State, Nigeria.
Okafor, B.E. and Ogbata, A. (1994). Financing Industrialization in Nigeria. R and D International: Journal of Research and Development, Lagos-Nigeria. 1(1): 16-20.
Okafor, B.E. and Anagor, L. (1994). The RMRDC Factor in Nigerian Industrial Development. R and D International: Journal of Research and Development, Lagos-Nigeria. 1(2): 17-18.
Okafor, B.E. (2005). Design of Hydro-Cyclone Separator for Gas Cleaning. International Research Journal in Engineering, Science and Technology (IREJEST). Edna-Ben Publishers Owerri, Nigeria. 2 (1):120 – 128.
Okafor, B.E. (2005). Optimization of Maintenance Cost of Industrial Machines: An Empirical Approach. Journal of Research in Engineering. International Research and Development Institute, Calabar-Nigeria. 2 (2): 4-9.
Okafor, B.E. (2005). Virtual Class: A Welcome Alternative for the Growing World Population. Global Journal of Mechanical Engineering. University of Uyo, Nigeria. 6 (1): 47-50.
Okafor, B.E. (2006). Maintenance Cost Reduction: A Pragmatic Approach. International Research Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology (IREJEST). Edna-Ben Publishers Owerri, Nigeria. 3 (1): 135-142.
Okafor, B.E. and Owei, S.O. (2006). Predicting Flights Wear in Screw Presses in Palm Oil Mills. International Journal of African Institute of Science and Technology. AIST Academic Press Los Angeles. 6 (2): 1-6. www.internationaljournalofaist.8m.com ).
Okafor, B.E. (2006). Virtual Library: Problems and Prospects. International Journal of African Institute of Science and. Technology. AIST Academic Press Los Angeles. 7 (3): 1-3. (www.internationaljournalofaist.8m.com).
Okafor, B.E. (2006). Duct Design for Effective Performance: Design of Vacuum Nozzle. International Journal of African Institute of Science and Technology. AIST Academic Press Los Angeles. 7 (3): 1-3. (www.internationaljournalofaist.8m.com ).
Basil Okafor (2007). Wear In screw Presses: A Major Problem In Palm Oil Mills. Research Journal of Applied Sciences. Medwell Online Faisalabad, Pakistan. (www.medwelljournals.net). 2 (1): 48-50. URL: http://medwelljournals.com/abstract/?doi=rjasci.2007.48-50.
Colonel Lambert Ihenacho (Rtd.)
Plot 1, Strive Street Extension, Strive House
Uratta Road Housing Estate, Owerri-Imo State.
Prof. Steven Odi-Owei
Frmr Vice Chancellor
RiversStateUniversity of Science and Technology
Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
H.R.H. Eze Dr George N. Ugorji
Eze Ohamere IV of Umuguma
Umuguma Autonomous Community
Owerri West Local Government Area, Imo State.