Charles Nwachukwu Anyakwo is a Professor of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering. He has several publications and has presented many papers at National and International Conferences. He has also been an invited Guest Speaker for several organizations in Nigeria.
He served as the Head of Department, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, FUTO for seven years, Deputy Director for Centre of Industrial Studies for three years and Associate Dean of the School of Engineering and Engineering, Technology from 2010 to 2014.
Presently, he is serving as an External Examiner for undergraduate and post graduate degree programmes for some Universities in Nigeria.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- M.Sc. (Distinction) 1981, in Metallurgical Engineering, Donetsk State Technical University, Donetsk, Ukraine
- Ph.D. (1987), Strathclyde, Glasgow, U.K. (Common Wealth Scholar)
- Bureau for External Aid for Education Scholarship for MSc degree programme (1975-1981)
- National Certificate of Honour for Installation and Exploitation of Nigeria’s First Steelmaling facilities at Delta Steel Company Limited, Aladja, Warri, Nigeria. (1982)
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Ph.D. Research, 1983 –1986
- C.N. Anyakwo: S, Simukanga and R.I Pomfet, “Reaction Model for Reduction of Cr2 03 from slag “3rd International Conference Proceedings on Molten Slags Institute of Metals, London, (1989) pp: 305-306.
- C.N. Anyakwo , “Teaching Metallurgical Plant Design in Federal University of Technology Owerri”. Proceedings of the Second International Working Conference on Education, Professional standards and Quality, Sheffield, England, 24-27 March, 1997 pp.10-16.
- C.N. Anyakwo, “Miniaturized Plants and Machineries Academies of Engineering, MPMEA” Proceedings of the Global Congress on Engineering Education, Cracow, Poland, 6-11 September 1998.
- C.N. Anyakwo, O. W. Obot, Phosphorus Removal Capability of Aspergillus Terreus and Bacillus Subtilis from Nigeria’s Agbaja Iron Ore, Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterisation and Engineering vol. 9, No. 12, pp 1131-1138, 2010. (USA)
- C.N. Anyakwo, O. W. Obot, Laboratory Studies on Phosphorus Removal from Nigeria’s Agbaja Iron Ore by Bacillus subtilis, Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering Vol. 10, No.9, pp.817-825, 2011 (USA)
- C.N. Anyakwo, O. W. Obot, Phosphorus Degradation Capability of Aspergillus terreus on Nigeria’s Agbaja Iron Ore, Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering, Vol. 10, No.12, pp.1189-1196, 2011 (USA)
- C.N. Anyakwo, O. W. Obot, Phosphorus Removal Capability of Aspergillus terreus and Bacillus subtilis on Nigeria’s Agbaja Iron Ore, Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering, VOL 10, No. 3, pp. 267-278, 2011. (USA)
- C.N. Anyakwo and O.W. Obot, Effect of Degradation of Nigeria’s Agbaja Iron Ore by Aspergillus parasiticus Global Journal of Engineering & Technology vol. 4, no. 3 (2011) pp 411-416
- O.W. Obot, C. N. Anyakwo, Degradation of Nigeria’s Agbaja Iron Ore by Penicillium citrinum International Journal of Engineering. Vol. 5, No. 2, 103 – 110, 2011
- O.W. Obot and C. N. Anyakwo Removal of Phosphorus from Nigeria’s Agbaja iron ore through the degradation ability of micrococcus species International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering Vol. 4(4), PP. 114-119, April 2012.
- O.W. Obot and C. N. Anyakwo, Phosphorus Removal from Nigeria’s Agbaja Iron Ore by Solubilization with Eurotium herbariorum, Journal of Microbiology and Antimicrobials, vol. 4(7), pp. 115-122, December, 2012
- O.W. Obot, C. N. Anyakwo, Comparative Phosphorus Removal Capabilities of Eurotium herbarorium and Clostridium Species on Nigeria’s Agbaja Iron Ore, Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering, Vol. 11, No.8, pp.848-852, August 2012 (USA)
- C.I. Nwoye, C. N. Anyakwo, E. Obidiegwu and N. E. Nwankwo, Models for Assessment and Computational Analysis of Hardness of the Heat Affected Zone in Water Cooled Aluminium Weldment, Journal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering, Vol. 10, No.8, pp.707-715, 2011 (USA)
- C.N. Anyakwo, The Desulphurization of Enugu and Okaba Coals using KOH, NaOH and Thiobacillus Ferroxidans, Journal of Materials & Metallurgical Engineering, Vol. 5, PP 15-19, 2005
- C.N. Anyakwo, “A Combination of Component Edge-Numbering and Plane-Legending and Staged Drawing Techniques for respectively executing Orthographic Projections and Pictorial Drawings”, Journal of Technical and Vocational Education Studies, Vol. 6, N. 6, 2008, pp 45-54
- O.W. Obot, C. N. Anyakwo, Improving the Quality of Nigeria’s Agbaja Iron Ore through Biosorption of Phosphorus using Aspergillus niger, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, vol. 2 issue 7, July – 2013.
- C.N. Anyakwo, Agha Inya Ndukwe, (2016); “Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in Sulphuric Acid by Leaf Juice of Tridax Procumbent Plant, Engineering Conference and Exhibition, Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, pp 501-508, 2016.
- Agha Inya Ndukwe and Anyakwo C. N. (2017) Modelling of Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in Sulphuric Acid by thoroughly Crushed Leaves of Voacanga Africana (Apocynaceae), American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER), Volume-6, Issue-1, pp344-3556, 2017.
- Agha Inya Ndukwe and Anyakwo C. N. (2017) Modelling of Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in Hydochloric Acid by Crushed Leaves of
Sida Acuta (Malvaceae), International Journal of Science and Engineering Investigations (IJES), vol 6, issue 1, pp 22-33, Jan 2017.
- Agha Inya Ndukwe and Anyakwo C. N. (2017) Predictive Model of Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in HCl by Crushed Leaves of
Clerodendrum Splendens , International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IRJET), vol. 4 Issue 02, pp 679-688, Feb.2017.
Agha Inya Ndukwe and Anyakwo C. N. Corrosion Inhibition Model for Mild Steel in Sulphuric Acid by Crushed Leaves of Clerodendrum Splendens (Verbenaceae), International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science (IJSEAS), Volume 3, Issue-3, pp39-49, March 2017.
- C. Onuoha, O.O. Onyemaobi, C.N.Anyakwo, G.C. Onuegbu;(2017), Effect of Filler Content and Particle Size on the Mechanical Properties of Corn Cob Powder Filled Recycled Polypropylene Composites, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Sciences (IJSEAS), Volume-3, Issue-4, April 2017
- C. Onuoha, O.O. Onyemaobi, C.N.Anyakwo, G.C. Onuegbu;(2017), Effect of Filler Loading and Particle Size on the Mechanical Properties of Periwinkle Shell-Filled Recycled Polypropylene CompositesAmerican Journal of Engineering Research, Volume-6, Issue-4, pp 72-79, 2017
- Consultant; JIMVRI and LASER Companies
- Monitored Internal Corrosion of Pipes for AGIP oil Nig. Ltd. (Under NEC and TENTA Companies)
- Corrosion Inspection Department of Shell Petroleum Development Corporation (2006-2007)