Dr Kennedy Chinedu Okafor is a Senior Member of IEEE, USA; a teaching researcher with over 12 years R&D experience in Technology management/consulting, Digital Transformation, Intelligent computing, Cyclomatic Smart Grid Automation, Cybersecurity, Robotics/AI and Software engineering. He worked with Electronic Development Institute (Former Centre for Adaptation of Technology-CAT), under National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure, (NASENI-FMST), Nigeria as a Senior R&D Engineer in Microprocessor/Mechatronics; VLSI/ICT departments (2006-2014) , before joining the services of Federal University of Technology in June 2014 as a core teaching researcher. He had his B.Eng in Elect/Elect., ESUT (2005); M.Eng (2012) and PhD (2017) from the University of Nigeria Nsukka, (UNN) with a major in Digital Electronics and Computer Engineering, respectively. He received the prestigious Vice-Chancellor Award as the overall best graduating student from Faculty of Engineering, UNN in 2017. He was the link facilitator between the National Instruments, Texas, the USA, and FUTO, for Certification Lab Supports, Training and Equipping of FUTO Mechatronics Lab. Currently; he is a research collaborator with the Center for Lighting Enabled Systems & Applications (LESA) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA.
PhD – Digital Electronics and Computer Engineering, UNN- 2017, (Distinction)
Eng. – Digital Electronics and Computer Engineering, UNN, – 2012, (Distinction)
Eng, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, ESUT Nigeria – 2005, (Second Class Upper)
ISO 20700 Certified Management Consultant (CMC-Global)®, Zurich, Switzerland.
Certifications in IEEE Big Data Analytics® | IEEE Cyber Security®, | Green IT®
Cisco Certified Network Associate, CCNA: Routing, Switching, WLAN, Security. (CSCO11498963/397194168357HOCJ)
Cisco Certified Network Professional, CCNP: Unified Data Center Computing
Windows NT Server+, A+ (CompTIA Certifications).
R. Engineer, the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, COREN. #R.32, 930.
Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), USA, #92109566
Member of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI). Zurich, Switzerland. Member of International Society for Development and Sustainability (ISDS), Japan, #M172881
Member of IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (MIRAS)
Member of IEEE Computer Society (MIComSec)
Member of IEEE Systems/ Sensors Council, (MISC)
Member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG), #114955.
International Cyber Threat Task Force, (MICTTF), Ireland.
Member of International Association of Risk and Compliance Professionals (MIARCP), USA.
Member of Cloud Security Alliance, (CSA), UK Chapter.
Member of Cyberlaw and Information Security Group.
Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers, (MNSE) #32,352.
Member of Nigeria Computer Society, (MNCS), #08351.
Member of Cyber Security Experts Association of Nigeria (MCSEAN), #340131
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=qmT3df0AAAAJ
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kennedy_Okafor
Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/E-1334-2016
Honours & Awards
- Vice-Chancellor/Faculty Award 2017 (Best graduating PhD Candidate, 2017, Distinction).
- IEEE Nigercon 2017 Innovation Award.
- IEEE Senior Membership Award, IEEE, USA (2017)
- Most Outstanding IEEE Volunteer/Young Professional in Region 8 by IEEE ASYPC, 2017.
- IEEE 2017 MGM Award Program. Award No- MGM177587.
- Post Doctoral Award offer, School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada, 2017, March 2017.
- ICAST 2014 Best Award Paper in Web Engineering, Covenant Univ.Ota, Nigeria Oct.20th 2014
- Recipient of the Federal Government of Nigeria Grant through Nigerian Tertiary Education Trust Fund, PhD research, 2015.
- Recipient of National Information Technology Merit Award, PhD research, (NCS-Jim Ovia Scholarship Foundation), 2016.
- Guest Speaker Award by IEEE U.S.A (Nigeria Section), on “Special Topics From Industry” at Federal University of Technology, Owerri, August 2014
- Certificate of Commendation, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Zamfara State, (2008).
- Certificate of Merit/Honour, InfoTech Corps Community Dev. Service, Zamfara State, (2008).
Mechatronics & Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)| Cyber-Security/Networked Forensics| Internet-based Distributed Computing Systems (IaaS/Fog/Edge Computing)| Large-Scale Software Engineering (Cloud Data Centers, Smart Web – SaaS/PaaS)| Parallel and Distributed Computing/HPC| Networked Robotics and Cyber-physical Systems| Embedded System Integrations – Microprocessors, VLSI FPGA/CPLDs applications| System Assurance and Quality of Service (QoS), Computational Intelligence | System Optimization & Reliability| Modelling of HPC Systems. Cyclomatic/Osmotic Computing.