Engr. Uchechukwu Victor Opara
Phone No: 08038228325
Engr. Uchechukwu Opara hails from Umuoka Amakohia-Ubi, Owerri West L.G.A of Imo State. He attended Amakohia-Ubi community school where he obtained his first school leaving certificate in 1992. After his primary education, he went to Holy Ghost College Owerri, then Amakohia-Ubi Community Secondary School, where he obtained his West African School Certificate in 1999. He later joined Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri where he was awarded Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Mechanical Engineering in 2003. His quest for further studies drove him to Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) where he obtained Bachelor of Engineering (B.ENG) in Mechanical Engineering (industrial and production engineering option) in 2008. After his first degree, he went further to obtain a Master of Engineering (M.ENG) in Industrial and Production Engineering from the Federal University of Technology, Owerri in 2015. He is currently pushing his Doctor of Philosophy in industrial and production engineering in FUTO.
He worked briefly with the Imo State Ministry of Works and Transport before joining the Federal University of Technology, Owerri as a graduate assistant in 2014. He had been upgraded to the rank of Lecturer II.
Engr. U.V Opara is actively involved in teaching, supervision of undergraduate students’ projects and research in the area of industrial and production engineering. He has some publications in international journals. He is the current staff adviser of the Society of Mechanical Engineering Students (SOMES).
He is a member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), and a member of the Catholic Men Organization (CMO).
Engr. U. V. Opara is happily married with a child. In his leisure time, he plays football and read novels.
Optimal utilization of professional capability and skill to initiate the production process through adequate participation and contribution to the advancement of the global community and judicious utilization of available resources.
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES:
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (M.ENG) – 2009-2014
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (B.Eng) – 2003-2008
- Education Trust Fund Training in AUTOCAD – 2007
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri (OND) – 2000-2003
- Amakohia-Ubi Community Secondary School (WAEC) – 1999
- Community School Amakohia-Ubi Owerri West L.G.A. Imo State (FSLC) – 1986-1992
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- First School Leaving Certificate, Community School Amakohia-Ubi – 1992
- West African School Certificate, Amakohia-Ubi Secondary School – 1999
- Ordinary National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri -2003
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.ENG) (Second Class Upper Division) Federal University of Technology, Owerri – 2008
- Master of Engineering (M.ENG) Industrial and Production Engineering, Federal University of Technology, Owerri – 2015
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Industrial and Production Engineering – In view
- General Machine Tools Operations and Maintenace (IT), Federal Ministry of Industrial Development Centre (IDC) Owerri. General Equipment Maintenance
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Community High School Ikoyi Isokan L.G.A, Osun State
- Mechanical Engineer, Imo State Ministry of Works and Transport.
EXPERIENCE IN COMPUTER APPLICATION
- AUTOCAD Designs
- General Computer Applications
- Equipment Maintenance and Installation
- Machine Tools Operation and Maintenace
- General Project Supervision
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- Registered Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
DETAILS OF ACADEMIC PUBLICATIONS BY OPARA UCHECHUKWU V. (B.ENG. M. ENG)
- Opara U.V Osueke G. O Amaefula C. U. and Akpaboo A. U. (2014); Evaluation of distribution mechanism in some vegetable oil companies in Nigeria International Journal of Engineering and Research. Vol.3, Issue 5. ISSN: 2277-5668.
- Osueke G. O. Akpabio A. U. Amaefula C. U. and Opara U. V. (2014); Productivity investigation of flour production process in selected Nigeria’s flour milling companies. World Journal of Management and Engineering. World Journal of Publisher (WJP). Vol. 2, Issue 3. Pp 225-234.
- Osueke G. O. Amaefula C. U. Akpabio A. U. and Opara U. V. (2014); Optimization of production and inventory systems in manufacturing: A case study of Nigerian Bottling Company, Owerri. World Journal of Management and Engineering. World Journal of Publisher (WJP) Vol. 2. Issue 3 pp 235-240.
- A.C. Okoronkwo, O. B. Ezurike, U. V. Opara, J.O. Igbokwe and P.C. Olele (2016); The synthesis, characterization and the Performance Evaluation of a Gasoline Ethanol Diethyl Ether Blend on Spark Ignition Engine. Journal of Basic and Applied Research International 16(2): 155-164, 2016 ISSN: 2395-3438 (P), ISSN: 2395-3446 (O).
- Osueke, G.O, Ogu, D.C, Opara U. V Emeka-Opara, F.O; Design and fabrication of a solar-powered grain grinding machine for higher productivity. World Journal of Science 2015, 3(3): 376-383.
- Osueke G. O, Opara U.V, Nwogu N.C Emeka-Opara, F.O; The impact of oil spillage in Niger Delta communities. World Journal of Science 2015 3(3): 363-375.